Burner Mission - Ship advice to solo them including fittings

Anything about the Triglavian ships ?

Your fit looks fine and is very similar to mine. It sounds like a skill problem. You should be putting out at least 280-300 DPS. I’d say to check your missile skills, with particular attention to anything that offers improved rate of fire or damage. Also, use a loading bay accelerator rig (it gives you slightly more DPS than calefaction). Some implants don’t hurt either - I run snapshot rockets and rapid launch. Upgrading the BCS to faction helps too - expensive, but burner ships ain’t supposed to be cheap.

Even with 300 DPS, I go through almost 2 full magazines of rockets. Much less than that won’t break his tank.

your volleys look fine but more important are the dps. to add @Sinjin_Pava some faction launcher also help as long as you stay with the cn rockets.

I think you might have a range problem, fit should be fine DPS wise, will probably need a reload though. I ran into this while testing on a lower SP pilot. That said there’s a few easy solutions here:

the first is to manual pilot so you are flying to where the target will be, takes a bunch of clicks. Say the target is flying clockwise and is at 3 o’clock, so you want to fly at 6 o’clock and then just work around the circle as it orbits.

the second would be to just fly away so the target has to follow you, as it’s flying at you your missiles gain a bit of range. not sure how effective this is as I haven’t tried it yet, but it’s on the list of things to do.

that sounds more like rage rocket dps and that requires a slightly different fit, and probably better skills.

as for the rig either is pretty much fine, there’s almost no difference. I might even prefer the damage rig as the rof rig increases heat damage.

Nope. That’s with faction rockets (plus one 200mm auto cannon shooting barrage). Even with that, it takes me most of a second magazine overheating at the end. If you’re shooting less DPS than that, you may simply have better application skills than me. With that in mind, maybe trading the rigor rig (decreases target signature radius factor) for a flare catalyst (decreases target velocity factor) will help a bit. Rockets will hit a 40m signature cleanly without rigs, but any speed above about 300m/s will degrade the impact.

Definitely something to check. The Daredevil attempts to orbit at 11k, so you only need that much (and you can get away with a little less).

most likely a range problem.

with 278 DPS I kill the agent serpentis in once clip, remaining 2-6 rockets, cold, no drug .
remember that your REAL range is max-flight-time of rockets rounded down, times the rocket speed. eg if you have less than 4s flight time, you need to use 3s as the real duration.

Those were pretty similar to my numbers before the fix to the rep bug, but I can’t come anywhere close to doing it in one mag anymore - certainly not with 278 DPS. Is your experience based on recent runs? Would you mind posting your fit and skills? I’m curious now why I’d be such an outlier even though I’m running substantially more DPS. My application skills aren’t perfect, but they’re 4s and 5s. It makes no sense that you’d be doing it essentially twice as fast.

Did the run yesterday, to be sure of what I was affirming. Got 6 remaining rockets but I know sometimes I can go as low as 4.

Read what I said about the range. The REAL range on my fit is 12ish km, so I am ok ; but I have perfect apply skill (including the skill that increases the painted target size) and only one missing range skill - that I compensate with an implant. I guess with sub perfect apply and range skills you deal less damage.

Sorry I won’t share my fit. They are all on the cutting edge, with cap duration computed to last just a bit more than the time required, tank holding just enough, according to my skills, my implants, it would not make sense for you to use them.
Just FYI I almost always hear the cap warning when I kill a burner ; including blood and serpentis. only sansha and guristas I don’t because cap is easy on them.

just checked and I have 3s flight and 4.9 km/s which means 14.7 km real range.

the fit a few posts above should be able to one clip it, just requires perfect skills, a damage implant, maybe a faction BCU, and maybe a 5% damage booster. You will need to fire off a ~15 volleys and then use heat for the rest of the fight.

Also it’s easier to one clip it with a rage rocket fit, although that requires pretty much perfect skills to get enough range to hit the target. Also it’s kinda a race against time as you either don’t have the cap or hp/s to tank forever, I believe this fit also works with a cap booster. The fit with rage rockets looks something like this, although you probably need to change to a faction cap battery and compact painter, the EFT on this comp is super outdated and doesn’t have those.

