CCPlease respond on your own forum

The only thing this thread is good for is identifying the crazies with their, always negative, weird and outlandish theories that make no sense whatsoever or are observably wrong. Every time someone posts idiotic nonsense like that I get to add them to the ignore list so I don’t have to suffer their personal issues any more. This is also the reason why CCP doesn’t post on their own forums: they can’t filter out the problem people so they just stop bothering, I can’t blame them.

I just wish that instead they’d actively get rid of the Negative Andy’s (which isn’t the same as getting rid of discussion or people who don’t agree with stuff) and that the community as a whole realises that those people are the reason why the forum sucks, and thus why CCP can’t be bothered, and stop interacting with and feeding those folks.

Can you define the rules that this would be workable under?

More specifically what makes someone an undesirable?

Asking for a fiend

A very long time ago, I heard that it’s belligerence.

1 Like

Less than 1% of players got to participate in the Alliance Tournament (well, when it was still annually organized), way less than 1% of players got to ever enjoy the tournament prizes and so on. How do you justify all the resources and dev time spent on that then? As I understand it creating and maintaining the tools for it was behind the scenes considerable timesink and many devs spent a lot of their own free time for it as well.

All I’m saying “but the resources” is a poor excuse for this, plenty of resources are spent on content a vast number of players will never see or use.

3 Likes

You mean the wages they were paid for normally doing something else?

I mean, you do realise there is a massive difference between costs of developing an entire codebase addition to the game and just having devs sit around while they stream a videogame that already exists right?

And even that would still be far less than having to maintain and deal with an entire engine just to render a single room which has to be checked every single update, the tools for the streaming of the AT only need checking once a year

The numbers aren’t even remotely the same

Ok I’ll just quote the most relevant part for you.

And to continue a bit further on the above, all those players obviously would like resources spent more on the stuff they enjoy.

Doesn’t work because it still requires context and comparisons

There is also the cost to benefit side of it, they don’t benefit from WiS they did benefit from the advertising of the game via an event, there are a lot of variables that complicate it beyond the point where a single sentence covers it

Seeing how everything devolves into a pile I wouldn’t as an employee of CCP do it, too many crazies.

Yeah… but thats like saying “As a professional gardener, Im not going to tidy this garden because its just full of weeds anyway”

3 Likes

With thorns.

I dont really think the average forum denizen has even the power to scratch skin

You want to believe we’re wrong because we challenge your bias, not because you’ve actually considered or looked up anything we’ve said.

Gotta stay woke my friend. Step one is actually considering other peoples point of view.

Death by a thousand cuts.

I know what you are saying, but really, how thin a skin do you think CCP have?

I can’t believe the assertion that Reddit is less toxic than being in these forums. Especially since CCP has full power to moderate any thread using ISDs ,devs, GMs, and the newly promoted Community Relations manager and team members. In fact, a judicial use of directive control should tend to produce better and more useful feedback on all issues, except for specific null sec problems, since the null sec bloc wouldn’t usually be caught in here. Instead of engaging in here on the issues, CCP has chosen to drop changes and announcements haphazardly like a driver throwing stuff out a window; once it hits and stays, it remains abandoned.

2 Likes

I don’t think you realise how much of a thrash pile this forum is, you might just be used to it by now… jaded by it. To me there’s no point in going through all the ■■■■ thread spam looking to find that one smidge of actually useful information so I don’t expect CCP to bother either.

In my case I’ve already have 20 people on ignore and I’ve only been here for a month, adding to it on a daily basis almost. People who either are raging negative Andy’s, people who just troll or people who add nothing of value ever. They suck the life out of pretty much every thread and change the subject to yet the same thing like in all threads.

As forumites you reap what you sow.

The last 3 games I’ve played recently (WoW, PoE, and Eve) are all 3 doing the same shady ■■■■. Never communicating with their playerbase. Extremely sus changes that are really trying to leave a space for the illegal RMT that attracts WHALES.

CCP doesn’t communicate because they have to be SUPER CAREFUL about what they say so as to not reveal their super shady business practices (read: fraud)

CCPs turnover time on reports is (purposefully) slow so the bots can still make a profit and will still resub a new account after the ban (the last round of bots I reported took 3 months to recieve a ban… conveniently right after the start of a new financial quarter). They try to play up the difficulty of banning bots so they’re not held accountable but in actuality they’re committing fraud.

Reddit is worse due to the negative vote option, those people are scared of being voted down into oblivion. It’s both good as bad: it’s self cleaning but it also hides dissenting opinions which is not good.

The thread spam mostly exists because people debate endlessly about what CCP intends

If CCP stated it in the forums, then I believe the vast majority of stupid arguments about the nature of facts would dry up pretty quick.

2 Likes

CCP will never state their intents because their intents are borderline illegal at this point. Again, trying to hold space for RMT (and its whales) while telling the playerbase they’re doing all they can to fight botting. It’s why there’s so little communcation. CCP is basically sitting their clenched hoping their community doesn’t finally draw the obvious conclusion.