CCP Please IMPROVE drone management

Hi,

So this is specifically a fix suggestion for:

• Naming of drone groups
    It’s a hassle to repeatedly set up a names list manually whenever the games cache gets wiped, which seems to happen regularly when using Windows.

Please can the naming system be improved so that it’s automatic. This is such a basic request and the feature should have been improved over 10 years ago.

New Drones are ungrouped, so you have to group them…it just needs sorting out/changing so that it’s more user friendly please.

4 Likes

Tip to solve the issue for now: backup your settings files regularly in another folder or just a 7z/zip/rar/whatever archive and restore the files back into the settings folder when they got wiped.

3 Likes

I’m a gamer, not a programmer.

1 Like

If you can’t do a simple backup your not a gamer, just a monkey with a keyboard

9 Likes

What he suggested wasnt programming it was friendly advise on how to backup your eve data. With your attitude perhaps everyone should just ignore you, like i will after this.

8 Likes

I literally cannot believe that a literal copy paste is considered programming by today’s players. What’s next pressing F1 AND F2 during a null fight under 10% TIDI while orbiting FC is considered programming?

4 Likes

Ah, brings back memories of copy-pasting diablo2 characters onto disk so you could play your char on any computer.

2 Likes

testing

Because I shouldn’t be expected to do that. Playing the game should be enough.

2 Likes

Testing what?

Our patience with their nonsense.

4 Likes

One is asking for the drone control panel to be modified and the other is a discussion/argument about drone skilling.

2 very separate topics.

2 Likes

No, you’re not.

3 Likes

Can it be saved on the server like a ship or container n ames? Probably.
It is quite strange that it is saved locally. I see a ‘legacy coding’ image coming soon… :slight_smile:

There is a workaround by copying the files mentioned, it is a problem when playing from a cyberpub. But you could save on usb stick or google drive.

1 Like

Well, yeah, were just F1 monkeys.

7 Likes

I would adore a drone overhaul. New animated models, better AI governing them, better UI. I was hoping it would come along with some story-related event involving Rogue Drones. Blood-stained Stars was teasing more drone stuff in the future and named Rogue Drone factions appeared along with Abyssal Deadspace. Still keeping my hopes up.

2 Likes

I’d like to propose an equally important topic that’s been on my mind and which is really probably more important.

Specifically, I’d like my drones to come with unique names, so that I can get to know them and their personalities better.

I feel like it will really en-deepen the experience of flying elite vessels like the gila.

Mo

8 Likes

What happens when they die.

Are you going to hold a funeral? Post picture of your drones?

I can’t believw you would even ask me that.

Your cold heart…

1 Like