Burner Mission - Ship advice to solo them including fittings

got it yesterday and no issues. used the succubus.

RIP Solo burners

RESISTANCE MODULES

The biggest change coming in this update is a 20% reduction in the power of all modules that increase shield or armor resistances. That means energized plating, armor coating, armor hardeners, shield hardeners and shield resistance amps. This will lead to a drop across the board in effective hit points, but the more slots a ship has devoted to resists, the more important the change becomes. There is excitement here about this approach because not only does it lower Capital survivability, it also diminishes the overall power of logistics and will make modules focused on speed and damage a more attractive option. The hope is to see bloodier fights, less stalemates, and a huge cross-sectional shift in the fitting meta. This kind of shake up rewards those that adapt quickly, so get to theory crafting!

Alongside this update to resistance module power, tiericide for shield and armor resist modules is also underway, which you may have noticed beginning to appear on the Singularity test server. The tiericide adjustments are very small in scale and much more focused on sensible naming and organization of the modules in these groups, but you can expect the 20% reduction to be applied after the stats currently in place on Singularity for modules are affected by tiericide changes.

1 Like

I donā€™t think this kills single character burner running by itself, at least I hope so. Cheaper fittings will have to upgrade to deadspace reps and higher end fits will either get even more expensive or become less effective.

Looking at pyfa, I get similar numbers to what I have now on the Daredevil with unheated T1 hardeners (2.5% less than where heated T2/meta 5 hardeners will be) and deadspace rep instead of T2. If my math doesnā€™t check out, Iā€™ll have to look for other income sources.

Edit: 15% buff to T2 short range ammo is also significant, Iā€™m not too pessimistic about this patch for now.

Edit 2: I got around to testing a few fits on Singularity

Angel Agent vs. Unified Daredevil cheap alternative - The fit, in fact, still works without any modifications at all. Sure itā€™s a bit on the rough side and youā€™ll most likely burn out your armor modules, but all you need is to hold for a minute. First run I burnt my rep with hull intact, but second one was a close call with like 40% hull remaining. I still need to run a few more to determine if thereā€™s an attrition factor, but Singularity is lagging too much for me right now. In the meanwhile, a simple upgrade to Dark Blood or True Sansha rep should keep you in the clear, but even those got a bit more expensive in the last few days.

Too much incoming damage for the fit to stay cheap. Iā€™m working with cheap hardeners on the expensive fit right now and that seems to be going better.

Conclusion: Buffed, same fit. Although Iā€™m sure the rearclench from the DPS race outweighs the 15-20 seconds faster completion time. Obsolete.

Sansha Agent vs. Unified Daredevil cheap alternative - I warped in, overheated my modules, activated them and stood there for about 40 seconds before I realized that I was in fact, standing. Having wasted quite a bit of heat and cap boosters, I had to approach the Succubus with a cold AB and had a bit of a rough time until I could sit in range, but the fight didnā€™t last longer than 33 seconds from there. Little bit of hull bleed due to my clumsiness, but to my surprise, no burnt out modules. Sansha has never been a particularly hard one anyway.

Conclusion: Buffed, same fit. EZPZ

Blood Agent vs. Wolf cap stable alternative - Tank holds. Previously Iā€™d usually end up unloading the whole clip and then some. I managed to complete this one with 27 charges remaining (previous record was 14). A little bit of transversal matching may be needed. Overall Iā€™m happy that the mission no longer takes like 5 minutes to complete. Itā€™s a bit of a depressing one really.

Conclusion: Buffed, same fit, thank god. Hail probably surpasses RF Fusion for good after the patch. #MoreHailNoFail

Serpentis Base vs. Enyo Hecate - I have taken this opportunity to test a Hecate fit I came up with as a middle ground between Enyo and Deimos. I believe I have completed it somewhat comfortably in a tailored fit, but need to do a few more to make sure that itā€™s a viable alternative. The ping is definitely not of any help. In any case, this mission probably benefits from the buffs the most.

