Burner Mission - Ship advice to solo them including fittings

Why not a republic fleet battery, they have the same fitting as the compact one. I think the c-type reps need more powergrid than regular tech 2 ones - those and shield boosters haven’t gotten the module-cide treatment yet.

Anyhow, 6 minutes sounds really cool. My first attempt took about 30 minutes.

You can do that and drop one of the cap rechargers to free up a mid slot, but I just couldn’t find any advantage by doing that so there was no harm in going cheap. I tried fitting a target painter in the extra mid, but since you’re fighting at zero with no transversal, it doesn’t get you anything.

Your fit gave me an idea for the most lazy and safe fit possible for the Burner Talos.

[Cerberus, Sepentis Base]
Caldari Navy Ballistic Control System

Pith X-Type Large Shield Booster
Pithum A-Type Adaptive Invulnerability Field
Pithum A-Type Adaptive Invulnerability Field
Pith X-Type Shield Boost Amplifier
Republic Fleet Large Cap Battery

Heavy Missile Launcher II, Caldari Navy Scourge Auto-Targeting Heavy Missile I

Medium Hydraulic Bay Thrusters II
Medium Anti-Kinetic Screen Reinforcer II

Face tanks 2500+ DPS and cap stable. DPS is lowish but good enough at 450+ depending on skills. Auto targeting missiles mean you don’t have to chase down the Talos because of sensor dampening. 169 km missile range means you need at least a 1% missile range implant, or just slow boating toward the Talos can keep it in range. With an implant, you can warp to site, turn on shield boosters/hardeners, activate missile launchers, wait for stuff to die, profit.

Pros:
-Ultra lazy mode
-No manual piloting required (providing you have at least a 1% missile range implant)
-No overheating required
-Almost impossible to die aside from being ganked

Cons:
-Very expensive fit (~3 Billion)
-Requires full Genolution implant set

I love the auto-targeting missile idea conceptually, but I’d be afraid to fly around in a ship that expensive. It’d be fun to try on the test server just to see what kind of runs times you could get though.

Then why not go electro instead of ion ? You can use a DPS rig instead of the ancil, and thus have more DPS (450-540 depending on your skills).

3173 ehp/s, 1B
[Deimos, electroTalos for Dummies]
Corpus X-Type Armor Thermal Hardener
Corpus X-Type Armor Kinetic Hardener
Reactive Armor Hardener
Federation Navy Magnetic Field Stabilizer
Corpum C-Type Medium Armor Repairer
Corpum C-Type Medium Armor Repairer

Gistum C-Type 50MN Microwarpdrive
Cap Recharger II
Cap Recharger II

Heavy Electron Blaster II

Medium Auxiliary Nano Pump I
Medium Hybrid Burst Aerator II

Void M x1600
2908 ehp/s, 800M
[Deimos, electroTalos for cheapies]
Corpus X-Type Armor Thermal Hardener
Corpus X-Type Armor Kinetic Hardener
Reactive Armor Hardener
Magnetic Field Stabilizer II
Ammatar Navy Medium Armor Repairer
Ammatar Navy Medium Armor Repairer

50MN Microwarpdrive II
Cap Recharger II
Cap Recharger II

Medium Auxiliary Nano Pump I
Medium Hybrid Burst Aerator II

Void M x2600

For the Burner Jaguar Matari Agent, what’s the flight behaviour of the ships ?

I modified it a bit

modified
[Cerberus, Sepentis Base]

Pith X-Type Large Shield Booster
'Thurifer' Large Cap Battery
Pith X-Type Kinetic Deflection Field
Pith X-Type Kinetic Deflection Field
Pith X-Type Thermal Dissipation Field

Heavy Missile Launcher II

Medium Rocket Fuel Cache Partition II
Medium Hydraulic Bay Thrusters II

Caldari Navy Scourge Auto-Targeting Heavy Missile I x480

only requires cap implant, can tank 2090 ehp/s.
with a DCII you can tank 2300 ehp/s.
missile range over 200km.
costs 1.3B after I remove the missiles (which are very expensive ?)

also considering missiles

• burner takes 41.4% of kin DPS
  • cerb has 25% bonus so 51.75 % of kinetic missile DPS
  • burner takes 55.7% of explo DPS
    ie it’s bettter to go with nova.

ok I tested on sisi (a&fter 5 /booststandings !!!) and my FoF go straight at the inert proximity mines.

with a DCU I can definitely tank the talos when orbiting my depot+mtu.

Are you talking about the Team Burner against the Jaguar? If so, it functions as described here. What you won’t see on that page is that it has a chance of wrecking shots beyond its stated range due to the way missiles work. If using a kiting fit, it’s usually recommended to orbit at least 25km away. Otherwise, it’s like the rest of the team burners.

Oh well, it was an interesting idea. Saved me a trip to the test server.

That’s a good idea. I plugged it into Pyfa and it works really well. It loses a little EHP/s, but there’s plenty of buffer (plus you can always heat the hardeners if you somehow get in trouble). I’m not getting your EHP/s numbers even at All 5 skills though.

that’s because pyfa will spread your reactive armor . actually it will set it all to the lowest resist (thermal ? ) making both 95% resist.
I did the number with a second x-type armor hardener instead of the reactive.

