Burner Mission - Ship advice to solo them including fittings

I suspect that that’s why they nerfed it (generically, not you personally).

Yeah. Agree.

I stopped using daredevils for the dramiel burner about a year ago, switched to 10mn retributions. Land on grid, align (to a celestial if doing it for the first few times) web dram, heat AB for 2 cycles, force feed it conflag when angular gets below <.01 — gatling pulse brrrrtpew. Still works fine after the resist nerf.

Shield buffer DD is probably faster, safer, and less SP intensive, but hey.

I don’t use PYFA these days, so I can’t create a fit that will work for ya’ll sorry. I run Geno’s and this works for me:

[Retribution, Simulated Retribution Fitting]
Small Abyssal Armor Repairer
True Sansha Energized Adaptive Nano Membrane
‘Refuge’ Adaptive Nano Plating I
Abyssal Heat Sink
Abyssal Heat Sink

10MN Abyssal Afterburner
Abyssal Stasis Webifier

Gatling Pulse Laser II
Gatling Pulse Laser II
[Empty High slot]
Gatling Pulse Laser II
Gatling Pulse Laser II

Small Auxiliary Nano Pump II
Small Polycarbon Engine Housing II

Scorch S x4
Nanite Repair Paste x128
Conflagration S x12
Imperial Navy Multifrequency S x4
Assault Damage Control II x1
Inertial Stabilizers II x3
‘Halcyon’ Core Equalizer I x2

Abyssal rolls are:
10mn Compact
T2 SAR
T2 sinks
T2 web (62-63% ish)

just a reminder that the succubus works well too on angel dram after patch

Was using Cerberus buffer/ancillary RLML for Burner Ashimmu but tried it after the nerf and it’s now super tight: I got into hull during reload, which is a bit too close for me.

I switched to an autocannon Vagabond (active shield tank, cap stable) and it seems to work far better. Maybe a bit slower (8min vs 6min 30sec), but it can be done half asleep as there is almost no risk of dying.

Garth

I have a somewhat expensive Drekevac fit that uses the Ashimmu like a toilet, and, with a few changes, solos Emerging Conduits. If you or anyone else is interested, I’ll log into my other computer to share it.

1 Like

AI drone targeting has always been inconsistent. I do remember burning through quite a few medium drones every time when I used a Gila, especially after they nerfed it.

With the fit I use now, my light drones are rarely targeted, usually only if they attack before I do,.

Hi, please share it

okay so double rep vigilant holds fine vs base angel. Two reps for the two first burner, one rep for the two last.

double rep drekavac holds … meh against base blood, but still able to finish it under 6 min (from landing to looting the last can). Reached 25% armor. I tried without drones, with drones it would just be easier.

For Angel Dramiel: Shield buffer Daredevil or cheap armor rep Daredevil these days? Shield buffer mega dps seems ezpz?

yeah would be better I guess. armor fit needs to OH at least one hardener and guns, while not having any magstab.

Killed it consistently on sisi without issue, without any risk of burning a module (dies in same time as before because void got buffed). The good thing is that the armor fit can last as long as you don’t burn your hardener, and can even kill it with guns cold (sometimes the burner is too far so OH may be not so good)

[Drekavac, Simulated Drekavac Fitting]
Energized Adaptive Nano Membrane II
Corpum A-Type Medium Armor Repairer
Corelum B-Type Energized Adaptive Nano Membrane
Shadow Serpentis Power Diagnostic System
Corelum B-Type Energized Adaptive Nano Membrane
Corpum A-Type Medium Armor Repairer
Entropic Radiation Sink II

Republic Fleet Large Cap Battery
Federation Navy Stasis Webifier
Federation Navy Stasis Webifier

Veles Heavy Entropic Disintegrator
Salvager I
Skirmish Command Burst II

Medium Capacitor Control Circuit I
Medium Capacitor Control Circuit II
Medium Capacitor Control Circuit II

Hobgoblin II x15
Salvage Drone I x5

Occult M x5000
Mystic M x5000

So reading through all the posts since Surgical Strike, are any of the original guide fits still valid or does everything need more bling / a more effective hull?

Depends. Some do just fine, some cheap fits no longer work. On the other hand, some more expensive fits can be made cheaper thanks to the DPS buff. It takes a bit of tinkering around. The team burners are unaffected of course.

Anyone having a problem with the nergal against Serp and blood agent?

Tank is most definately NOT stable. OH’d rep and resist still almost died, had to take in second account to kill the burner…

EDIT: for serp agent i added a imperial navy EANM instead of one DMG Mod, now tanks with overheated resist.

EDIT 2: For blood agent, replaced a web with a Thukker small cap battery and added a imperial navy cap injector, now its quite comfortable on cap

The only necessary change that I found was swapping in an additional explosive hardener for the burner Dramiel. A few just needed a little more overheating, and everything else was no change at all.

Aside from the LP store, is there a reason many people (still) run burners in Lanngisi?

Lower Sec status means more mission pay. And Lanngisi has the minimal HighSec-Sec status (0,5) and it wont send you into LowSec (none next to it) and it has a great LP shop.

1 Like

Hey all,

Does anyone have a burner ashimuu fit that can run it comfortably?

Yes, this is what I’ve been using since the resist nerf. I was using Cerb XLASB before, but it was cutting it really close each time.

[Vagabond, Blood base]

Damage Control II
Gyrostabilizer II
Tracking Enhancer II
Tracking Enhancer II
Gyrostabilizer II

Pith X-Type Large Shield Booster
Adaptive Invulnerability Shield Hardener II

220mm Vulcan AutoCannon II, Republic Fleet Phased Plasma M
220mm Vulcan AutoCannon II, Republic Fleet Phased Plasma M