Capsuleer Corruption: Calling Out the Enemies of Humanity

That still doesn’t make supporting them right. It doesn’t make any of the bullshittery about supporting one group forcibly laying claim to someone else’s home right. It doesn’t matter if it’s the Trigs, the Fed, or the Empire. If the Trigs wanted to claim territory in K-space, there’s plenty of low-population space they could have taken in null.

2 Likes

Which raises one point and one question.

Null space is such a loose term now, with alliance forming their own territories, so that’'s no better.

And what do the Triglavians want with populated space?

See, answers are easy, it’s the right questions that are hard.

1 Like

I mean, there are plenty of null-sec systems that have higher total populations than several their target systems, many of fhem not even a well-defended as empire systems and yet. They haven’t targeted any of them, there has to be a reason for fhat right? I wish to discover that reason.

1 Like

Null space is not a loose term. Null space is the space CONCORD does not recognize as held by one of the empires, and so accords a security status of 0.0.

Some of it held by baseliner organizations CONCORD and the empires call ‘pirates’—Sansha’s Nation, the Guristas, the Angel Cartel, the Serpentis, Blood Raiders, and so on. Some of it is held by ‘questionable’ baseliner orgs CONCORD does not formally label as pirates, like Mordu’s Legion or the Servant Sisters of EVE. And some of it is held by capsuleer organizations whom CONCORD recognizes as ‘sovereign’ in exchange for monthly rental fees.

All of it is ‘null space’. It is not a loose term at all.

As for alliances forming their own territories, yes, they do. However, those alliances are, nearly to a man, already on a near-constant war footing, with much heavier firepower than the empires have used in the fighting so far. And yes, I have seen the tiny little groups of dreadnoughts that the empires have used in prior escalations. Even the smallest null alliances can field far more. The empires have the firepower… they’re just not using it, and I have no sane explanation for their blatant failure to use appropriate force—which is to say, disproportionately excessive force sufficient to obliterate the invaders.

At the same time, baseliner populations in null are minimal, even in systems with temperate worlds. I won’t say those temperate populations are lower than the numbers in systems like Raravoss, but they are minimal for their planetary categories.

In short, if the Trigs wanted to take space in New Eden, they should’ve come and picked on someone who’ll fight back instead of kicking the little kid in the helmet.

2 Likes

Trusting a foreign entity we know little about more than the Empires is Naive and reckless

1 Like

Well, the empires and CONCORD have given me reasons not to trust them, that being said, the Trigs haven’t given me a reason to trust them, so…

Don’t talk semnatics with me. My space is not yours to give away to your enemy.

“Null Sec” as you put it, currently has far more unity, it seems, than your safe little world of Concord space.

I’d say we know a lot less about them.

Well, little miss Native Fresh Foods, maybe you should take a moment to get the first damned clue who the hell you’re talking to about exactly whose space I’m talking about.

5 Likes

I’m Ushra Khan, little mis wannbe tough, but then I don;t expect you to keep up.

But don’t worry, you might make a real Minmitar one day. I’m not sure what’s sadder, the fact that you looked me up or the fact that you took offense to what I said.

Last I checked, Minmitar where above a little trolling.

Some people have suggested the idea that the Triglavians are in danger or something, and that by squashing their star harvesting operations, we might be endangering Triglavian orphans or some other such banal argument.

So, let’s entertain that notion for a moment, that the Triglavian civilisation is in peril, and is dying out there in the Abyss, and that only through seizing New Eden systems, they can survive. Well. They could bleeding well have communicated that predicament to New Eden, and CONCORD et. al. would have been amicable to doing something about it - take the Drone Regions for example, nobody lives there, and it’s full of Rogue Drone wigglies. CONCORD could easily have allocated one of the Drone Regions for Triglavian refugees. And most of New Eden would have been fine with that. Except maybe for a bunch of disgruntled capsuleers. But capsuleers are always disgruntled. I don’t think you can even enter the pod while gruntled. Anyway, I digress.

The point is, that if this war has started due to a misunderstanding then it is not yet beyond the point at which a solution could be found. But that solution requires the Triglavians to stop speaking in such damn riddles all the bleeding time, and communicate what in the 9 circles of hell they actually want. Instead of saying things like “Ancient Enemy Azdaja”. Who ? What ?

You know what, let’s not derail. I’ve moved this to Off-topic, because it is.

2 Likes

Horde is not “Nobody”
Edit: with that said, I am sure if they communicated, they could work something out with out leadership.

Awww, you really went out of your way to look me up.

I feel honored. I feel even more honored that my comments cut you deeper than an artery cut. I’ll remember that.

A 35 minute old member of the Ushra Khan hit more than a nerve.

They’d be the disgruntled capsuleers I’m talking about in my scenario.

I’m meaning that the planets in the drone regions are practically uninhabited, especially compared to those in the more central systems. There might be a few mining towns or whatever, but hardly any megalopolis regions like Caille or Dam-Torsad.

1 Like

Well, since the Trigs already said they didn’t like the Nation, why not help them move into Stain?

1 Like

Probably because there is more to that relationship than meets the eye.

There really isn’t :

The majority of the Triglavians we come into contact with are in the form of “Troika”, a threefold entity where a human (Narodnya) is joined by a Navka and a Koshoi - both other forms of life present within the collective, ones that aren’t human-bodied - in a trinity presumably attained through the use of certain entangled implants.

Nation’s slave implants are heavily suspected to have a base in old Jove tech - and if the Collective’s people utilize anything similar enough to those to allow interference, it’s immediately a profound threat to them.

The HFN2 datastreams describes Nation “corrupting” the Narodnya of a Troika after boarding their vessel, and the Navka and Koschoi agree to self destruct, majority rules.

Other HFN datastreams describe the assembly of a NEW Troika, one specifically put together to unflinchingly eliminate all traces of Nation’s perverse influence and threat - the threat posed by Nation is elevated even above the Drifters, as Nation is the only group the Convocation of Triglav refused to grant Zorya permission to “winnow discourses” for, instead agreeing that Sansha is too much of a threat to be given ANY quarter.

Tangentially, an invasion just commenced in Promised Land today…

3 Likes

I know you said you wanted to keep it a secret but I want you to feel supported in this. I have some baby boy clothes dropped off for you in Ichoriya.

4 Likes