Burner Mission - Ship advice to solo them including fittings

hoo yeah I remember this one.

The correct values of the agents are found on the esi

As I recall the buffs were all to repair amounts for Agent Burner Frigates and Angel Cartel Base Frigates only (something like +50% but Iā€™m not certain) and are not covered in Chruker. The rest of the info provided (scramble/webbing range & strength, orbit, speed, sig radius, attack range, resistances, energy drain, info on non-frigates, etcā€¦) still remains valid and useful for your needs.

If you come up with anything new and interesting let us know.

What is ESI?

https://esi.evetech.net/ui/#/Universe/get_universe_types_type_id

example for the burner sentinel : https://esi.evetech.net/latest/universe/types/35646/?datasource=tranquility&language=en-us

Iā€™m a fan of trying to do these with just T2 modules. Nergal gave me an opportunity to finally do Serpentis.

Here is a T2 Nergal fit that worked for me.

It getā€™s around 240 EHP/sec which is enough to tank the incoming 264 from the Daredevil, and once the Disintegrator has ramped up, itā€™s easily enough DPS to kill. The Afterburner is just to reduce incoming damage a bit, and Painter is used to get a bit more DPS instead of Web because Stasis Webifier II only has a 10k range and the Daredevil sits just out of range of a T2 web at around 11k. Baryon Exotic Plasma S is keep range > 11k. This is a very cap intensive fit.

Set orbit 8k just to keep moving, OH repairers until reactive armor hardener reaches 30/30 thermal/kinetic, which shouldnā€™t take long. OH DPS.

Takes about 2mins. My skills were all L4 except the required ones (Small Precursor Weapon, Precursor Frigate).

[Nergal, Serpentis Daredevil]

Light Entropic Disintegrator II, Baryon Exotic Plasma S
[Empty High slot]

Small Capacitor Booster II, Navy Cap Booster 400
1MN Afterburner II
Target Painter II

Entropic Radiation Sink II
Small Armor Repairer II
Reactive Armor Hardener
Small Armor Repairer II

Small Anti-Kinetic Pump II
Small Anti-Kinetic Pump II

Navy Cap Booster 400 x20
Baryon Exotic Plasma S x1000

Garth

if you can, fit a nos in the high

Unfortunately thereā€™s no T2 NOS with enough range to get out to the 10+ km that the Daredevil sits at.

Garth

how much do you think the nergal will cost ?

He is challenging himself to do it with only t2 moduleā€™s hence the none bling nos :]:

Hi everyone,

I need some help with the Burner Talos Serpentis Base, i am using the following fit:

[Deimos, Burner Talos - Deimos cap stable Alternative]
Core B-Type Armor Thermal Hardener
Federation Navy Magnetic Field Stabilizer
Damage Control II
Corpum B-Type Medium Armor Repairer

Corelum B-Type 50MN Microwarpdrive
True Sansha Cap Recharger
Cap Recharger II
Phased Scoped Target Painter

Heavy Neutron Blaster II, Void M

Medium Capacitor Control Circuit II
Medium Nanobot Accelerator II

Valkyrie II x5

I have very hard time doing this mission consistantly without either breaking my tank and be forced to warp out, or simply losing my ship. Of course i managed to complete it several time, but i can never do it consistantly, and iā€™ve already lost 3 ships there .

So i warp in , activate tank mods and MWD, make my way to the Talos on the right with an angle aproach, trying to ā€œzig-zagā€, at 60km i orbit at 5000km and turn off MWD at 20km, and thats where it become incosistant, either i reach the 5000m orbit and everything fine, then repeat, either i start taking huge amount of dmg at around 10-15km forcing me either to escape the aproach or simply to lose my ship.

What am i doing wrong or missing there?

The guide explains a procedure where you align at 5000m and slow boat to 1500m aligned, tried it twice, and almost lost the ship twice, so what am i missing here?

Thank you for your help

Too much offense/too little defense.

[Deimos, 3BurnrTalo]
Corelum B-Type Energized Thermal Membrane
Centum B-Type Energized Kinetic Membrane
Corelum B-Type Energized Thermal Membrane
Medium Armor Repairer II
Medium Armor Repairer II
Damage Control II

Cap Recharger II
Cap Recharger II
Cap Recharger II
Shadow Serpentis 50MN Microwarpdrive

Heavy Neutron Blaster II
Heavy Neutron Blaster II
Heavy Neutron Blaster II
Heavy Neutron Blaster II
Heavy Neutron Blaster II

Medium Auxiliary Nano Pump II
Medium Anti-Thermal Pump II

Valkyrie I x5

Void M x2000

1 - Zig/zag through mines (I go left) using MWD

2 - Set to keep Burner at 5000m when clear of mines. Turn off MWD when you are within 14km of Burner. When velocity drops to zero on approach change to keep at 1000m.