Ah…I see what you’re saying. That’s a good tip. I’m still not getting your numbers but it does bump it up to almost 2900 EHP/s. I’m not using implants of course.

testing with three ships :

• the cerberus fit I gave with PRLML
  • two claymore fits with booster to web range, 2webs 2paint, HAM + 2 *rigor rig. also infiltrators.
  • the ashimmu fit I linked and which I don’t have the skills for (with a 10mn to force the dragonfly to go in straight line)

all are tested with all 5 no implant. the claymores need some web range implant to reach 18.5 km ^^

with sort range ammo, stats of dragonfly (don’t have the resist profile)

with long range ammo, stats of mantis

the ashimmu deals double the DPS to dragonfly, and +60% DPs from long range to double close range to the mantis, compared to the cerberus.

and that’s even without the drones (with the drones the difference is higher)

ie IF YOU CAN DIVIDE THE TIME BY 1.6 USING ASHIMMU

1 Like

I just finished a run of the Jaguar burner
you can “safely” stay at range of 22km off the jaguar, that way you should be hitting the Bursts without much problem with faction ammo.
Thing is, at mid shield the Bursts will repped more than my dps (I was hitting at +250) so I tried to dual-box the Garmurs and lost one, but one of the Bursts died. Next time I’ll try to use one Garmur and a cheap ship to see if I can sacrifice one ship to breach that wall.

try to jam one RR and kill the other one using mjolnir missiles.

I think I’ll replace the painter and see how it goes

I tested the ashimmu unfortunately I cannot break the dragonfly tank, however thanks to your tracking data I made a fit for the Muninn :

[Muninn, Burner Anomic Base]
Republic Fleet Gyrostabilizer
Centus X-Type Armor Kinetic Hardener
Centus X-Type Armor Explosive Hardener
Centum A-Type Medium Armor Repairer

Federation Navy Stasis Webifier

Dual 180mm AutoCannon II
Dual 180mm AutoCannon II
Dual 180mm AutoCannon II
Dual 180mm AutoCannon II
Dual 180mm AutoCannon II

Medium Auxiliary Nano Pump II
Medium Nanobot Accelerator II

Acolyte II x5

Republic Fleet EMP M x11875
Corelum A-Type 50 MN Microwarpdrive
Mobile Depot x1
Mobile Tractor Unit x1
It can destroy a dragonfly under 50 sec while the tank can take head on 2 dragonflies but I haven’t tested on the mantis as my SiSi client is bugged right now ( when I destroyed a dragonfly my webs were online while having the red aura of desactivation)
For the mantises, I assume I just need to refit the MWD (and scoop up the Depot) and pulse the MWD (Muninn has a base 90% EM resist for armor so I think the sig increase won’t be a big deal) for 1 or 2 cycles the time it needs to catch up the mantis (mantis only warp disrupt) and web the mantis lunch the drones and shoot it.
I will try it again when my client is fixed.

because you need a 10mn to force the dragonfly into a straight line. with T1M4 guns and multifreq it was easy, I’d say 40s for the first(should time it actually because you know, brain always remember the things optimisticly), the next one are easier because you are less webbed.

I have same issue on sisi, I made a bug report.

You should use 2w60 1p62 instead of 3w60, that gives better apply. forget it I thought of the huggin, which has both a bonus to web and to painter. but theDPS is meh.

It saved you a trip to the test server, but it cost me a trip. In the end, you just made me take that trip instead of you.
That makes me very angry that you talk about a fit and do not try it. I feel like you are just waiting for OTHER PEOPLE (i.e. me) to spend their time doing things you don’t like to do, and then sharing the data with you.
That’s a parasitic approach to common work. I started to test and give number on this thread because I see many people having ideas and will to test things - however this behaviour is the kind that makes me thing it’s not a good idea to share my work with people who don’t have respect.

shield resist of the dragonfly : 58 82 80.6 71

my painter are also stuck on after killing the rat.

GRRRR actually I was using painter on df while I needed dual web. #shame

37 72 70 55
Also it seems I was wrong with the signature, as with 2w60+1p41 I deal more damage than with 2w60 only
most likely the rounding was off, and the signature is actually 14.1m instead of 14.5
that’s because 2w60 I deal 412, 2w1p 438, 2w1p OL 438 too so max damage is 438, ie 412/438 is the ratio of his sig to my missile sig (because he is webbed below missile expl speed). pyfa says I have a 15m sig.

Then I did testing his DPS
crit with 70/50 resis in kine/explo was 223
crit with 90/50 was 196
ie 27 diff in damage when I divide by 3 => base crit kinetic is 27*5=135 ie base dmg 45
196 crit was 10% of kine +50% of explo ie explo = 365 crit. that is, 122 explosive damage
I made a timer and counter the miss and damage from the guns : rof is 0.5 (30 shot per one minute)

inferno rocket deal 120 damage every 3s

so one dragonfly DPS 40therm, 22.5 kine, 61 explo
sig radius 14.1, speed 1200, resistance 35/72/70/55

this means that the ashimmu actually deals as much DPS as the cerberus

now, the mantis.
with 1w, 1w+p, 1w+2p I deal same damage 374. ie the sig is > missile (12)
however with 1 OL w60 the inferno had a tiny bit more DPS ?

BTW if you stop the torpedo will remove your full shield (2500hp)

if I go with no rig, ie 18m explosion radiu, and web *2 the mantis, then I deal full DPS. ie sig >= 18m. I should try with CNLM and double web.

so far, res = 60/54/72/72
yes I did more dps with inferno than with mjolnir.