[Hawk, * Agent Serpentis Daredevil Rage]
Ballistic Control System II
Caldari Navy Ballistic Control System

Pithi A-Type Small Shield Booster
Small Capacitor Battery II
Target Painter II
Caldari Navy Stasis Webifier
Caldari Navy Stasis Webifier

Rocket Launcher II, Scourge Rage Rocket
200mm AutoCannon II, Barrage S

Small Warhead Rigor Catalyst II
Small Warhead Rigor Catalyst II

1 Like

have done it today with cn rockets. still left 6 rockets from the first clip without heating. on the rigs i run a bay loading acc 2 and a rigor 1. skills are perfect.

@Sinjin_Pava

sure you loaded scourge ?

btw i ended my improvement on the shield enyo. think i reached the max

[Enyo, worm copy 2]
Federation Navy Magnetic Field Stabilizer
Federation Navy Magnetic Field Stabilizer
‘Monopoly’ Magnetic Field Stabilizer
‘Monopoly’ Magnetic Field Stabilizer

Gistii A-Type 5MN Microwarpdrive
Caldari Navy Warp Scrambler
Pithi B-Type Small Shield Booster

Light Neutron Blaster II, Void S
[empty high slot]

Small Hybrid Burst Aerator II
Small Polycarbon Engine Housing I

Acolyte I x1

just another 23 dps on guns. with a ss-905, sh-605 and agency booster you scratch 700 dps.

I don’t think we need that DPS. I mean, the main issue is to reach him, not to kill him.
overdrive maybe ?

BTW we don’t even need the shield booster, I burnt it with 2 cycles of MWD and still was able to catch him and kill him with 25% armor remaining ^^ just orbit 2km to approach and then orbit 500 when mwd is off. the tracking of enyo is good enough, you don’t need anything to track it. So the matter is 1- catching him (two cycles of OL mwd is enough) and 2- wreck him = easy

Definitely prefer this enyo to the old DD fit, thx again !! :wink:

:laughing:

youre right, the benefit especially with a relative short one like this is marginally. but as it looks like i was the only one who used a shield enyo in the past (2 years maybe) i wanted to sport out the max after the last changes. from hitting gate to completion its constantly just around 1 minuteÂą. regardless a good or bad approach.

its funny to watch other vids which take 3 or more minutes . :grinning:

makes shield enyo sense? yes, if you want fly something different, have the skills and the money to fit it.second, because we can. of course i use the mods not only on this :wink:

wft, you dont used Shield/armor reps ? :star_struck: that would be insane. fozzy ragequit incoming :slightly_smiling_face:

I did not chose to, my MWD was overloaded for two cycles and my shield booster already a bit damaged-> burnt when I land scram on the burner. good thing it was the booster and not the scram …
The natural resists on the enyo allowed me to survive the few missiles I took. I have to say I was a bit shaking.
Of course I could also just have fled in a direction, this would have allowed me to escape the missiles.

someone tells me if I am wrong :slight_smile:
burner daredevil speed is 1200 m/s
sig is 40

missile evasion is thus 30
with two webs, we go 0.40.48 = 5.7

rage rocket is speed 193, radius 25
which means missile precision =7.74

that means we deal full damage without any more missile precision rig (flare/rigor) ?

ok but thit is insane. :slightly_smiling_face:

just tested and can’t kill it in one clip with rage

Interesting discussion. Gonna go back and recheck everything next time I run burners. Something is clearly our of whack in my setup. I thought my experience was the norm - guess not. I do know I’m shooting out to 13km according to Pyfa so range shouldn’t be an issue. It may very well be that my application skills being at 4 is the culprit.

Yeah, that’s definitely not my style anyway. I used to run burners for maximum efficiency but now I do what is more like “relaxed gentleman’s burners” - overtanked, cap stable fits that are as forgiving as possible. Not as fast but I find I enjoy them more that way.

sig radius should be 18m according to: http://games.chruker.dk/eve_online/item.php?type_id=34143

if fury applied with just webs that would make it pretty easy. I think you need the rigors, painter, and webs to get 100%.

I feel stupid now.

hmmm already tested fury yesterday and got regarding to log less damage entries. bit annoying but cn´s looks like to do the job better.

pretty sure it might be a range issue for fury´s