Burner Mission - Ship advice to solo them including fittings

Ah, nvm then. Saw Anderson talking about Claymore fits being tested, never tried to bring a command ship into a base myself (been using Deimoses for the Serpentis and Vigilants for the Angel and that’s about it as far as my participation in bases so far goes)… so just took their word for it. :wink:

If you could bring 'em, tho, Eos would likely do nice in a couple of sites.

I don’t have the skills for them. However I noticed that even with a 10mn the claymore is slower than the mantis, so it can’t catch them without OL.
I was thinking of the claymore because it has a bonus to web range with the command burst.

I took advantage of a GM passing by the Rookie chat to ask him about the payout of Guristas anomic agent and anomic base.
Here’s the result :

Apparently Guristas anomics are considered easier than other anomics by CCP…

Now if you have other questions about burners you can ask them on this channel, GM will be there for this week.

“guristas anomic missions are easier”. Well he should do the base before he speaks.

I think it’s more accurate to say that Guristas anomics are considered easier than other anomics by that particular GM - but that doesn’t necessarily reflect the broader view within CCP.

There’s often an assumption that everybody who works at CCP has a deep understanding of all aspects of the game, but that’s simply never true. The game is too big for that. It’s a small handful of GMs who work on the burners and have a deep level of understanding of them. The ones who do see the stats and they know the issues. They know that very few people are running Gurista Base missions, but making a balance pass or adjusting payouts is simply low on their priority list. Given the niche nature of Burner Base missions, taking time to even discuss the possibility of adjustments is low on their priority list.

Basically, I don’t think talking to rando GMs on Rookie chat is going to result in any useful information unless you stumble into one who actually works on this part of the game.

Yeah, but Chainsaw says it isn’t allowed through the gates, which is a pity. As I said, I’d love to use Eos on some… Eos, Sleipnir, Claymore… all would be fun in there with skirmish links.

Actually in his first post (which I sadly forgot to screencap) he said that he would look around for the answer to my question about guristas burners. I assumed that when he replied by saying “It is by design”, he found the answer among the competent GMs able to answer that question. So I generalized this view to CCP, sorry if I was in the wrong.

What about a really tanky huggin or rapier? Has web range bonus, painter bonus and some tech 2 resistances.

There’s a generic mission payout algorithm that should apply to every mission. Payouts go up if people turn it down, fail it, or take a long time to complete it. Payouts go down if people accept and complete it quickly. It’s possible that for whatever reason the guristas agent is the most completed anomic mission so it’s payout would be the lowest. Either that or so few people are doing it that the algorithm broke? Also it took a long time for the gurista base to get to max payout so a similar issue could have happened there.

Either that or CCP just gimps the payout on a random burner mission every 6 months or so to see if people will still do it. For a while I believe the blood base had the low payout for seemingly no reason.

but then you have no damage

If anyone can get significantly under 11 mins combat time solo on the mission I’d be surprised. That’s about where I got with my vigilant on sisi back when it was new. The video I posted was ~13 mins with a lot of mistakes but a successful run, and a lot of the videos I’ve seen out there haven’t even been successful runs.

Maybe with a Victor? Speaking of that anyone want to let me borrow one on sisi? and if someone has a 66% abyssal web that would be even more fun.

Joking aside I think if you doubled (tripled?) the bounty it might become a reasonable mission to run. It’s pretty much the hardest and longest base, but also the least rewarding. And/or remove a spawn or two, would give a bit more room for error. As it is I just recommend skipping it.

2 Likes

this.

rapier has 3.5 elaunchers, huginn has 6.25 eturrets.
cerberus has 9.375 elaunchers. and perfect apply. with turrets you won’t have perfect apply :
df has 355 evasion, with 2webs + painter it’s 355×0.4×(1−0.6×0.87)÷1.62 = 42evasion, huginn with 425mm rf emp +tracking enhancer has 46 tracking so it ± 40% applied DPS.
going dual 180 only reaches 61 tracking.
And you can only tank 3 df.
and then you don’t have the range for the mantis.

maybe ask @Jori_McKie. think he know some guys with a victor.

such a testrun would be interesting.

