Cloak changes

CCP could allow RMT, and tax all transactions for a cut.

1 Like

I think I recall that.

I also recall that magical time before they locked pricing the markets got to the point we had a magical window of insurance fraud. You could literally make some damn good isk off of blowing up your ships. Insurance even with cost of the policy was better than any profit off market sale.

Especially if you never paid for them in the first place, cough…

So as I undocked I’d say in local…hey cloaky, make this quick. Something like this is gonna get patched fast. I dare you to prove you can kill me faster than a self destruct.

That’s not completely how it worked.

“Insurance fraud” was only possible when mineral prices temporarily fell under the value of insurance net profits, and the margin was fairly low (mediocre ISK/hour) , and quickly adjusted itself to parity as ships exploded and mineral prices rose. Expectation of certain patch changes might have opened bigger windows at some point, but in the end everything always reached an equilibrium point.

Basically, in the past mineral prices were pegged to the value of insurance, and today it’s the other way around, which allows the free market to dictate mineral prices.

True. But it was an interesting day for those who caught that fleeting bubble.

Afk cloaking is not about pve players being denied content. An at key player can see the difference between an Afk cloak alt and a hunter.

Afk cloaking is about botters wanting to run bots & ccp is now deciding if they want to remove the one last minor obstacle to botting.

Eve has been on life support ever since CCP took the decision to monetise accounts rather than players, building tq around a n+1 mantra.

Eve online null block war is a brain dead n+1 affair but it pays the bills for the little content eve has & ccp develops, but giving null free range botting is wrecking the economy in other areas of eve.

CCP has a good baseline from Eve bots and I just don’t understand why they want to notch it up a gear, unless CCP is determined to enter the final terminal stage of this mmo.

So because of bots, all normal PVE players must suffer and be unable to use anything above a T1 cruiser? and even then still be droped on? If it was only about killing bots then normal obvious non bot players wouldn’t need to be droped on and camped so hard. It isn’t about bots though, its about lazy afk pvp. Its about someone skill farming for a cheap account, and cycling through his 15+ accounts looking for “content” that he can drop on and feel like a “talented hunter”.

Your argument is flawed. CCP needs to develop better monitoring software to find bots, not punish the real players.

1 Like

If a single cloaked ship can bring your null empire to the ground you are in the wrong area of space, I suggest high sec, a high sec rookie system to be precise.

6 Likes

a single cloaked ship, in every single system spanning regions.

How about you learn to hunt, without the use of hundreds of afk alts.

again you prove it has nothing to do with bots.

1 Like

It seems the easy fix would be to remove local, I’d be fine with anti cloaking systems of local was removed or maybe you want to limit eve to one account?

It seems there is nothing wrong with cloaking.

removing local almost destroyed the game. How about you learn to hunt?

1 Like

Removing local did not destroy the game, tolerating botting & promoting it to the point that removing local wiped 30% of CCP’‘s baseline income out because it’'s from bots has destroyed the game.

Learn the difference.

At key pve null players make up a tiny fraction of CCP’'s income, my only concern is that small gang null pvp makes up even less and CCP is about to do something very dumb.

5 Likes

I would hardly call the armies of afk cyno alts employed by all the different blop factions in the game “small gang” lol

1 Like

Just curious, why a Badger and not a Heron?

Data mining revealed they will use charges. So there will be a limit on how long you can maintain the cloak. Apparently its seeded in the plex store only.

1 Like

lol. Nice troll

Lvl 100 troll. Thank the eve player base.

If we are talking about removing local, we must also remove all ratting, jumps, pilots in space information from the ESI, as well as cyno beacons out of region / jump range, pathfinder integrations, ESS tick updates and various other tools that allow free intel to the hunters.

Of course, doing so would be absurdly complicated for anyone trying to actually play the game.

There is a good reason that so many of these - largely player-generated - tools exist; to make life easier. For the hunters, they can see hotspots of activity to direct their hunt, make use of WH networks to move quickly to their targets, and plan escape routes using less active paths - not to mention the ability to randomly jump into an active system using a couple of methods to spring a surprise attack, and retreat to safety without engaging if they desire. For the hunted, they can see who is coming to try and kill them, and respond accordingly. Both of these activities rely upon active gameplay from teams of players working together both in and out of the game.

AFK cloaky campers log in once per day and can sit gleaning intel (and impacting on ADMs) without being near that account. The defenders have no counter to this activity. It’s why the cloak changes help to move balance to active gameplay.

4 Likes

Still say if they did limit hands-off cloaking there’d be cries of foul regardless.

If you don’t want local go play in wormholes. Stop trying to force your ignorant ideas on people that don’t want them. The game provides you a venue for the content you keep claiming to want.

Irony.

Mr Epeen :sunglasses:

3 Likes