Capsuleer Corruption: Calling Out the Enemies of Humanity

Honestly this list is more of a badge of honour than a mark of shame.

We’re all arguing in Triglav Fleet Headquarters over who’s on the list.

And so far, combined CONCORD attacks on capsuleer ships has resulted in more civilians and crews dying than any other race combined. If you want to accuse inhumanity, look no further than EDENCOM.

@Diana_Kim I have personally witnessed at least one member of your alliance, Templis CALSF, attacking EDENCOM forces and supporting the Triglavians, in a carrier no less (Nyx or Thanatos, can’t remember exactly). This took place in the system of Abha. Unfortunately I never recorded the name of the capsuleer in question.

And?
I don’t have representative power in our alliance, you shall report it to the respected authority within our alliance, not me.

With the same success you could approach a baseline soldier fighting in a trench on one planet and report her about soldier from an allied squad in a different system on a different planet and in a different trench has committed an act of maraudering.

Yes, it’s bad, but what do you expect ME to do with it?.. :woman_facepalming:

@Diana_Kim Thanks for the advice, I know very little about the Caldari militia hierarchy as you can see.

1 Like

First: No, we have not ‘scoured the whole damned galaxy’. New Eden is a single cluster of stars only a hundred light years across. A typical mid-sized galaxy is over 100,000 light years across. In addition, our ability to even access all of the stars in our immediate cluser is… negligible. We have access to fewer than 10,000 systems, because stargates only function at locations of very specific properties in binary star systems. Each system we have access to has a stellar partner, presumably with a planetary disk of its own, that we can’t even get near. So, ‘we’ve scoured the whole damned galaxy’ is kind of like if you to the head and take a piss, then insist you’ve ‘flooded the whole damned world’.

Second, I could build a drone that’s humanoid and able to speak our language. Hell, we spew out petabytes of a hundred different languages and translation algorithms every second through computer networks the Trigs have demonstrate they’ve compromised.

Then, consider fedo. Fedo are not the same biology we are. Cats, pigs, birds, all the critters we can eat are definitely ‘like us’ at a genetic level. Fedo ain’t. Trigs could be critters from that spectrum who’ve just been ‘away’ for a very long time. We don’t know. The odds of a convergent body plan are low, sure, but the possibility that something else is behind the Trigs? That the encounter suits we’re seeing aren’t actually them, just vessels they stuff awareness into? That’s extremely feasible.

Hell, the only reason we’re still humanoid is inertia. There’s no reason capsuleers need to retain a humanoid body. If the empires wanted to be more efficient, they could just mass produce copied infomorphs shoved into duplicated brain they’ve hardwired into pods.

Really, your analysis of their ‘likely’ humanity is… laughable, at best.

3 Likes

Becoming Drifters is the key to efficiency then? :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I didn’t say it’s preferable, only more efficient.

Following policies set forth by the CRC Communications Policy, a message has been removed from this thread for being Out of Character.

Thank you,

~Alexandre Arthie

Alexandre Arthie,
Directive Enforcement Department
CONCORD Assembly

1 Like

Well it’s not like they’re the first capsulers to align themselves to a cause they have no knowledge about. Some of us still remember the Curse Alliance.

Or, perhaps, those folks aren’t enemies of humanity - they are allies of humanity (however loosely defined the term), and those who support the Big Four are working to the detriment of it?

How in the blue hell is helping the side that’s harvesting people and entire stars allies of humanity?

Forget about CONCORD and the empires for a second! Just because CONCORD and the empires do wrong doesn’t mean it’s suddenly a good idea to help the Triglavians. Lack of concern for human life is one of their biggest sins. “CONCORD is bad so I’m going to help invaders harvest civilians and destroy entire solar systems” makes no sense.

5 Likes

Why would they deserve the right to be conveniently “forgotten” all the sudden?

So that they can be bailed out of another mess, pat “brave capsuleers” on the back, then move forward – leading us straight into yet another situation like this? Glide through the crisis on a belief that “this time surely things will change”?

“Stay your might, be loyal. You would not want to hurt the people!”

Is the duty of those who are stronger to sacrifice themselves for the weak, in the name of those who got them into this mess – all because “tomorrow will surely be better” and “we can handle it”?

Or is it simply a wait to coerce us – because if we, in the end, do not do it for the governments of the Four – we will do it for “our” people?

1 Like

Yes. Why even have strength if you don’t use it to make this miserable ■■■■■■■ cluster better for people?

3 Likes

I havent seen any reports of them harvesting people. the closest ive seen is them abducting people to see if they can survive in an environment similar to their home. I dont see this as malicious, i see this as trying to limit unnecessary deaths

I think you snipped a bit of my quote there, dear. But I will indulge: to do whatever I want. It’s not a miserable cluster - it’s a vast, rich, near-bottomless ocean of opportunity and life and resources.

1 Like

Just for clarification, are you denoting people as “enemies of humanity” specifically for actions aiding the Trigs only or for indirect support as well?

Frankly I believe more in the ethos of EDENCOM rather than… Whatever the Trigs have in store for us. However I fear our own capsuleer brethren more so than them and thus plan on continuing my defense of our people against your own. I have faith in our ability to overcome this threat, I don’t have faith in leaving our back yard open to those of our ranks who would wish them harm.

So, should I expect to find myself on that list? I have no interest in stopping you and your own from that goal and only wish you the best with regards to it, but trust is a rare commodity and I don’t spare it when defending our republic.

I should really take up a trade in hands.

Yes. Hands.

There’s going to be plenty in demand after this lot have wrung the ■■■■ out of theirs.

1 Like

I do not blame you for fighting the Empire where it recklessly continues to encroach on Republic worlds while the Triglavians are attacking. That will not get you on this list. If you notice, several members of the 24th Imperial Crusade are on that list.

Since this new phase of the invasion, I was personally involved in fighting the Triglavians for the longest amount of time in the system of Aldik, in Metropolis. I was aiding the Republic. If you also notice, I left the crusade around the time the Floseswin invasion started.

I understand that there are many different important issues in the cluster that haven’t gone away with the Triglavian invasions. On certain other issues you and I may disagree, but the only thing that’ll draw my ire in this context and get you on that list is purposefully aiding the Triglavians to harvest systems in any empire.

2 Likes

Oh I won’t be helping the Trigs anytime soon, believe me when I say that. And honestly I was unaware you had left the crusade. Thanks for your work in Aldik. Those who make that list won’t be in my fleets. Like I said on trust, I have little and that would definately be a red flag to me.

1 Like

Yes. That’s why we’ve been successful: because we make the effort to take care of our less capable people, so they can continue to contribute in their own ways. And even at our most crass and self-serving, we don’t do it in the name of those who got us into any mess. We do it because that is how we ensure that we, not some other group who will do what we will not, benefit from their industry.

Ok, can’t help it, this made me laugh. Not your fault.

3 Likes

Standings are set before war target for me, what can I say?