Burner Mission - Ship advice to solo them including fittings

So I lost another daredevil today … Which one of these two succubus fits still work against the burner dramiel ?

[Succubus, Chainsaw Burner - Angels]
Heat Sink II
Capacitor Flux Coil II
Capacitor Flux Coil II
Stasis Webifier II
Gistum B-type Medium Shield Booster
Coreli A-Type 1MN Afterburner
Pith X-Type Explosive Deflection Field
Small Focused Pulse Laser II, Conflagration S
[empty high slot]
Small Anti-EM Screen Reinforcer II
Small Capacitor Control Circuit II

[Succubus, Ploing burner dramiel]
Heat Sink II
Imperial Navy Heat Sink
Imperial Navy Heat Sink
1MN Afterburner II
Pithi A-Type Small Shield Booster
Stasis Webifier II
Pithum A-Type Explosive Deflection Amplifier
Small Ghoul Compact Energy Nosferatu
Small Anti-Explosive Screen Reinforcer II

I use Ploing’s fit with a better afterburner and a lesser Exp Deflection Amp. The point of the fit is to run in a straight line slightly faster than the Burner so as to make its transversal close to zero (so you can hit it). Your Web II will reduce its speed to about 840m/s so your speed - after the Burner’s 60% web - needs to be higher than that. Make sure you get an afterburner that gives you that speed advantage based on your personal skills and/or implants. Between 2200 to 2300m/s is about what you want so you might need to use a Deadspace afterburner (the Burners base speed is 2100). Maybe test on Sisi to make sure you got it right. Good luck!

EDIT: I was looking at an older fit when I suggested 2200-2300m/s. My current fit is 2158m/s with a Coreli C-type AB and works very well. Sorry for the error.

1 Like

you can run both. chainsaws is capstable at all but lesser dps. my fit is not capstable at all but it is with guns off.

J Connrad named the important things and i just want to add a vid for the different approach with the succ.

The Ploing fit does more damage so it should complete the mission faster, but if you are mainly concerned about ship safety then I’d suggest my fit. I believe you can swap a cap flux for a heat sink and you should be able to complete the mission but it won’t be cap stable.

you can also do a fit that takes parts from both, I think this is what I used for a while,

[Succubus, burner dram]
Heat Sink II
Heat Sink II
Type-D Restrained Capacitor Flux Coil

Stasis Webifier II
Pithi A-Type Small Shield Booster
Coreli A-Type 1MN Afterburner
Pith X-Type Explosive Deflection Field

[empty high slot]

1 Like

Why don’t you go with the daredevil fit ? I never lost one. Sure it’s on the edge but you can use boosters to increase your DPS.

This might be a silly question but i just woke up and brain is still in bed. lol. How do you know its a burner mission over a regular mission? and how do you locate burner misssions so you can blitz them over and over? I glanced at https://docs.google.com/document/d/1SAv6bnGM-5etLoPHxVtCsbsz8Q8feN5CFSEgUZclPLI/pub looks like a bunch of different ships are needed to have depending which burner mission you run. For someone who has never done them and never had much luck with acessing the test server what is best recomendation on where to start / go for best isk / hr ration on a burner mission? Thanks again for all the help. Lamori

make a few L4s and the anwser will be obvious.

Look at the mission name

Anomic Agent - the pirate frigate burners
Anomic Team - the empire AF + 2 logi burners
Anomic Base - The pirate cruiser level burners

And then look at the description and faction to figure out what you are up against.

Typically I look at mission name and faction then select ship and start flying to location, then on the way there read the description just to double check things, I have flown the wrong ship to the mission before, luckily it was one of the bases and I got to warp out.