3 - Melt face.

4 - Repeat

Try it on the test server first.

Good Luck

Your DC is completely useless. Use x-type kinetic + thermal hardener.

Painter is useless. They are big BC, you are precise HAC, you will touch them as well without the painter.

Also you rather use your drones to attract fire. Launch them, ask them to keep orbiting you, soon the rats will start aggroing them. Remember the rats often switch aggro (every 1 min?) so when you are target from one or two rats you can tank (and keep at range) but as soon as the three target you, you MUST keep a good direction to not be shot.
use warriors not valkyries, as they have a better evasion(speed/sig) so they will be one shot less often. The damage from drones is irrelevant, they are meat shields

1b fit
[Deimos, double rep medium cap battery]
Core X-Type Armor Thermal Hardener
Magnetic Field Stabilizer II
Centus X-Type Armor Kinetic Hardener
Centum C-Type Medium Armor Repairer
Centum C-Type Medium Armor Repairer

Corelum C-Type 50MN Microwarpdrive
Republic Fleet Medium Cap Battery
Cap Recharger II

Heavy Neutron Blaster II
Heavy Neutron Blaster II
Heavy Neutron Blaster II
Heavy Neutron Blaster II
Heavy Neutron Blaster II

Medium Polycarbon Engine Housing II
Medium Ancillary Current Router II

Warrior I x10

Void M x800
  • 2 normal magstabs are enough. definitely. Most of the time is spent traveling.
  • each rat deals 413 kin + 413 thermal DPS. a 88.3% th, 94.15% kin res fit takes 72.4 HP/s at max. The fit can tank 140 HP/s so once one talos is dead you are safe
  • the fit is cap stable with either MWD on or guns on (not with bot)

If you are still afraid to misuse the ship, you can remove another magstab for an EANM :

same, did not check the prices
[Deimos, base serpentis OMFGWTFISTHIS?]
Core X-Type Armor Thermal Hardener
Imperial Navy Energized Adaptive Nano Membrane
True Sansha Medium Armor Repairer
True Sansha Medium Armor Repairer

Cap Recharger II
Cap Recharger II

Heavy Neutron Blaster II
Heavy Neutron Blaster II
Heavy Neutron Blaster II
Heavy Neutron Blaster II
Heavy Neutron Blaster II

Warrior I x10

Void M x800

With 91.16% th and 95.58% kin res, you take 54.7 HP/s from each talos, while you rep 151.8.
If you die with this fit, this means you made some huge mistakes, like being still with MWD on

With the polycarbon rig you are faster(1970->2100 m/s), you get to cruise speed faster, you orbit more closely, you align faster from gate (6->5s), so basically you take less damage, you get faster to the rats.

1 Like

ok I optimised (reduced) the cost a tiny bit.

<900M
[Deimos, *base serpentis OMFGWTFISTHIS?]
Centus X-Type Armor Thermal Hardener
'Greaves' Medium Armor Repairer I

Gistum C-Type 50MN Microwarpdrive
Cap Recharger II
Cap Recharger II

Heavy Neutron Blaster II
Heavy Neutron Blaster II
Heavy Neutron Blaster II
Heavy Neutron Blaster II
Heavy Neutron Blaster II

Warrior I x10

Void M x800

and if you are a complete wet pussy who does not know how to click in space (but still manages to activate his rep and hardener) this fit can tank the whole 3talos, still, and without moving at all. however if you manage to trigger the sentries Iā€™m not sure

carebear
[Deimos, base serpentis for pussies]
Imperial Navy Energized Adaptive Nano Membrane

Gistum C-Type 50MN Microwarpdrive
Cap Recharger II
Cap Recharger II

Heavy Neutron Blaster II
Heavy Neutron Blaster II
Heavy Neutron Blaster II
Heavy Neutron Blaster II
Heavy Neutron Blaster II

Warrior I x10

Void M x800

Thank you both @J_Connrad and @Anderson_Geten for your answers. So i went to try those fits on test server.