I donā€™t do the other bases and agents so I canā€™t speak for them, but in general I can say that the only things that rest in peace due to this update are burner NPCs really. So much that Iā€™m kinda afraid CCP might go too hard on the eventual nerfbat.

1 Like

Iā€™ve seen hateless streaming pretty recently so I assume it should still work. Thatā€™s a high skill know what you are doing fit , more than one small mistake and you likely lose your ship. Probably want to try a rep fit or a succubus fit

donā€™t think so, just requires going shiny on tank and/or paying a bit more attention to heat most of my fits were over tanked

yep, 15% to void damage is going to be great, if any of the burners turn into HP races that should help you win.

2 Likes

i have not tried the agent missions yet, but burner ashimuu and angel base were ok with pimped fits

but now the vigilant loses a lot of explosion resist. After the rep, it more than double the damage I take.

i run a 2 expl resist and a type rep setup, tanks well.

Heated ?

A quick test of the burner missions and whether theyā€™re still doable with new resists:

Burner Frigs
Dram - No, unsurprisingly. Even with OH repper, your survival is measured in seconds (3-4 hits)
Cruor - Yes. No apparent difference
Daredevil (using Nergal) - Yes, closer than it used to be, and required previously unneeded rep/resist OH
Succubus - Yes, again with previously unneeded repper OH
Worm (using Garmur) - Yes. No apparent difference

Team Burner
Kite these, so nothing to see here

Base Burners
Ashimuu (using Drekevac) - Yes. No apparent difference
Talos (using Deimos) - Yes. No apparent difference
4 Drams - Yes, again required previously unneeded repper OH, but still fairly straightforward
Wyvern - Who cares?

6 Likes

UPDATE:

Burner Dram is possible with a second Centus X-type Explosive Hardener, but itā€™s a close-run thing, especially for cap and the danger of burn out with three OH hardeners.

1 Like

which fit are you using for the dram?

thereā€™s a no rep shield buffer fit, look up a few posts someone recently posted it and afaik resist rigs didnā€™t get changed and with the void buff it should have got a net buff. should be keep range turn on modules collect loot

Iā€™m using the original armor tanked Daredevil, which I now have no reason to abandon .

I got a feeling that current dev command donā€™t know about burners,frigates etc, they are sure that after latest patches all eve flight in lowsec on brawl ships :frowning:

2 Likes

just lost my Gila to ashimuu, would no longer target drones, all DPS stayed on GILA.

was already the case before. I did several missions where the three ennemies would not look on my drones, so much more tank is needed.

yes, for first kill. pretty much need to heat to limit.

I have the same problem with Ashimmu but the opposite way.

I donā€™t know what is happening, but from time to time (depending on the mission), ashimmu burner will literally insta lock my drones. His tracking is too good, and 3-4 shots the drone during their travel to reach him. In the mission description it only describes this behaviour for the sentinels :

"They also sport extremely effective tracking disruptors and have been seen supporting their leader by destroying any hostile drones they see. "

When this occurs, I can 100% juggle with my drones and the ashimmu will do ZERO damage to my ship, trying to target the drones when they get out/in. I can do it for 10 minutes, it keeps trying to target drones. Unfortunately my missile damage is not enough to break is tank.

I would like to know if it is an intended behaviour ? It is so inconsistent. When it happens, the missions takes me around 40 min, and I waste like 20-30 drones on him.
Other times, when only sentinels focus drones, everything goes well.

I am thiking about dodging this mission nowā€¦
Anyone can confirm anything ?

RE: Angel Dramiel Burner

Hateless Gamingā€™s cheap shield buffer fit works fine after the nerf (as expected).

Probably even a bit better due to the Void buff.

Just lost a 300m isk daredevil very well tanked to the dramiel burner.
I blame myself ofc not the damn nerfsā€¦ But damn! Didnā€™t expect that dramiel to cut through me like hot knife in butter.
( I used to run all burners pretty easily )

Ended with around 5% hull remaining. Luckily there was a corp mate that warped to me and aggroed for a while. So we took it down together.
After that I sold my gila used for that mission. Letā€™s see if something better pops up.