Can't Enjoy the Game

No Im on about PVP only , its all I do on my main. Talic is a Old bloke that like to roam about in space, sometimes even in the right direction, :slight_smile:

OP is kind of like a person who joins a gym membership for a year and then rarely shows up.
Well, his money and CCP canā€™t complain about the wear and tear on the server.
He should try ED in solo mode, although even there, there are hostile rats in the belts.

I agree with you , If they turn up once in a blue moon and things are slightly different, then fair enough, But when you have spent years spending all those skill points on something that you want as a profession, (which has cost you a lot of real money) then within a month or two the rules have changed then you have the right to be pissed off. its like spending 3 years learning to walk and paying for the privilege, then all of a sudden gravity is upside down, And ccp has done this again and again with the premise its making the game better (which is rubbish) most people I Know say the game was way way better 7 years ago before CCP started screwing with the rules. Why do you think the player base has not grown , in fact its shrinking on a daily basis, not due to boredom or lack of things to do , but due to the rules change on a monthly basis.

Citation neededā€¦

1 Like

https://eve-offline.net/

Obviously The stay at home virus numbers sway the results, but you can see the trend.

So in your opinion, keeping a game stagnant, and not making changes that shake things up, is a good thing?

Playing games isnā€™t supposed to be like going to your barber, to get the same cut youā€™ve been getting for the past 20 years. Games are supposed to offer new and exciting experiences, otherwise thereā€™s no reason to play them. This isnā€™t even an opinion; the entire concept of ā€œentertainmentā€ is predicated on this in general.

2 Likes

Not in a 0.8ā€¦

In belts anyway.

:open_mouth: :grimacing: dangā€¦

Absolutely not , Things in real life change on a daily basis which keeps us all on our toes, This is how it should be in eve things should evolve and change according to external circumstances. but CCP changes the Rules of everything at a whim, rather than a gentle change relying on human interaction they think they know better which is why people leave. Real life involves adaptation, and change, but you donā€™t lose your legs and grow a tail, because you need to swim better you either learn to swim better or drown, And thatā€™s where CCP Screws up, there changes are so abrupt and divisive it make the community or at least part of it not want to bother.

Citation needed

2 Likes

Lol , Play for 17 Years.

I call ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– .

1 Like

They have to think that they know better because they are the developers and owners of the product. I see player entitlement as a much bigger issue that sudden, extreme changes.

Why does a change have to be gentle? This isnā€™t a knitting club thatā€™s deciding to move its weekly get-together to a different time slot, and needs to choose one that will be as palatable for everyone as possible. This is a game about war, politics, ruthless industrialism, treachery, etc. etc. This game is basically Game of Thrones in space. How many times were characters given an opportunity to gently adapt to change in that show? How exactly do people picture invasions happening, in their minds? Do they think the invading force sends a single guy along with a transmission of ā€œokay guys, weā€™re going to throw Johhny at you, heā€™s a little slow, but can still swing a stick pretty well - if you guys do alright, we can send another guy in, after giving you some time to rebuild your sand castleā€?

No, man. This is a game where you shoot ā– ā– ā– ā– . A Starving Triglavian Malarkey ought to appear in your corporationā€™s break room, shoot your director in the head to make an example, and tell everyone else that theyā€™re now part of his stable of bitches. Thatā€™s how you make a game about space wars. Not by toe-dipping some pansy-ass 5% incremental ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– .

2 Likes

Unel may be worth a visit.

But plenty of people have adapted to them.

And those people are only to happy to see those that wont, stop.

Sorry good point but No , Its not a knitting club (they are ruthless btw) but most of us old ones have very cool jumpers. (or sweaters in America). This is a game about *war, politics, ruthless industrialism, treachery, yes but originaly this game was about a simulation of real life in space and all the drama that went with it. Unfortunatly ccp has pushed an agenda that a lot of people disagree with , due to either lots of moaning or, loud mouths, rather than there original promise. You Quote game of a thrones as a similarity, and how did that end, from the best reviews I have seen (ā– ā– ā– ā– ) is a understatement. I agree this game has the Ruthlessness down to a tee, but in doing so they have lost hundred of thousands of players that dont want that sort of virtual life.

love articulate conversations.

1 Like

@Hewolf I have put a 10billion isk contract to have this sad sack of a player endlessly ganked.

They didnā€™t ā€œloseā€ anyone; they never made a game for those people to begin with.

This is the greatest perpetuated fallacy in the history of EVE debates: that by changing this game to suit the general population, CCP could bring in more players and grow their business. But thatā€™s fundamentally not the goal when someone decides to create a niche product. The question isnā€™t what we should change to make EVE have ten million players, but whether or not we should should change anything to make EVE have ten million players.

2 Likes

10 bill really , good call