CCP Hilmar, CCP Falcon, and CCP Goodfella reveal their plans for an Eve Era of CHAOS in this new interview!

I’ll be curious to see the economic reports for the next two months and see where any changes in mining and manufacturing occur. It’ll be funny if delve doesn’t change at all and everyone else suffers.

No Eve got stagnant about 10 years ago before the summer of rage, when CCP was using all of the cash from EvE to start working on other games, this is where it started to go south.
Seagull was brought in to try and turn things around but then made the mistake of listening to the CSM and here we are.

2 Likes

when designers are telling you how to play their game, that’s when you stop calling it a “sandbox”.

10 Likes

Answer me this CCP…why are you trying to force PVP? what you are doing is not going to increase your paying playerbase so Why?

4 Likes

Because theres no need to force PvE?

Also

No one is “forcing” you to do anything.

3 Likes

sadly actually they are forcing pvp on everyone with these changes they want a player driven markets and everything…that means industry players and miners and so on .
what they are doing here is trying to force industry players into pvp…when most of them will just quit first over this BS. what happens to your player markets when there is noone supplying them?
so just why are you trying to force pvp on the segment of the game that does not play the game to pvp what kind of rpk stoopids are you?

5 Likes

Uh… we’ve always had that

1 Like

Yes, I know that. :stuck_out_tongue:

I did not picked up anything on dscan, nor did the map show any pilots in space in the last 30 minutes at that time. In the Local On EVE you at least saw some people in some systems. Now it’s just depressing how empty everything is. And how CCP says it’s not.

I wasted an hour of flying around not getting anything to see. An hour that I should have better spent in Witcher 3 than EVE.

2 Likes

Oh come on its not that bad

Yup, that’s it exactly.

4 Likes

To me, what this does is that it removes the whole Fozzy idea and basically puts us back to pre-fozzy days

1 Like

That goes without saying. I’m sure the null blocs are going to be camping out at CCPs offices over finite resources.
At least they will be camping something since the end of free and easy intel.

3 Likes

As an unintended benefit, I hear the station rest rooms in null are cleaner from lack of use…

1 Like

I noticed that as well. But it is a bit discomforting and the eerie screeching of stall doors and the weird water behavior on the sinks doesn’t help.

2 Likes

CCP Falcon sez: HTFU

CCP Hilmar & Goodfella sez: Chaos is upon us.

1 Like

Your summary is completely different from what was actually said and its extremely biased towards nullbears, people should rather listen to the audio as you are quoting them out of context to change the meaning towards your bias view.

1 Like

TLDR
Hilmar wants the inhabitants of the ‘purple’ donut to have to take drougs to cope with the stress while he keeps mining in highsec.
Im thoroughly disgusted by this attitude.

Also i really wonder why it doesn’t seem to be an issue that LowSec is a complete waste of space but NullSec, the most active area, now ‘needs’ to be turned and twisted to ‘fix’ the game.

My view is that Nullsec and Wormholes both least need fixing.
Null is where your alliance has space superiority - taking this away from someone should only work with a matching force and by all out war.
Making changes that make it easyer to infiltrate sov space and get away with it only makes it easyer for the people supposedly most seeking the challange and frustrates the people wo are here for building sandcastles wich everyone needs because without those people there wouldn’t be sandcastles to kick over.
A BLOPS Leshak would be nice to augment Black Ops groups ability to kill Carriers. That would the kind of buff for whaling i’d appreciate but the Triglavian ships in general are already pretty sweet.

Changing Highsec wardecs is nice for highsec people i guess? I don’t deal with highsec so don’t have much of an opinion about it.

The one that really needs shaking up is LowSec. It’s laughable to run over Nullsec while most of LowSec is a barren wasteland.
Ban Caps from LowSec while allowing bubbles and bombs, also get rid of gateguns in the lower end sec status systems and now it’s an interesting place to go for PVP without facing the cap umbrella of an organisation a thousand times larger than your gang.

2 Likes

Actually you should lose null space by not using it. Failing to mine and rat shoul dweaken the hold on a system until it is no longer owned by anyone or is someone else starts to mine and rat it that should lead to sov changes as well. The battles to take it then ignore it should be a thing of the past.

4 Likes

I agree with that but when does stuff like this happen? When sandcastle builders can’t feel safe enough to undock.
It’s simple enough.
Cloaky campers are more at fault for there being such a thing as delve than Goons themselves are.

1 Like

EVE is a full-time PvP sandbox (https://web.ccpgamescdn.com/communityassets/pdf/EVE-Online-New-Pilot-FAQ.pdf, page 22) and nullsec is supposed to be a high-risk, high-reward everything-goes PvP area. It’s not supposed to be your personal PvE farm heaven.

8 Likes