Burner Mission - Ship advice to solo them including fittings

ok I just made the numbers, with my skills.

ammo rigs 2 webs 2 webs +paint
rage rigor 1 , calefaction 2 237 325
rage rigor 2 , calefaction 1 240 313
rage rigor 2 *2 281 296
navy rigor 1 , calefaction 2 277 277
navy rigor 2 , calefaction 1 267 267
navy rigor 2 *2 253 253

so what we can see is that (for my skills/implants) it’s better to go rage,

• with 2 mids go for rigs rigor II,
  • with 3 mids go for rigs rigor I + calefaction II

consider that the difference, though not so high, should be considered after substraction of the daredevil’s 165.8 kinetic rep.

• with 2mids, rage gain 3.5% applied dps over navy ;
  • with 3 mids, rage gains 42% applieds DPS over navy (2 or 3 mids are same)
2 Likes

Hi, as soon as i drop drones the taloses exterminate them, how are you keeping your VNI drones alive?

ok so using rage rockets + double web + paint +calefaction II + rigor I
modules are cold (all)
I kill the serpentis in 50-15 = 35 rockets instead of the 50-6 = 46 rockets.
with 1.58s dof that means a difference of 17s.
total time to warpin+ kill+slowboat to loot is thus 2:03 .
total fight time is a bit more than 55s.

I will

• try adding in a 150mm instad of the nos, I really don’t need that much cap.
  • time the fight.
  • try with OL rockets.
    That should even add 50% more applied DPS (after healing), which SHOULD mean ~25 ish rockets or 30ish seconds, brinnging it to a agent angel level.

OL the paint is useless as I am already applying to 100%
total fit is around 600M.

1 Like

total time from “take gate” order to “loot item” order is 1:33 (93s)
I stopped the OL when the rocket reached 80% heat, burner was on armor.

next will time it cold.

for note, I do agent angel in 1:29 (89s) average (same, warpin+kill+loot)
agent guristas in 1:47 (107s) , just timed it but made a msall mistake (double clic the scram which made it escape)
edit :
did guristas again in 1:34 (94s) Will inject acceleration control V, it should help.

edit2 :
omfg 150k SP/injector, that sucks. #CCPLEASE

edit 3
ok with acc control V I actually take more time , 1:50 (111s) to kill guristas. The matter is, I slingshot myself. I guess I should only OL one cycle now.

edit 4
agent sansha with OL AB is now 1:04 (64s)

edit 5
base angel is 3:57 (240s)

edit 6:
agent serp cold 1:12(72s) to warp and kkill, +30s (=103s)to grab loot. killed it with 20% cap remaining.

edit 7:
agent angel in 1:12 (72s)

2 Likes

Role playing.

You have to call them back as soon as they start taking damage. When a drone starts taking hits, I call it back while keeping the others in the fight. As soon as it gets back to my drone bay, I launch another to take its place. I usually have to do that a 2-3 times against the first Talos, 1-2 times for the second, and never for the third. I still end up losing 1-2 drones per mission (though I’ve lost as many as 6 in a freak occurrence). You can’t really treat them as expendable because you don’t have a large enough drone bay to hold many spares.

1 Like

And you orbit at what range on talos?

I set mine for 5km.

Is a brutix possible to run the Serpentis base efficiently?

with the following fit:
[Brutix, Brutix fit]

Magnetic Field Stabilizer II
Magnetic Field Stabilizer II
Corpum C-Type Medium Armor Repairer
Armor Thermal Hardener II
Armor Kinetic Hardener II
Reactive Armor Hardener

50MN Cold-Gas Enduring Microwarpdrive
Medium Micro Jump Drive
Small Electrochemical Capacitor Booster I, Navy Cap Booster 400
Small Electrochemical Capacitor Booster I, Navy Cap Booster 400

Heavy Neutron Blaster II, Void M
Heavy Ion Blaster II, Void M
Armor Command Burst I, Rapid Repair Charge

Medium Anti-Thermal Pump I
Medium Auxiliary Nano Pump I
Medium Anti-Kinetic Pump I

Valkyrie II x5

compared to the T2 deimos set up, you have more dps (701 with guns vs 647) and more tanks (and you can have more with T2 rigs). The speed is much lower but you have an MJD to cut the traveling quite a bit. And of course the main advantage is the price (should lose less than 200mil with insurance when exploding).
My main question is with a much bigger sig radius (4.6k vs 525), can you still speed tank the taloses well enough to avoid most incoming dps? Or what if I’m using an 100MN AB instead (762sig and 472dps tank vs Talos)?

I think the gate doesn’t allow battlecruisers.

They do, you can run bases with t1 BCs.

I think you will have to go shinier on the tank, maybe even drop a magstab for another resist mod. BC sig is larger than a hac and you don’t get the MWD sig bonus either, so you will probably take more damage. Also DPS isn’t really the issue, it’s more of the travel time and tank.

Definitely interested in trying it, but I’d probably do it on sisi first.

1 Like

Wow. I never knew this. I had to dig deep to find a reference to T1 BCs being allowed. Interesting.

Coolio! I thought the agent said something in the lines of “only cruiser size ships allowed”. Anyhow, a battlecruiser may not be a good option - those Taloses hurt.

The cruisers generally just do it better for the bases.

Can use a drake for blood base, but gila pretty much puts out more damage. There was a smartbomb cyclone fit for angel base, but with the tank buffs that’s no longer usable, plus vigilant just destroys that mission. Serp base mostly want the cruiser for the speed, I’ve thought about bc for the MJD, but it just never seemed worth it. Guristas base, maybe some sort of kite harbinger would work well, might go try the navy harb since it has a tracking bonus and a bunch of mids, although it’s hard to see it as being anywhere near time efficient.

I run that mission in a Harpy, very cheap,but it works.

do you even have enough ehp to survive one wrecking shot ?

if you don’t sig tank, you need to handle 1200 DPS therm + 1200 DPS kinetic.

with this fit

brutix pimp
[Brutix, *Simulated Brutix]
Corpum A-Type Medium Armor Repairer
Corpus X-Type Armor Thermal Hardener
Corpus X-Type Armor Kinetic Hardener
Corpus X-Type Armor Kinetic Hardener
Corpus X-Type Armor Thermal Hardener
Reactive Armor Hardener

Gistum B-Type 50MN Microwarpdrive
Republic Fleet Large Cap Battery
Medium Micro Jump Drive
Imperial Navy Cap Recharger

Heavy Electron Blaster II

Medium Auxiliary Nano Pump II
Medium Nanobot Accelerator II
Medium Capacitor Control Circuit I

Void M x1200

with OH low slots I can reach this value ; however you’ll notice that I can’t keep the lows OL for very long, and that the damage is crapward (though once you reach one talos you can orbit it with propmod off)

Well, can’t say for sure, but i never exploded yet. The fit has 20.5k ehp according to pyfa with my skills, but power grid implant is needed.

I assume you can get some damage reduction with transversal, although if you have an MWD and MJD active you probably need to tank almost 2k for the 9 seconds for the MJD to go off. Also with the MJD I’d think you could kill one pretty quickly which would take a lot of damage off the field.

not really. You need to make 170km to reach the first (you are out of range of an ishtar with warden II and T2 projection mods), then you still need to kill the first, which should take some 4 min with so low DPS. I’m not sure orbiting it would allow to tank for long enough to kill it.

Anyhow this is very impractical.