CCP rise - we could balance abyssal mods by adjusting stats on base modules

Yep, if that happens we are basically, grinding more, paying more, going through a ■■■■ ton more hassle obtaining and theory crafting fits just to be exactly where we are now.

What a mess

Because you transform a still mostly skill based game into a game where outcome depends mostly on ISK and luck, and willing to grind.

2 Likes

Eve is becoming to simple its killing the game

eve is becoming more complicated its killing the game

:roll_eyes:

eve is already that way… pay more get more bonuses want to get that drop you have to grind more and my god this game is full of luck. everything from where you land from exiting warp, if that falcon lands its jam, the wrecking blow that saves your ass

Changing module base stats to accomodate plasmutids should be out of the question.

Shouldnt be even off-handedly considered, except so as to forget it.

1 Like

Extra complication and needless grind for no real gain is pointless wouldn’t you say ? Or don’t you like QoL improvements such as skill queue, fitting window, saving fits, everything for sale on the market etc etc

why? if everyone is using the mutagen mods and only one of those mods is exhibiting a problem it would be the most reasonable course of action

yes good thing its not for “no real gain”

You did it again.

Everyone shouldn’t have to be using them as standard, if they are, what is the ■■■■■■■ point of them?

Funny that you mention ECM … it’s the most hated mechanic in PvP, but I think you don’t get why.

2 Likes

the fact that they won’t all be the same adding further variety to the game and even more variables in player encounters

because of player perception… and its far from “the most hated” anyone who has looked into it is well aware that for anything other than GTFO its the weakest E-war

Whole thing is so half-baked and stinks of Player NS profit on so many levels.

1 Like

You know Rise has been quite vocal about disliking ECM right ?

I’ve said this a lot, but I’ll say it again!

I think the problem is not that ECM is too powerful. I actually prefer to use damage drones over ECM drones almost always and I’m not even flying in bigger fleets where ECM drones get worse. The problem is just that the mechanic is punishing for both the victim and the perpetrator. The combination of chance-based success along with a very harsh binary effect makes it miserable for both sides

Oh look, because is chance based… well I never

2 Likes

If everybody have to use mutagen mod to compensate, why do we need that expansion? We just switching what we have now into new upgraded ones with power creep (web ranges for example). This is good for gameplay how? It’s just money grab.

3 Likes

You think people will be using the garbage mods for variety ? That’s just adorable

5 Likes

yeah we should just change turrets to run on missile application. and ensure every wreck always drops the same salvage

oh wait because its not as simple as RNG being the problem rather the frustration (a philological effect) produced by the binary nature of the RNG.

… see this is part of that imagination getting away from you.

there will not be just one all powerful variation

some fits you are just a bit tight on cap but don’t really need all that extra speed. sometimes all you need is CPU maybe you’re more interested in a further sig reduction

It’s the EA-fication of EVE we saw coming when they hired Sean Decker in 2013(?). Nobody wanted to believe us :wink:

2 Likes

how exactly is it a money grab? if you want that look at the plex cost creep of skins. if they were looking for a money grab this is a ■■■■ way to go about it…