Any burner in which the target(s) stay close range ? or can stay in close range, I wanna test the precursor ships

angel agent and angel base.

you NEED a freaking tank though. The angel base 4 times the DPS of the angel agent.
Your main concern will be hitting the rat.

agent sansha can also be hugged. You need to double web him though (pimped AB also helps), though the AB is not mandatory (just faster to get in range) on the DD

agent guristas needs a scram (or web 60 on DD)+ an OL 5mn to catch him, but only deals kinetic damage so easier to tank.

agent serpentis … depends on your fit, it’s very agile (small sig) and fast, I guess you need 3 webs 60 (1 onthe DD ?)

When I mean close range, I mean less than 10k for frig. I was thinking of using a scram to cut off their “mwd”, and about hittting, Entropic Disintegrator have the highest tracking speed, so I’m not worried about it. but if their speed is due to an “afterburner” it’s toast

good luck hitting the little bugger in an angel base. you are sounding like it´s easy peasy to do them. :grinning:
but due to the ramp up some of the longer missions could be interesting.

Not saying it’s gonna be easy ^^ but the transversal, which is often a pain in the ass, may be not much of a problem, and the Damavik has only 2 middle slots, so you’re limited to 1 web/scram and a booster

EDIT btw tried the Burner Daredevil Serpentis Agent with the Hawk, I believe the tank regen has been buffed, my dps was pretty close to the fit posted and I was barely breaking his tank, I had to use /moveme in order to get out and get more ammo/booster

ok, let’s have a look at the evasion value for burners. That’s the value of tracking you must have to apply 40% of your DPS. if you can force the burner into a straight trajectory this is not an issue.

agent angel : 15272
agent blood : 666
agent guristas : 54.29
agent sansha : 453
agent serpentis : 244

if you can web it once, you multiply the required tracking by 0.4 (or your tracking by 2.5) ; web it twice = *0.18 (or your tracking by 5.3).
the damavik has 512 tracking with my skills.

The angel, even when caught by DD double web , is almost as fast as you - so no way to catch it in another ship.
The blood is a long-lasting fight, so maybe trig would be interesting here.
The guristas is at 34km range, so don’t expect to hit or even web it unless you catch it.

I tried a fit for blood.

Blood agent fit

damavik blood agent
[Damavik, *Simulated Damavik]
Navy Micro Auxiliary Power Core
Centii A-Type Small Armor Repairer
Centus X-Type Armor EM Hardener
Core X-Type Armor Thermal Hardener

'Censer' Medium Cap Battery
Stasis Webifier II

Light Entropic Disintegrator II

Small Ancillary Current Router I

Baryon Exotic Plasma S x500

has just enough capacitor recharge to counter neut (neut is 13.6). Just enough rep to tank it.
It has 512 tracking vs the 666*0.4=267 evasion, ie 82% hit chance, that means 78.3% applied DPS.
now what’s your DPS against him ? you can find its stats here

entropic deal 42% explo, 58% thermal DPS,
42% explo => 13.7 after resists
58% thermal => 15.162 after resist
total your entropic deals 28.94 % of its max DPS due to resist.
then you factor in the apply, it’s 22.65% of DPS that is actually applied.
Since the rat reps for 30 hp/s, you thus need to deal 30/0.2265 = 163.4 DPS to break it.
The succubus orbits @3000 m so you should not have range issue.

2 Likes

man I DEFINITELY need learn to pilot manually, I bet that would make things much better.
When I was against the burner DD, my first hits were at 211 then down to 165. I don’t know how I’m supposed to do this.
I’m trying the blood agent and his transversal is fucking disgusting x) his neut is horrible as well, sometimes I run out of cap and the web goes off

simulate the fit I gave, and tell me what your DPS is (with highest DPs charge, after max spooling)

you don’t get it, they are OP so you CAN’T do anything.
your first hit were okayish because he did not have a correct orbit yet.

Well dps in EVE only gives you at first cycle, but it’s at 52.8

btw I’m trying the blood with the wolf fit given
At this point, I wonder if the fits are still valid.

lol. I was wondering if you had ever done burner missions to say your ship would have no issue.

It’s actually the first time I’m trying out burner missions on sisi
I gotta try scrams instead of webs