@J_Connrad tried your fit, advantage is its cheap (under 400m) but 2 heavy drawbacks for me are the relative low speed (around 1900m/s) and the low dps . But it works, you were right my fit needed more tank. Your fit make it easier to complete , cap management is easy due to the high recharge rate even if its not stable, but it takes more time to finish the mission.

@Anderson_Geten I tried the 1b fit, great speed, good dps, and the tank is as expected enough to make it almost easy to complete.

Didnt chrono the runs, did 3 runs for each fit, all i can say is that the 1b fit is significantly faster to complete and the tank feels better, less stress. So for completion seek the cheaper one will do the job, but for blitzing the 1b fit is the way to go for me.

Thank you for your help

@Zymadis you can try the 900M and carebear fits too. They both are even better on the tank. The carebear fit can be downgraded the hardners to use less expensive ones if you want (it overreps the three taloses)

Once you are used to proper movement, using drones, you can try to use less tanky, but faster fits.

I do those rats with a 800M fit that goes 2800 m/s but one mistake and I go poof. I canā€™t even tank one talos. Still my completion time is below 10min on a 1-jump mission (including undocking, traveling, kiling the rats and coming back to get ther eward from the agent)

@Anderson_Geten the 900m fits yields 20% less dps, i dont know how it projects in time completion but for 100m difference i would go for the 20% more dps, and for the carebear fit, its even lower 30% less dps, so even if the tank is better, it seems like overkill to me, your 1b fit was already very confortable so i guess i will make it my go to, so thank you.

I tried the caldari one once and died horribly. It was embarrassing. But then, pve isnā€™t that interesting to me.

@Zymadis

the DPS is not very important in this mission, as long as you have enough to kill the rats.

Once you are at ease with the deimos, you can try (on sisi) another fit.

700M vagabond
[Vagabond, *base serpentis]
Domination Overdrive Injector
Gyrostabilizer II
Damage Control II
Power Diagnostic System II
Power Diagnostic System II

50MN Y-T8 Compact Microwarpdrive
Pith X-Type Large Shield Booster
Pith X-Type Kinetic Deflection Field
Thukker Large Cap Battery

425mm AutoCannon II
425mm AutoCannon II
[Empty High slot]
425mm AutoCannon II
425mm AutoCannon II
425mm AutoCannon II

Medium Capacitor Control Circuit II
Medium Anti-Thermal Screen Reinforcer II

Hobgoblin II x5

Hail M x4793

This fit can only tank ONE talos, but itā€™s sheer speed makes it able to go throught the mission like a breeze.
Once you are at ease with this fit (you should be fast), you can remove the DC and use an additional gyro instead.

Be warned though : ONE mistake and you go poof. if all the rats switch to you and you donā€™t manually set your trajectory, you may take one wrecking hit while another rat can track you, and thus end up dying horribly.
Once the first burner is dead, you are almost safe however (very unlikely the rats will both shoot at you with good tracking when your drones are out)

I tell you that because I already lost one on TQ, after doing some perfectly fine. Although at this time, setting orbit on your ship made it move in awkward ways (literally making it full stop)

Also you may use a ADC on the vagabond. An ADC allows you to facetank the first talos, without moving, and then reset your trajectory while it dies.

BTW it lacks a tractor in the high, and the drones are bad : you need warriors I

@Anderson_Geten
I will give it a try and see how it goes, but the low margin of error makes it a risky investment. But the vagabond is a fast beast an i like it.

you must learn the site in the deimos first, and then you know what to do and what not to do.

once you want to play with ā€œfast beastā€, and you can afford a 1b interesting one, you can try this

2980 m/s, 1B
Overdrive Injector System II
Gyrostabilizer II
Shadow Serpentis Assault Damage Control
Caldari Navy Power Diagnostic System

425mm AutoCannon II
425mm AutoCannon II
Small Tractor Beam II
425mm AutoCannon II
425mm AutoCannon II
425mm AutoCannon II

Medium Anti-Thermal Screen Reinforcer II

Warrior I x5

Hail M x4793

you can also replace the guns with storyline ones, this removes pwr use, instead of one power diag in the lows you can use a gyro, in effect you have same DPS, and replace the thukker with a rf cap battery, reducing the cost a little bit. the 10mn cap stability is more than enough, also your MWD wonā€™t be on all the time.

I just met you
Overdrive Injector System II
Gyrostabilizer II
Shadow Serpentis Assault Damage Control

425mm AutoCannon II