Burner mission needs rebalance? What has being going on?

i dont need to OH. but thats because more ooomp from the bling

Ah ok, I did some lev 4’s with BS’s just fine as Alpha, but actually never tried Burners as an Alpha.

This was my old fit, and it was OK. Now it’s useless. I also noticed this was now overtanked, but it wasn’t the case before. It was just fine. So there’s sure have been changes on both sides.

[Wolf, *OLD FIT BURNER SANSHA]
Small Armor Repairer II
Tracking Enhancer II
Tracking Enhancer II
Tracking Enhancer II
Centum C-Type Energized Thermal Membrane

Tracking Computer II
Small Cap Battery II

200mm AutoCannon II
200mm AutoCannon II
200mm AutoCannon II
200mm AutoCannon II
Arbalest Compact Light Missile Launcher

Small Auxiliary Nano Pump II
Small Anti-Thermal Pump II

Republic Fleet EMP S x7093
Caldari Navy Mjolnir Light Missile x1663

the third TE is useless. u will get the most benefit from a web.

I just lost two blingy Deimos to the Talos burner mission…
I nevr lost them before…

I was completely unable to tank also in the second Deimos it was full tank… speed…
nothing… pop pop pop… 1B isk to the void…

This is absurd… I’m not going to buy a Vagabond. I’m going to quit.
If every mission has been buffed to this nonsense…
I have no fun anymore…

They most definitely need rebalance, or leave command ships enter the sites, and I still have doubt they could tank them…

I run once with a T2 Assault frig, to try get back the loot, and I’ve been alpha at 170km distance from them!

I made a Sleipnir run with 300hp/s tank, and 80% therm and kinetik res, just to recover my loot and I’ve been popped…

So what DPS do they do? 30.000 DPS at 100+ km?? This is madness.

just bookmark the wreck, abort mission at agent and get the loot.

2 Likes

Thanx, next time I will do it. I did bookmark the wrecks but I didn’t know it was possible.

Wanted to do them first time with decent skills in the 90M area combat only and used some of the proposed setups in the web. Got killed within a minute, even with overheated modules hardener and repairers, 400M did go pop in less than 60s. Tried the same on Sissi, with no luck either. Either the promoted fits are no longer valid, or they made them the hell more demanding.

Hopefully with the new patch things will get a little better, I will never try Burner Talos again, that’s for sure. I’m pretty scared nonetheless to do any of the older solo-burner missions because of the numerous nerfs-changes. I made the Phantasm in a non-pimped Wolf, but they all aggro more, so yes, all suggested fits, at least for me, ar no longer viable 100%, one should re-test them with the cheaper T2 fits possible. If they fail, it will fail also the pimped fit. T2 fits. I can’t fly Nergal tho. Eve is changing.

It’s not they made it more hard, it’s they hadn’t been adjusted after nerfs, they always been max skills top of the line ultimate PVE HS missions available, hard core fly skills. But you can’t speed tank them. Just three or four you can speed tank. This is MY Garmur it hopefully is still valid for TEAM burner. It used to have three caldary navy BCS in the lows, but CPU-wise is no longer viable, maybe Garmur has been nerfed also? Precision gets 35 Km range, so orbiting 30 KM is just fine. Except Jaguar TEAM Burner were the easiest of the lot, with proper kite fit.

[Garmur, X-27 APACHE T2 BURNER ALL]
[Garmur, X-27 APACHE T2 TEAM ALTERNATE]
Ballistic Control System II
Crosslink Compact Ballistic Control System
Pro-Nav Compact Missile Guidance Enhancer

5MN Y-T8 Compact Microwarpdrive
Peripheral Compact Target Painter
Astro-Inertial Compact Missile Guidance Computer

Light Missile Launcher II

Small Bay Loading Accelerator I
Small Warhead Rigor Catalyst I
Small Warhead Flare Catalyst I

Missile Range Script x1
Missile Precision Script x1
Scourge Precision Light Missile x159