It initially was just a shiptoast, but now that I’ve looked at it in pyfa its more dps and has a bigger easily cap stable tank. That and with only 3 guns should be able to heat the guns far longer giving even more damage, plus there are 2 launcher slots free assuming RLML with precision?

I haven’t even mentioned the double web range with serpentis strength bonus! Okay that barely helps but it’s freaking nifty.

2 Likes

actually the double range helps a lot into catching the mantis.
It has 9 etturrets, I think 3 webs are enough to catch the DF(lol), with the bonus to falloff you can even go null and deal correct DPS. just need to switch from void to null.

test fit
[Victor, *Simulated Victor]
Corpum A-Type Medium Armor Repairer
Corpus X-Type Armor Explosive Hardener
Corpum B-Type Energized Adaptive Nano Membrane
Federation Navy Magnetic Field Stabilizer
Federation Navy Magnetic Field Stabilizer

Republic Fleet Large Cap Battery
Federation Navy Stasis Webifier
Corelum C-Type 10MN Afterburner

Heavy Neutron Blaster II
Heavy Neutron Blaster II
Heavy Neutron Blaster II

Medium Auxiliary Nano Pump II
Medium Nanobot Accelerator II

Void M x240

it can not tank 4 DF indefinitely.

double range only helps a little on the mantis wave, only need one or two cycles of a heated fed navy web to catch on the vigilant, and given you don’t need to heat the mids for anything else you have a lot of time for the mids to cool down, my most damaged mid was maybe at 50% and that was a bad run.

Also I still think rails are going to be better, 250s with short range ammo out damage blasters with null. By the time you get in close with blasters to use higher damage ammo you would have already killed it with rails.

and with 2 90% webs you can force 0 transversal, so it might be worth swapping the 3rd web to a TP for slightly better drone/rlml damage.

if yo can force 0 angular, then you don’t need TP.
indeed. well actually with 2 webs you make it go 2.2% of its speed, so 26 m/s ; I’m not sure you go fast enough with 10mn under the webs. But yeah painter is bettter to help rlml hit it.

Hey,
just popping up and wanted to say thanks to all the guys who are helping to keep this topic alive and updated. Reading this topic makes me nostalgic.
Keep up the good work.

And @Ploing you should hopp on discord and talk to me :smiley:

3 Likes

hey jori :heart_eyes:

will do it soon.

I saw some suggestions on Youtube that you could actually do these Team Burner missions with a cheap Kestrel and mediocre alpha skills. The whole idea being that you keep running away from the Burner to a point that the logi ships will fall behind in pursuit and won’t be able to support the Burner anymore. At that point it would only take 80 dps missile damage to break the shield in case of the Jaguar burner.
Is this tactic any valid?

1 Like

Blockquote

Update, I tested it and it turned out: Yes, you can. It’s surprisingly easy actually. Just set your Kestrel to keep at range 30km of the Burner, activate MWD and fire your light missiles at the first logi that’s following the Burner. It’s pretty hands-off really. The first logi will actually keep up with the Burner but the second logi will fall behind.

I completed it with a shitfit 6M Kestrel and a 1,7M SP alpha character, with mediocre fitting skills (couldn’t even fully fit the mids) and missile skills , with only lvl 3 Caldari frigate skills and a DPS of 80,7. The key is to be cap-stable and to have enough missile range (about 40 km) to hit the first logi that’s following the Burner.

[Kestrel, Burner Jaguar Alpha Kestrel]
Ballistic Control System II
Ballistic Control System II

5MN Quad LiF Restrained Microwarpdrive
Missile Guidance Computer I
Missile Guidance Computer I

Arbalest Compact Light Missile Launcher

Small Bay Loading Accelerator I
Small Warhead Calefaction Catalyst I

Caldari Navy Scourge Light Missile x2000
Missile Range Script x2
Missile Precision Script x2

3 Likes

This must have changed recently, I was unable to break the logi’s tank with 96dps on the burner jag mission. The second Logi kept up the whole time.