Closed

That’s not a counter play - he’s supposed to stay docked untill bunch of 5mil isk catalyst goes away?

That sounds like a potential quality answer, does that really work, anyone else could confirm?

1 Like

You can confirm it yourself by looking at the Catalyst stats fitted with neutron blasters and void ammo.

Even if he was already moving a little instead of most likely just sitting at the warp-in, it would have been almost impossible for them to gank him as the Catalysts have to land exactly on top. Even the landing distance from a warpin point is usually almost out of optimal already.

And you don’t have to mitigate all the damage, just enough before CONCORD comes in and neutralizes them.

How hard is that? Do we still have to fix Highsec?

3 Likes

Quality answers in this forum are very rare so I’m giving you deserved praise. OP should receive answer like that insead of that toxicity that he was given.

Yes we do - not every situation has counter-play. I’m not saying that high sec should be super safe, but there is a lot of game design work HS needs.

1 Like

It’s basically impossible to gank someone in Highsec. If you are getting ganked, you are definitely doing something wrong. It’s not our job to explain what you should do instead.

6 Likes

Well yes, you can most certanly move yourself into a situation where every option you had along the way for counter play is gone. But you can learn about those situations and avoid them, that is part of the game.

1 Like

Yeah. Theyve only been here for like, what, 17 years? Theyll die out eventually. Maybe in 50 years.

3 Likes

I hope nobody pipebombs me out of existence.

2 Likes

What does PVP stand for, again?

People dont exit out of a bathroom expecting to enter a fight.

You should always expect a fight when you undock.

Theres a difference between real life and a video game. I suggest you learn the difference between playing “No russian” in Call of duty, versus playing “No Russian” in real life.

Yes. Eve could be designed differently. We could remove all PVP, everywhere, and make it impossible to lose ships. When NPCs blow up your ship, you get a free carbon copy of the ship you lost, spawned at your station.

EVE could be designed very differently. But then it wouldnt be as popular, and it wouldnt have lasted for 18 years.

One of its taglines before, was “Be the villain” or something. Citadel was “Build your dreams, wreck theirs.” EVE doesnt claim to be an easy, peace-filled video game with zero risk.

3 Likes

Its called High security space, not Safe security space.

2 Likes

Im sure we will support you to quit, too.

2 Likes

Man, posts like these used to be clockwork. Like everyday since 2009 I’d come to the forum to see someone proclaim that eve is just going to up and die of ccp doesn’t do something about these damn (insert bad guys here, gankers, war deccers, cloaky campers, scammers whatever).

And its still here. And people are still complaining . I would not be surprised if the very next post was another of those “ccp better do what I want them to to this game, Star Citizen is coming!!!” Type posts :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

Moving is the answer , my speed has saved me me many times

I think what we all miss is a real consequences that gankers should be receiving. Yes being concorded after a gank is a consequence but it easily countered by known strategies.
From what I see their gameplay to stagnant for to long. While all over new eden almost every gameplay was “adjusted” ganking stays the same over whole eve online history.
What I want to see is REAL risk/reward rebalance for ganking.

2 Likes

I’m the owner of this KM.
Hope you can learn from it. I heard that you are very enthusiastic to help the new people. If you can tell them about your experience, it may help them better in the game. Before we gank you, we’ve been watching you for 3 hours.

1 Like

If ganking is so over-powered, why don’t you start ganking and make some easy isk?

2 Likes

Only he can truly answer but my immediate guess was “self respect”.

1 Like

It stands for player versus player. It doesn’t stand for “gank defenseless victims”. What you are insisting is PVP is like if I kicked your grandma in the stomach as she is shopping, grab her diamond ring and say I won the “fight”.

2 catalysts on a mackinaw is NOT “a fight”. Its a massacre. Heck, I think one is usually a massacre as well.

Generally, they won’t. They will enter a one-sided bashing. Please don’t act like this has never happened. It has. So by your logic, I guess they should expect it.

Yes, I know that. My problem is that the lies and bamboozlement are in fact, real life. This needs fixed. Players need to be more clearly informed of exactly what they are getting into.

Look at it this way. You invite someone to play a game of chess. You intend to throw the chessboard across the room if it looks like you are about to lose. You don’t say that. Later, you hurl the chessboard across the room because you are losing. The other person will very likely be mad at you. You can chant “Its just a game!” as much as you like, but that won’t fix the issue and rightly so.

Useless crap paragraph that is representive of literally no one and nothing.

In the past EVE was more upfront and clear. Was. Past tense. Thanks for pointing that out.

Nor is it currently being clear enough up front about what it is.

Yeah. Its kind of funny to have decent tank, let a cat creep on you, then hit your shield harder and move away the instant they open fire.

But you know, people who are doing things like mining and hauling are sort of not wanting to get kicked in the face because some overgrown teenager is mad at the world.

But, you know, when you are that mad at the world, a simple suggestion of having an actual high security area next to an easily accessible low security area just sounds like discrimination and lost pinatas. I think my way would actually give them more targets and content in the end, if you look at all I suggest, but the fact is, they cream in their pants more the more the non-consensual it is. My way makes it more consentual and its a buzz kill for them.

If you don’t want to lose your stuff then learn how the game works and you are fine. I mean how difficult is this to understand that a computer game always has some challenges (however small they are in Highsec) in it and not just a print money button? It’s called playing the game.

2 Likes