Cloaky afk camper giving us a hard time

i’d point ya at the main afk cloaker thread but reading through it will just make you stupid, angry, or both. The guys there crying about afk cloakers are showing why renters are trash. here’s a summary:

they behave like bots, docking the second someone enters
they cry about an evil man of whom they have no idea if he’s actually gonna hot drop anyone
they think they’re entitled to farming in null sec in perfect safety
they don’t do jack ■■■■ trying to find out if the cloaky camper actually is at the keyboard
they make up excuses and tell you whatever they think gets them sympathy
they’re all self declared victims
they keep moving goalposts to keep the fake discussion active
they’re all most likely real money traders

1 Like

Salt farming at its best. All from asking for advice. I know the op, it was a legit question.

sure ya do

Fit some T2 RR dominixes and rat in fleet, it will be less effective but you will loose almost nothing in case of drop. Nobody will drop BOPS on dominixes ready for combat. Guy will loose interest in your system and move elsewhere.

Its not broken. Its the only counter to local chat and intel programs.

If they “fix cloaky camping” Local chat will be fixed also. Some sort of delay I would guess.

If I was the camper, I would definately feel motivated and encouraged to carry on if I knew I was winding you up and causing some financial damage, maybe quiet down your operations, JC out to high sec and carebear for a few days and see if he gets bored and finds somebody else to play with.

1 Like

So players are ‘nerds’ if they’re good at killing you. Get out there and kill him. Have your own cloaky fleet next to a bait ship. Stopping being bad at eve. If you can’t handle ONE guy ruining your solo play on an MMO go and play something else or Shut the hell up.

I just want to point out, based on what OP posted, I would never want him in my fleet doing anything.

2 Likes

Local chat is broken.
So are cloaks.

heck no. It was awesome, and, as much damage to us as they did back then and my dislike for them for some out of game stuff that they have done, that was a tactic and it was effective because of our own lack of skill, dedication and dumb people. I don’t think cloaky needs adjustment at all. I think that would be the dumbest thing you could do, as it will completely destroy it.

Make up your mind. First you say you want it fixed and now you don’t. Jesus.

Wondering what kind of sentence that I have typed made you think that I ever thought that it needs fixing???

because if it is this one, I’d say - don’t try to misinterpret my engrish! It makes you boring.

Avoiding double negatives is easier than dealing with people that will misunderstand.

If you want him to leave, you need to pay your taxes.

You are clearly in his system, and he deserves tribute.

1 Like

/me goes AFK in this thread

a0bb256993d98fb2d037a0eac5a6b59c

You already lost your first option which is don’t let him know he is bothering you.

If he sees this tear thread he will never leave!

A tear thread is the ultimate criminal reward.

We have same campers in all solar systems of our pocket. The indexes ease down. Sometimes they catch some afker/inactive players.

We won’t pay that’s sure. What we can do, clear relic/data sites, DED sites. In fact they prevent only ratting in anomalies. That also happened, one of them decloacked randomly and we annihilate him.

If they leave at once we have only one solution to protect our pocket, we need a massive 24/7 gatecamp by entrance.

LOL… be happy you have not pissed Goons off… you would have 5 cloaky campers in your system 24 hours a day and would actually lose anything of value within minutes of undocking… Just ask GOTG. If you don’t have a proper response fleet and cant handle one guy maybe Null is not the place for your corp… im not trying to talk smack here but seriously… this is eve. If eve players can kill you, they will. If eve players can annoy and harass you to the point your indy comes to a complete standstill they will. In the end the answer is, its EVE, deal with the situation or move. The only other option is join a coalition that actually has an effective response fleet.

1 Like

I cant figure out why you would rent and only be allowed to one system or very few, I certainly hope rent is cheap because you are getting the screw job.