CCPlease revert logi changes

Haven’t you heard? Now you can . . . uh . . . do something with clones or something . . . if you bring a mothership.

i want to do something with clones or something i guess

Let’s stay on topic please.

Not arguing to say that it is ok, but it sure seems like CCP is trying to make that even worse.

2 Likes

Maybe . . . but part of the problem is that a huge portion of the playerbase is part of some sort of Ship Replacement Program - so they fly stuff they cannot afford to replace, and get a distorted view. It wasn’t that long ago, fleets of T1 frigates were common in lowsec - everybody can afford those.

1 Like

The biggest problem is CCP. They need to switch back to a more player driven model instead of repeatedly nerfing the coolest ■■■■ only to then fail at force feeding us half baked content.

I’m not always sure. Sometimes I think it is inevitable. I mean, back then there weren’t any capital ships. Marauders weren’t even around. Now, maybe you need to be a guy with five dread alts as part of a 2000 man coalition just to be a contender.

Nah you just need to give suspects a reason to recruit again. We really filled those gaps quite well. Small gang engagements with a large number of possible roles.

Furthermore, I cant tell you how many times I’ve recruited a new bro and they get so rich they’re plexing 2 accounts the very next month… I just dont see how we were doing more harm than good when you can literally opt in or out of interacting with us.

There are several problems that must be corrected for the game to come back.

T1 frigates are so outclassed as to be seen as irrelevant now in many cases. That’s why nobody flys them. Noobs can’t afford the relevant stuff and will lose at first anyways… so we’re badly failing at incentivizing pvp in the ships that they can be expected to use.

I personally think T3 and triglavian boats should be thrown out of high sec to make T1 boats relevant… and thus noobs relevant.

Noobs won’t pvp unless t1 ships are competitive in their sandbox.

Because there is no way for players to injure each other (except mission baiting) now that is really relevant to noobs, noobs don’t get to participate in or witness the drama that was Eve.

Drama was the storyline. It bound people together. I once found a blog where a guy wrote, in vivid detail, about a war my Corp and I waged against him 3 years after the fact. What do noobs now look back on? What stories do they have?

“He did this so I did that and … “ used to be the talk in Corp chat. Stuff was happening. There were good guys and bad guys. It was drama.

The drama went away with the can flipping and microwars.

This game needs drama. To get drama, the game needs mechanics like can flipping, baiting, theft, and small personal wars. You cannot have drama if there isn’t a good reason to fight.

Mo

3 Likes

Luring people into lowsec might help.

I would totally agree if low sec weren’t a complete dumpster fire right now.

Fixing lowsec will be easier than fixing highsec or nullsec.

At least the people in lowsec accept the idea of risk.

More like they have so much isk that it isn’t a risk.

1 Like

Lowsec has always failed to attract a population because

1. Lowsec is inconvenient… especially for noobs.
  2. The fighting isn’t dramatic. Nobody feels like they’re fighting against evil when they kill another ship in lowsec. There are no good guys or bad guys. It’s just dry tactical maneuvering to shoot people you don’t know.
  3. the small population in low tends to make spending time there largely feel boring and secluded.

Contrast that with Akiainavas back pre-2012. There were 150 people in system anytime. There were fights on the undock constantly, and mostly in T1 ships. Fleets were camping the station 3 days a week.

You could undock and just watch it. You could join in. You learned the characters, who did what, and you could follow along in local chat.

Now, it’s dead silent. Nothing to watch. Nothing going on.

2 Likes

The main reason all that changed is there is no longer a path from “PvP New Bro” to “Successful Pirate” so the only new bloods in PvP are the ones that can buy enough plex to afford it.

1 Like

Yeah.

Back then pvp was pursued because it was fun. And it was frequently very funny.

T1 frigates were cheap enough to where anyone could dabble… and a 15 minute timer… allowed limited pvp on your own turf against whatever thug offended you.

What do noobs do now that’s actually fun? What happens now?

The game at large is interesting. Grinding for a reward is in all games. But what parts are really a blast?

2 Likes

I remember flying around Old Man Star and getting jumped by a few frigates. I was in a caracal - they couldn’t believe I had light missiles fitted. It almost seems like a different game.

1 Like

I kept a CEO busy in his Drake with a Cormorant with Defender Missiles for ages while my CEO arranged a few things in the background for when he returned to his POS.

There’s not much left that’s really a blast. I can remember getting in big fleet fights with other suspect groups back when suspects could actually have friends and it was some of the most fun I’ve had in a video game. Too bad that content doesn’t exist anymore.

CCP really needs to revert this change. It really cleared out so much awesome content and for what? So logi has to be in corp in a war dec? really? like that even changes anything?

CCPLEEEAAASE I beg you. Revert these changes. It would bring back so many awesome avenues of play.

1 Like

I’m Impressed you’re still getting fights.

I mostly fought other people who liked to fight when I was playing… with the odd bar fight evolving naturally in the belts or on station.

Seems like everything is pretty dried up to me.

1 Like