CCP: what plans do you have for tags? Aren't prices going to skyrocket?

yeah maybe i should train a alt to fly a impel
but i really don’t want to do it
my sec status drains slowly , especially after CCP changed some things in FW (neutrals became suspect wen they enter complexes )
but it drains , you have to shot neutrals in the wild , there is no scape

i always hauled my own stuff and eventually paid 100 million 150 million in the concord station so i can visit trade hubs

reading this topic it appears everyone is trilled to farm tags because they will be expensive

■■■■ that

maybe I’m one of a kind

at least change to no sec status penalty for shooting neutrals in low sec, because they may shot you , and the game , who is shooting first is idiotic

them they ask why there is bitter vets , because CCP and the carebers keep ■■■■■■■ the game

I’m not a ganker but I’m so pissed i will start to kill any MOFO miner i see

I’m so sick and tired of this ■■■■■■■ people

2 Likes

That’s gonna be tough since they only drop in low sec.

1 Like

You sound so mad at poor Greedo!

1 Like

I have a feeling this is going to hurt the success of this patch, which is the main reason I’m bringing it up. Nobody is going to want to play -10 and not be able to dock and if tags are super expensive, people will just find something else to do. Seems kinda bad for a big PvP release.

Highsec is for PVE you guys have low and null for PVP. Go there.

1 Like

I guarantee you most folks wont be operating -10. Most folks wont want the hassle. As such, a lot of folks who would participate, wont be able to afford to. I think we’d be better off making the tags cheaper (higher spawn rate or whatever it takes), so more people were able to afford to PvP.

Or hell just remove the docking penalty. Why make the game needlessly tedious. It’s not adding any value and adding a HUGE hassle for some folks. They’re about to patch ganking completely out of the game honestly. The ganker discords are NOT sounding promising lol. They’re all but required to tag up now. For-profit ganking is already borderline unfeasible. I fear this patch will tip it over the edge.

Except ganking is bullying and online terrorism so the game does not need these players.

1 Like

hey idiot
null sec is for power block members… with capital umbrellas etc
so according to you regular people should only PVP in a tiny portion of game space , low sec…
and they should be locked there for ever

nice …

Just wanted to point out that all your arguments are pretty much the exact same ones PvE players have been making about gankers for years:

• Ganking makes it too inconvenient or expensive to operate.
  • All the things you need to do to avoid ganks are needlessly tedious.
  • Ganking adds no value to the game, it’s the lowest of low hanging fruit.
  • Ganking makes people not want to participate in their chosen playstyle.
  • Ganking makes people stop playing.

TBH it’s hilarious to see gankers crying about this, just like they cry about everything else that doesn’t benefit their playstyle.

Regardless, it’s just another case of CCP not understanding either their game or their players, and slapping on easy one-off simple “solutions” that don’t ‘fix’ anything - rather than addressing core design issues with EVE mechanics.

CCP has far too much focus on changing the rules to eliminate ‘problem’ playstyles, and nowhere near enough focus on expanding or creating new playstyles. There’s only so much you can take out of the game until almost nobody has the desire to play anymore.

2 Likes

The way I read it, he wasn’t referring to where the Tags drop, he was referring to PvE players who operate in High, Low and Null Sec space. Basically if the price for the Tags goes up, more than likely some of those PvE players will start farming Tags in Low Sec which would then create more PvP targets…

Course then again I could be wrong…

unfortunately you are my friend
have you ever saw a topic about “needing more targets in low sec”
no , we are fine …
low sec has a structure that makes fight avoiding carebears unattractive
probably if a carebear goes to low
do some ■■■■
and leave no one will care
iff he dies is bad luck

You can farm them or buy them, no biggie. Instead of ganking newbros maybe come and contest pvp space for once. I farm in null, low and wormhole space. And its mostly uncontested if you know what your are doing. So come over and make it less safe.

Well, that may have been true in the past.

However, we’re talking about this new game mechanic change pertaining to negative security status which could possibly increase more Market demand for tags. That will more than likely raise the price of tags which would then hopefully entice more PvE players to farm those tags in Low Sec. Thus ultimately creating more targets for PvP, especially since the High Sec target pool will be diminished due to these new restrictions being implemented on negative Security Status…

1 Like

…and then they’ll get killed while ratting in a LowSec belt and send hate mail to their killers and then whine to CCP about how much much much more dangerous LowSec is than HighSec and demand that the wide berth of difference in danger is reduced so that newbies to LowSec can be protected and have a chance to improve player retention or else they’d quit because HighSec is too boring and there’s not enough ISK to be made ratting in belts/anoms in HighSec and they refuse to rat in LowSec where it is just simply too dangerous.

3 Likes

So, pretty much what hisec gankers are saying now, then.

Well at least everybody’s consistent.

For the same reason carebears cry and whine on the forums about industry changes, but people who are actually good at that stuff do just fine (and actually better). Lots of low effort and uninformed players, on all “sides” of the game.

Could you give an example of this? I think you might be misinterpreting what was said.

There were some lowsec guys that were pretty upset about how it would affect their ability to use trade hubs.

These changes certainly don’t end ganking.

Right.

That’s nothing new.
They didn’t seem at all concerned that ships’ prices would skyrocket when they changed Resources, Mining and Industry.

1 Like

Hi Lucas, I think there’s a bit of nuance to it.

If you were ganking before tethering was introduced, you’ll be fine.

If you gank without Alpha Clones, you’ll be fine.

If you don’t care too much about sec status, you’ll be fine.

If the barge buffs haven’t knackered your ability to field a squad, you’ll be fine.

Lowsec pirates have voiced genuine concern for their particular needs; it’s possible that CCP overlooked this and will address it. Perhaps not.

I don’t think the numbers complaining are ‘countless’; certainly not going by contributions in the Forum. Perhaps there are disgruntled voices elsewhere; I don’t know.

You use the word ‘countless’ in a sense unfamiliar to common speakers of English. That’s your way; I’m getting used to it, but it isn’t strictly accurate and it makes you sound comically melodramatic. I’m sure you’re not.

It’s likely that Aiko will pen a blogpost, and I’ll be interested to see her take on the changes. I doubt they’ll affect her at all, for the reasons listed above. She may, however, see fit to take a broader view. We’ll see.

The terms ‘whining’ and ‘crying’ have become ubiquitous here. I dislike them now (I used them in the past) for they are part of the much maligned ‘cancel culture’, which bludgeons subtlety and nuance in an effort to turn human beings into the equivalent of chicken nuggets - bereft of nutritional value, easily and quickly consumed and excreted.

Tags will find their level, and those who wish to use them will find a way to do so.

EDIT: Added ‘who’, final paragraph.

3 Likes