CCP lost out on my $500 for PLEX

logibro should not have been let go…seems everyone is falling to the fozzie world order… shamefull

ccp im spending less than 500 bucks on you this month… just cause… im mad like this guy.

Oh come on you’re trying to be offended.

Also, I would like to point out this CCP Fozzie bashing is not funny. Not even remotely. Every blog, every decision he has been part was in full support of the development teams, and the whole of EVE Production and Game Design of which I am part of. And don’t twist my words, I’m not saying he made mistakes here.

Hey sure, we sometime do screw-ups and things sometimes go wrong. We’re not perfect, and with EVE being a very complex game it sure doesn’t help. Hell, I’ve been at CCP since 2006 and I’ve seen CCP Nozh, Zulupark or even Greyscale unfairly turned into scapegoats by the community while I’ve made more horrible mistakes and have never been blamed for them, like creating an infinite money printing loop for Factional Warfare.

You guys seem to bash anyone that touches Sovereignty or capitals. We know you guys care about your pixel spaceships, we get it. The care of the EVE community is what makes the game special in the first place. But seriously, bluntly, this ■■■■ has to stop, because it can be seriously destructive to people working in the game industry.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Eve/comments/47j11z/goodbye_foxfour_scarpia_and_ytterbium/d0dc351/?context=3

2 Likes

no I disagree, he’s caused nothing but total destruction and forced game play which has ended this era of having a sandbox… sorry bruh… but you wrong there…

Maybe CCP Fozzie should be let go or demoted because he has started a new Regime there and he hogs the majority of speaking time at meetings and public CCP events.

1 Like

I like how people just assume that because Fozzie made the post about something, it’s literally his idea and nobody else was involved. That’s the most stupid part of this community. Trying to pin blame for stuff on individuals while we literally know they all work as part of teams. If we at least bitching about team five 0 or something maybe it would make some sense but that would be too hard for so many people.

1 Like

I did not say it offends me but that I think it is disgusting, which is an opinion, one I think most decent humans share if they just think about it for a minute.

Sorry if that tiggered everyone.

P.S. You should all check your privileges.

1 Like

Eve Online can always exist in whatever it’s current state is with a dozen or less people… mostly server janitors.

However.

I agree, development direction has been ridiculously incoherent and infinitely unwanted over the last few years. They break what isn’t broken constantly. There are dozens of things that are in a state of limbo. Is it still in the game? Is it in the game yet? When? The 6 month cadence was Eve at its best. You could grasp everything and you had months to prepare to absorb planned changes and adapt.

They tease few things that players actually want and say… Soon…

Layoffs are typically the result of poor management mixed with incompetence.

I’m just glad the latest iteration of the VR fad is finally meeting its predictable fate… although I’m sure some idiot will overhype it AGAIN within 5-10 years and ignore the last 5 times it came and died.

1 Like

Great Post! Couldn’t have said it better myself. Well written and I gave you a +1. I hope more people see your post!

STOP adding so much content in A HARDCORE SANDBOX GAME. This is Eve, not Acitvision World of Warcraft or League of Legends. Freaking lower greedy CEO pay and amount of staff. You only need a dozen people and janitors to run this game.

So they made it in the most dramatic way, burn whatever amount of money before realizing own fiasco and now saying - “yeah we gonna focus back on Eve”. Sorry guys we know the Thanksgiving and X-mass is coming and you might not get the job in time but we wish you the best.
Lame decision of the lame management. I guess its pretty much scandinavic way.

Watch the body language at the table. He’s the one put forward to speak because he’s one of the few people there comfortable speaking and dealing with people. Being at least an introvert if not having actively poor social skills aren’t uncommon traits in tech in general and game dev specifically.

Fozzie’s been one of the people put forward to talk to, and take flak from, the community basically as long as he’s been with CCP.

This is just hilariously ignorant… you don’t even know what he’s actually responsible for, yet you disagree. What xD

Check out CCP’s financial disclosures for last year. They haven’t actually burned that much on VR, especially compared to a lot of companies.

Also the community reaction to Valkyrie has been pretty big. It started as a spare time for-fun thing and it only got funded because the Eve community collectively went “OMG WANT!” and then didn’t actually buy it…

Also stereotyping this as a Scandinavian thing. What??? This is 100% pure game dev, and not even a bad set of decisions considering the previous and current state of VR and the industry, which probably included Oculus funding some amount of CCP’s VR development since Valkyrie was a major release for them.

If focusing more on EVE means more crapy looking skins i’m not for it,I’m not against skins ingame I’d just
like them to have more details and look better some of the curent ones are just awful.
But we had the ‘we’ll focus on EVE more’’ line fed to us a couple times in past years so I don;t have high hopes on that.

1 Like

Just let me guess when they realized that VR is “one way” ticket? And make an easy decision to fire 100 peeps out of 370. You bet. The financial disclosures is only what company ok to share with you since you are not shareholder. If 100 people spent not that many on VR project that hair confirm that CCP didn’t invest enough to make a break through?
Again they can make some saving plans for such a mass of staff an make those help to focus on Eve. There are also more than 2 Devs kicked who were not part of VR thing.

a lot of people that were fired weren’t even working on vr, a lot seem to be community developers. also I looked up the price of a oculus rift headset and its 600 to have tv screens strapped to your head

Wait… What did i miss? Any details of this “OMG WANT”? :thinking:

I have no idea where you got 370 employees. Just 30 seconds on Wikipedia gives 600 and that’s from 2009. I at least vaguely recall various CCP spokespeople casually mentioning over 400 just in the Iceland office.

As for “not enough to breakthrough” take half a look at the entire VR space right now and you’ll see how ridiculous that statement is. VR was the hot new thing that no one spent any money on the last three years. The entire market segment for VR games is estimated to be only a little over 10 million devices and that’s across all platforms. Plus the whole industry is acting like sales haven’t been meeting targets and Oculus wasn’t even at E3.

Sure maybe VR will be super profitable in another 5 years, but right now? Nope, and CCP is smart not to be sinking a huge amount of money into it, they’re not a huge company with effectively bottomless cash reserves like Facebook, Blizzard, or Sony.

Also no idea where you got the 2-devs thing there, if you can link a source please do, though what you’re implying with that I couldn’t guess. Companies fire people, or people leave companies, for all sorts of reasons. Vague implications that this somehow means something is wrong are just ridiculous.

Look at the forums for the last several years, or the comments on every Eve Valkyrie gameplay preview or trailer for the last several years?

CCP wasted 20-something million on R&D for world of darkness. who knows how much they’ll try to hide how much they spent of our money on Valkerie… honestly it really seems like they enjoyed the profits off plex sales and went wild with it billing hours on hours into a project which would never have a shelf-life like eve online.

perhaps ccp got their vegas bill and was slapped with reality that things get expensive and isk cant buy chit in the real world… so they laid them off to pay their bills.

Yea. They laid off people from their VR department. Hardly anything to do with eve really. But whatever snowflake

Yeah, this one is getting closed.

Please don’t rant on the forums, it’s against the rules.

1 Like