Burner Mission - Ship advice to solo them including fittings

the daredevil one

go for the enyo !!!

1 Like

looks like the support skills are not high enough. you should have just no probs to catch him with a daredevil.

can you post your fit? maybe u picked the wrong one.

I know Iā€™m late, but hereā€™s a video featuring my fit albeit with some modifications :

It took me about 35 minutes to finish this mission but it can be ran with the certainty that you are not going to wipe. (I tried the vigilant fit but I ran out of boosters each time I tried)
Now that mutaplasmids are available I wonder if I can shorten the mission duration with a 18km web on the mantises.
Feel free to test or modify my fit on your own.

2 Likes

when u change the booster to a pith a medium you got about the same tank but can get rid of the caprecharger to add a 3 rd bc. this should speed up things.

I donā€™t think the tank is enough, before using the large one, i used a medium one on SiSi and wiped, you need at least 65hp/s of boost with these resists to tank through the onslaught of the dragonflies and the mantises. You can try if you want thoughā€¦

no for a test itĀ“s to long :smiley: maybe when i plan to do the guristas myself.
but you can test it easy on sisi now since all faction and ded mods are available for 100 bucks.

i just took a quick look yesterday and was a bit wrong about the tank. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:
but maybe the pith a med with a pith x hardener can hold, because with ~40 dps more you have to tank less damage when the first one dies quicker.

We should make a plea to reduce the time consumption of the Guristas burner to an acceptable level - event the abyssal sites are shorter.

1 Like

or just modify the reward gain algorithm. it is supposed to take into account the lowest time achieved to make the mission, however it looks like the data used is so old this is no more reliable.

Yeah they should definitely increase the reward by at least 3x because apart from chilling out between 2 burners, this mission is garbage but at least everytime I do it thereā€™s a faction ammo (some time a module, I even got a Gila BPC once) drop at least.

Iā€™m pretty sure if I can get my hand on a 18 km stasis webifier I can kill each mantis in one load of RLML thus reducing the time needed to complete the mission.

try with a pith x LSB and a rf large cap battery. You should be cap stable and have more ehp/s with a exp screen rig than your current fit with a cap rig.

1 Like

@Anderson_Geten is right

[Cerberus, Burner Guristas]
Ballistic Control System II
Caldari Navy Ballistic Control System

Pith X-Type Large Shield Booster
Gist X-Type Explosive Deflection Field
Republic Fleet Large Cap Battery
Republic Fleet Target Painter
Stasis Webifier II

Rapid Light Missile Launcher II, Mjolnir Precision Light Missile

Medium Anti-EM Screen Reinforcer II
Medium Anti-Explosive Screen Reinforcer II

Acolyte II x3
stronger tank and more dps. should be worth the trade with one tp.
if you comfortable with the tank you could also switch a rig for a rigor or flare.

maybe think about a fed nav web with oh.

actually I think even removing the explosive field should grant more ehp/s vs dragonflies.

But yes if you want to keep the explosive field, then using apply rig would be better
even more, using a pith c-type invul instead of the x-type explosive allows to have two apply rigs.

I could not find the stats of the dragonflies/mantis, is there the full stats ? I guess I could extract them from the data files but it takes time.

with

this fit
[Cerberus, *Burner Guristas]
Damage Control II

Pith X-Type Large Shield Booster
Pithum C-Type Adaptive Invulnerability Field
Republic Fleet Large Cap Battery
Republic Fleet Target Painter
Stasis Webifier II

Rapid Light Missile Launcher II

Medium Warhead Rigor Catalyst II
Medium Warhead Rigor Catalyst II

Acolyte II x3

Mjolnir Precision Light Missile x120

I have 49/90/85/75 resists, 115 hp/s, +51% apply with rigs(25% with the first rigor and 21 with the second), +41% apply with painter while with your fit you have +41% with the first and
+35.7 with the second(you thus gain a +11% apply)

yea the 18 fighters just take too long to chew through, and the length opens up a lot of room for error. Best I did was ~11 mins with the rail vigilant, not really sure what you could do better other than go shiny on the damage mods, but also I havenā€™t looked at it in a long time. If CCP dropped the last 2 sets of fighters I think it would probably be worth running. Might need a bounty bump to be fully competitive, but even so with just the max reward and LP payout it could be okay.

Also if you think you are having a bad run you can align out finish the current wave and then and warp off before the next wave spawns and points/scrams you.

1 Like

Fed Navy web with overheat gets you up from 14km to 18km, might be just what Qberty_Thoth needs for that situation. Iā€™ve been using two of them on my Sacrilege for Abyssal tier 3s and overheating as needed for those extra 4 kms and change.

Mutaplasmids could be an option as well, butā€¦ thereā€™s one other thing: the new web range implants from a couple events ago. Thereā€™s 3%, 5%, and 7% variants. Inquest ā€˜Erosā€™ Stasis Webifier MR-80x (replace x with 3 or 5 or 7)ā€¦ the 7%s tend to be mega-expensive in both Amarr and Jita but the 5%s arenā€™t too bad and if paired with faction and/or abyssal webs, can give you a bit extra range oomph.

I ran some more tests on SiSi based on your advices, and apparently you just need the pith x-type large shield booster, a x-type hardener of EM or Explosive resist depending on the wave and the republic fleet large cap booster combo to indeed tank this mission through, I also ran some more tests with the RLMLs and missiles and the best damage to deal is EM additionally the faction light missile is a downgrade from the precision missile as it puts up less damage. And finally with 2 T2 rigors on the rig slots I can finally oneshot the mantises with the aid of 2 target painters and 4 caldari ballistic control systems on the lower slots.

All of this results in a decrease of 10 minutes to the time needed to do this mission. So Iā€™m down to 25 minutes. But at least compared to the vigilant fit itā€™s more forgivable and I can relax between 2 burners while doing this mission. I donā€™t think we can do better unless we can somehow destroy 2 dragonflies with one load of RLML.

if I had the stats I could.

did you try with 2 rigors + 2 painters+ fury missiles ?
can you give me the damage numbers per salve on the shield of the rat with the fury/faction/precision with 1/2 painters active on the rigor rig ?

I will try it at the same time.

10 minutes time spared are not bad. :smiley:

maybe 2 things you can try on sisi after andersons advice.

1. calefaction rig.
  2. cal navy or gurista launcher. gives you more clips and is maybe worth with faction missiles. but that would be an expensive upgrade.

ok I am trying to aply a bit

dammage per salve with precision mjolnir. p=rf target painter, w = 60% web
naked : 301
1p : 365
2p : 434
1w : 503
1w1p : 582
2w : 582
max shown salvo damage : 895

from this I guess with web+ paint I reach their evasion, thus em res = 35%
I did less dmg with other missiles with 2*paint
ow my ā€œnakedā€ apply is 51.72%.
according to https://wiki.eveuniversity.org/Missile_damage the DRF is 0.561 so the real apply to evasion ratio is 0.31
my precisions have 306m/s and 12m , so precision= 306/12 and evasion = 82.6
the rats orbit at 1200 m/s so their sig is 14.5m