CCPlease revert logi changes

I can’t disagree with this.

Now all that ore is safely in the belly of the Mackinaw, under the watchful protection of Concord.

:face_with_hand_over_mouth:

Shameless bump. CCPLEASE revert the logi changes so that suspects can PLAY WITH THEIR FRIENDS in a MMO again.

Thanks <3
Kitty

If you’re going to ‘play’ with your friends, please remember to wash your hands afterwards…

1 Like

CCP please add shower to EVE so I can “play” with my friends in the shower and not pretend in chat.

1 Like

you don’t get CONCORDOKKEN for going suspect.
One of the people you’re repping went criminal, which sent you criminal, which results in CONCORD intervention.

You get made criminal for repping a suspect.

As a general statement that is untrue.
You inherit the suspect status of the recipient.

You need to make that a conditional statement to be true.

The condition is common enough that it can be referred to in general terms rather than try and confuse people with the specific circumstances where you don’t go criminal for repping a suspect in a situation which actually realistically occurs.

Then state the conditions.

Your general statement is false.

Details are important when dealing with highsec mechanics.

It has nothing to do with being suspect and everything to do with being in a limited engagement - which does not require suspect status. A suspect who has not engaged in combat with a PC can still be repped by neutral logi, after all. But having a limited engagement timer means no neutral logi is allowed - for either party.

Duels and corp warfare also grant limited engagement timers, causing neutral logi (not a party to the duel or war) who try to rep any of these parties to get declared criminals for interfering in ‘legal’ combats, and thus get nuked in High Sec.

I’m curious what happens if two non-fleeted ships both engage on the same suspect target - can one of them then switch to repping the target, since they are already part of the engagement?

2 Likes

The conditions are you are a try-hard.

Yes, it is possible. But it is not a simple condition. You cannot rep a target that has an active engagement timer with you. If you can get a target to engage two suspects, however, the suspects can rep each other.

Mmmm, sounds like it would take a bit of work, but is solvable.

I mean, totally test on Sisi for any limitations first, but it sounds like this is ultimately a middling change in functional mechanics - the logi has to be as vulnerable to combat as the bait ship at the time of repping to avoid being branded an outlaw, but you can still hold back extra logi ships until needed if you have ways to flip them into combat eligible as well.

After all, it was war interference that was the real problem leading to this change, and neutral logi cannot legally get a limited engagement timer of their own in that situation.

1 Like

The key is knowing when not to shoot.

1 Like

Unfortunately there is no realistic scenario where suspect baiters can play together. It’s sad and it was a TERRIBLE change.

CCPlease let me play with my friends again T.T

Do you have an alternate fix for the war and duel interference the change addresses? Without an alternative to the current behavior, reverting the change is a net loss of quality in the game. Yes, it sucks that suspect play was negatively impacted due to the shared mechanic sets - but that doesn’t mean it wasn’t a valuable change for the target population.

Of course, Make it where Logi goes gcc when it reps someone engaged in war combat specifically. Create a separate limited engagement timer for wars that has a slightly different rule set for logi… or just revert the change because it wasn’t even that impactful for war dec corps either. The only people it helped were those who want to make uninformed pvp decisions without dying in a fire.

I guess it means that there are still newish players around. Those who wasn’t baited once and those who wasn’t told about baiters yet.

And this is the real issue with baiting in high-sec: most of the time you can bait player once. Most people will learn to not take a bait after hopelessly losing their stuff first time (and it feels hopeless, I know - I was baited more than once).
As result you need new players to bait. And there is not enough of those lately.

In my opinion this is similar to gankers and miners. Gankers have been smack talking for ages those who mines in untanked barges. Then miners switched to tanked ships and what’s the result? I don’t remember last time i’ve seen here “tears and whine” from ganked miner and smack talk from gankers. Solo ganking is mostly dead and the whole activity has switched to Freighters and big fleets of gankers. (I can be completely wrong here for sure).

All in all CCP can do nothing here but attract more players so You would have more targets. No mechanical changes will make players take baits again after their previous losses.