Caldari Navy Scourge Light Missile x1659
Inferno Light Missile x200
Inferno Precision Light Missile x1292
Mjolnir Precision Light Missile x1242
Inferno Fury Light Missile x1991

Suggested fit uses polarized Rockets, but wrecking shots are not a rare thing, and I’d never orbit nearer 30Km, and is quite expansive… 35km to be on the safer side, use Navy and move even further away, 40 or 50km to be ultra-safe. Polarized Javelins Rockets fit* vs My Fury Lights 34km vs 35km - 190 DPS vs 150 DPS. Fly Safe. *My Simul was made with my Rigs, not suggested fly range fit. I’d stay even 60km away from the Jaguar.

I just made my first Eve online video, lol, it sounds pretty bad!.
Done after June rebalance patch. I found it pretty hard.
There is alternative fit that jam one of the Navitas online, Kestrel T1/T2.
Maybe that fit is also ok now in 2020? This was barely ok… 20 min vid…!

I just wanted to prove with this fit Burner Team is doable (HIgh skills required) in Alpha
The polybolos really made the difference, without them, I was not able to break Navitas tank!
Resolution is shitty, orbit at 25 Km, One range script, two precision scripts and Guristas Novas.

I was pretty curious about the polarized rocket fit… I took a chance with the Hookbill!

Caldari Navy Hookbill Polarized rockets fit

ML-EKP ‘Polybolos’ Ballistic Control System
ML-EKP ‘Polybolos’ Ballistic Control System

5MN Y-T8 Compact Microwarpdrive
1MN Civilian Afterburner - *inactive

Polarized Rocket Launcher

Small Rocket Fuel Cache Partition II
Small Hydraulic Bay Thrusters I
Small Hydraulic Bay Thrusters II

sorry but 19 min is way too long.

you can trust the polarized garmur fit if you orbit the burner @ 20 except the jaguar.
for the jaguar i swap a guidance comp for a sensor booster and orbit @ 30 with javelins.

i got zero wrecking shots @ 30 in years.

[Garmur, Garmur fit]

5MN Quad LiF Restrained Microwarpdrive
Astro-Inertial Compact Missile Guidance Computer, Missile Range Script
Astro-Inertial Compact Missile Guidance Computer, Missile Range Script

Polarized Rocket Launcher, Caldari Navy Mjolnir Rocket

Small Rocket Fuel Cache Partition II
Small Hydraulic Bay Thrusters II
Small Hydraulic Bay Thrusters I

this fit is 10 m cheaper than your hookbill stuff and has 240 dps cold with free choice of ammo.

I got one. Not kidding !!

also faction TP increases the damage by, like, a lot. need to check the real DPS, but on my toon with perfect skills I can apply perfectly only with faction TP.

wut :open_mouth:

yeah faction tp is a nice option too, but he wants to stay cheap as hell.

yeah I was like “WTF WTS WTF ?” too.

I double checked and was like 31km from it.
I was afraid to have been subject of bug with complete loss of control.

1 Like

The fit yes, because polybolos costs 20M, but Hookbill vs Garmur is 45M difference.

19 min yes, too long even for me. I could do it in 10Min next time, 10 minutes were wasted
orbiting too far without precision scripts.

I wish I could fit a TP on the Hookbill…

with non-polarized you have more range, so you can shoot it from further without scripts.

IMO the gain from polarized is not enough unless you already have perfect application. Sometimes it may even be better to just use rage rather than going polarized, depending on your actual application.

With Garmur, yes, it is possible
With Hookbill… no chance to break that tank without polarized!

hu ? yes. You can break it with a griffin, too.

you will always have problems if u dont try suggestions. the solutions where told.

also try again the testserver. click on the hamburger menu in the upper right corner of the launcher. click server list. click play on singularity.

yes the garmur is surprisingly expensive. but its just one ■■■■■■■ mission to get the costs.

Well I kinda followed suggestion for the Burner Talos fit… that did not go very well…