Burner Mission - Ship advice to solo them including fittings

when did that happen? pretty sure it’s always gone ~1200m/s and that’s what I remember it doing the other night, and what EVE - Entity: Burner Jaguar says.

its weird, since yesterday suddenly the logi is always near 28 - 29 km range …

I usually use Mjolnir Javelin Rockets for that one with the garmur. Javelin ammo have a ton of extra range, as yea 28-29km is right on the edge of faction ammo range. Otherwise sometimes you just have to stay in orbit a while to let them settle into range if you want to use faction ammo, it’s just inconstant enough I never really liked using faction there. Then swap to scourge faction to kill the jag itself.

1 Like

26km with double range scripted guidances with lIV in range skill (can’t remember which). It shows 27 ig but that is the falloff of missiles, the optimal is lower.

I remove the apply rig and put a targeting range rig, this wait orbit @25km on jaguar is good (I can target rats from warpin, this incidentally reduces the time to complete the site)

I get 28km with all 5 skills, 2 t2 range rigs, and 2 compact guidance computers. With t2 guidance computers the simulation says 29km, but that requires going faction on the BCUs and that’s expensive (or dropping a BCU and losing dps)

Javelin goes 42km with those stats.

no targeting issue ?

I think it’s 35km with max skills orbiting at ~26km they don’t get out of range.

My skills aren’t maxed so I can technically only shoot out to 27km with T2 guidance computers shooting faction rockets, so that’s the distance I fight the Jaguar at (since I never get wrecking shots at that distance). Since he’s constantly attempting to close range, I seem to be able to hit him out to about 29km. But, like Chainsaw, I always use Mjolnir Javelin to shoot the logi because that seems faster than waiting for them to get close enough.

Your rockets have a max duration of x.y seconds.
Actually a part of them will only have x seconds, the other part x+1.

eg my mjolnir rockets have 2.1s and 13203 m/s
→ they will all travel 2*13=26.4 km. a part of them will go up to 39.6 (actually one out of 10). Well that’s the theory, I noticed than around 27km the damage goes down slightly (by 1 damage per shot), which means, maybe the damage scales down.

My point is, the range is more than shown, however the optimal range is lower

I’d previously heard that missiles have a percentage chance of going farther than the speed/duration formula calls for, but your post motivated me to dig around to fully understand the math. I think I’ve got it now. Makes me want to run some experiments to see how range impacts DPS at the outer fringes - I previously didn’t think it was a factor at all.

I have a question. The blood base (ashimmu ) is said on http://games.chruker.dk/eve_online/item.php?type_id=35646 to deal 90 dps explosive.

However on the various guides I found, it says no explosive damage. Which is it ?

The Sentinels do deal explosive and kinetic (at least I’ve never seen a reason to doubt the chruker data). However, you usually target them first and they go down so quickly that most people tank exclusively against the much greater EM and thermal damage of the Ashimmu.

2 Likes

There are two different npcs in the blood base, the sentinels do exp/kinetic, and the ashimmu does em/therm. Most setups mainly tank em/therm as it is the higher damage type that pretty much always hits you. And kills the sentinels quickly so they don’t worry about them too much. Plus explosive/kinetic are the two highest shield resists naturally. With the Gila I can usually kill them around 40-50% shield (I forget exactly plus can be a bit random depending on aggro). and then get into peak recharge range with only em/thermal damage hitting me.

yeah but on the guides they consider it is 0 explosive DPS, which is false.
according to chrukker the dps taken is 260/100/150/180
for a naked Gila that means 208/64/72/72 dps removed from shield.
So yes, plugging the em is good but pluggin the explo/kinetic also allows you to reduce the damage taken more than pluggin the thermal - however most fits rely on rigging therm.

I mean, in that case even a purger should be better than a thermal rig ?

However, yes it makes sense that killing the sentinels fast make it possible to tank mostly vs ashimmu.

not sure what guide you are referring to, but sounds wrong. Should tell you what kind of ammo the Sents are using in the mission description, and from there you can look up the damage profile.

and yea looking at PyFa even vs the ashimmu having a third t2 purger tanks more than the thermal rig. Maybe it’s worth swapping, but I haven’t had an issue with it so I don’t know that I care enough to swap the rig. If you are buying a new ship for it, then it’s probably worth getting 3 t2 purgers.

Now that you’ve mentioned it I don’t think I’ve ever seen a reference to Chruker’s in this guide - which is a pity because it’s full of useful Burner NPC stats and methods of operation: http://games.chruker.dk/eve_online/npc_ships.php?supergroup=25&return_to=

Also has a useful mission database: http://games.chruker.dk/eve_online/mission.php

It’s not complete, but still very helpful.

Edit: Probably out of date in some cases after recent NPC defensive buffs.

actually, not.
The npcs were not buffed, they were fixed, to the value they should have.

though it seems the agent angel is doing more damage than shown in chrukker.

“Fixed”. After 3 YEARS. Without even bothering to mention it to anyone. Way to toe the company line.

what was your point ?

You’re giving CCP way too much credit. After 3 years, it ceases to be a “fix” and becomes a buff. A buff done, I might add, in the most d-bag way possible. Quit making excuses for them.