CCP should seriously consider removing Local from Null

WH already dont have Local.

Dont hear them whining about lack of it.

I disagree.

The supported operation (with huge numbers of rorqs or supers doing their thing under and umbrella of pvp protection) won’t change much.

But the solo carrier ratters? Many are going to switch to VNI’s or other less juicy hot-drop targets. The solo porpoise plus 4 mining alt fleets? Those guys will probably switch to ratting. The guys who are running a single VNI… if they start losing them they’ll go back to mission running. DED site running? Not worth the risk with the current price you can sell the loot for if you’re losing 1.5b isk ships while doing them.

It’s not going to go away. But the solo activity will decrease significantly. And the solo guys are who hunters are generally trying to catch.

You don’t hear them whining… but there are two things you aren’t considering.

1. You can’t drop in WH’s.
  2. Most people don’t play in wormholes… presumably because they don’t like it.

Think about what you just said.

Solo
Carrier
PvE

I understand what I said. People doing stupid crap like that are what hunters live for.

Hunting is already dead in most of NS.

When is the last time you heard a solo player wrecking a solo carrier PvE ratter?

A) You also cant import a cap.
B) Most people are in HS.

Solo hunter? Of course they won’t target a carrier. Solo hunting is pretty dead in NS, but it’s mainly due to the fact defenders always assume a solo player is a dropper and contest them with enough ships where a true solo player has no shot… or hide with a carrier even though the player is solo because they assume he’ll drop 20 ships on them.

But solo carriers get dropped on in null sec all the time. Those carriers won’t be there without local. The assumption of safety is what gives them the confidence to risk a carrier without backup.

Oh, they will be.

Either with support, or not.

Do not underestimate greed.

Or they will rat in something else, which is fine.
Perhaps they will then deploy their carriers to fleet fights instead.

You can’t? I look at Zkill for yesterday and see Naglifars, Nidhoggurs and Ninazu’s killed in J-space.

Those are built locally in WHs, almost without exception.

It is very difficult to introduce a cap to j-space from k-space, especially to a specific WH.

This is foolish even now.

Removing Local just makes that risk more real, as it should be.

Ratting in NS developed space should not be a given assurance.
Dont fly what you cant afford to lose should apply everywhere.

Well… looking at the kills from Dec 3rd… I see a Naglifar and 2 Phoenixes on a Naglifar kill mail, a Naglifar on two other Naglifar kill mails, 2 Phoenixes on a Ninazu kill mail, on Naglifar lost to all sub-caps (with NPC help) and a Revelation lost to NPC’s only. All in wormhole space. No idea if yesterday was typical… but of 6 capital losses in wormholes, 4 had another capital ship on the kill mail.

They seem to get around enough to fight each other.

As I said, they are j-space built, almost exclusively.
Those killboards are testimony to j-space conflicts of rare magnitude and expense.

It it nigh impossible to find a route for a k-space built cap to reach a specific WH.

None of this is relevant to topic though, except to say it is extremely rare that a j-space built cap will ever enter k-space, let alone into NS where it will remain isolated without support, nor a k-space built cap entering j-space and surviving there.

In both cases they are, almost without exception, doomed.

NS doesnt have to worry about caps from j-space. It will almost never happen, and if it does, its a sitting duck for you to feast upon.

oh oh oh can we get rid of local in low and high sec next!!! please, lets ot know anyone else is in system past 15 au and no longer talk to anyone that isn’t in out little “corp” and eve can be truly a solo players paradise until which someone lands on grid.

also necro

I’m not sure why where the cap is built matters. What matters is getting capitals and supers dropped on you… and how that can’t happen in wormholes.

No local… combined with cynos… combined with cloaks… creates a problem.

You can use a carrier both in WH’s and in Null Sec.

In WH’s you cannot be dropped… but have no local. YOu still are in danger of someone using covops cloaks to scram you while a fleet warps in on you… but the number of capitals that might be coming is small (as you’ve pointed out) and the chance of supers is 0. There is still danger, but if it’s cloaked it’s a smaller ship than yours and if it’s uncloaked you’ll see it coming through D-scan.

In Null you have local which lets you know when other players are in system. The flip side is that a small, unassuming ship which seems like no threat may drop caps and supers on your head. If you take local away… NS becomes ridiculously more dangerous than wormholes. Because you have the same stealthy gameplay combined with the ability to light both covert ops and regular cynos.

I think you’re very mistaken if you think people will continue to solo carrier rat with that kind of threat. The available targets will change from blingy carriers (which make great KM’s when they are caught) to VNI’s (which don’t). I don’t see how that makes the game better for anyone… hunters or PVE players.

Removing Local from NS need not come without other changes alongside.

1. Imo, D-Scan should detect cloaked ships, everywhere.
  2. Jumping to a Cyno, need not be instantaneous. Ive never understood why it is,

Then short/small Sov owners can run VNIs, and deep/large Sov owners can run carriers at their core, or VNIs at their periphery.

Or, VNI could be nerfed.

Lets be real, the incidence of bling carriers getting wrecked is already nigh non-existent except for idiots. That is thanks to Local, not despite of it.

I would like to see local chat become an option for Observatories or an IHUB upgrade.

This is my proposal:

Remove local from Nullsec, replace it with a structure that allows local to be shown in only the system where the structure is anchored. Make the structure very high EHP and function like POS guns (Structure disables once EHP = 0).

• Forces defending force to undock for once and actually rep the structure.
  • Provides content for everyone involved.
  • Balances the ■■■■■■■■ carebear mechanics that CCP keeps adding to the game
  • redefines Intel strategies in Nullsec

Um isn’t it fundamentally different because it doesn’t have local :thinking: