CODE?

http://minerbumping.41656.x6.nabble.com/Notice-Hammered-to-James-315-s-Pod-Veekay-Tehsu-s-13-Theses-tt8054.html

interesting read. CODE. does NOT practice what they preach.

1 Like

Yawn.

This was written by an individual who obviously had an extremely poor grasp of the CODE. Obviously, Iā€™m not going to waste my time refuting every single one of his assertions, because there are too many of them, and I have other ā– ā– ā– ā–  to do.

The point is, every single thing he wrote was wrong in one way or another.

If you have specific concerns or questions about the CODE, Winston, I would encourage you to air them here, and one of us will be happy to clarify. Please no walls of text though. One question at a time, if you want a thoughtful answer.

1 Like

Alternately, Winston, you could let that screed die itā€™s well deserved paupers death, and refuse to give the drama wheel the spin it so desperately craves.

Eve is designed as a pvp game, so the correlation is likely to also be a causality. People join the game for the pvp, and for the ganking, for playing the pirates. Some of them, they read about eve, they watched movies, they know what they want to do in the game.

Others join without a plan, i think a lot of them do not know much about the game. They start in hi sec and are given a venture by aura. This is the best time to gank the player for the first time and break the monotony of the pve. And this is i think James 315 idea to open the door for the miner to the deeper level of the sandbox. Benefits are multiple, it shows him the excitement of a pvp interaction, and if the ganker is a fun roleplayer it also shows him the emergent gameplay aspect. Incurable carebears from this thread do not understand eve, but there is hope with each gank to show someone the light at the end of the tunnel. The miner can decide to grow in his eve career, plan steps for a revenge or for maybe joining the bad guys. Or for protecting his industry if he is really into that. He has to do something or he knows he will die.

The genius of James law of hi sec is it serves many purposes we who understand the game levels believe are good for the game. All of this with zero in game logistics. Anyone can sell mining permits, you donā€™t even need to be in the New Order.

2 Likes

There does exist a fourth, unforeseen outcome:

He logs out and goes back to HKO.

This is of course, completely acceptable, and you would prefer that he does that if thatā€™s what he is called to do.

Itā€™s worked fine for over a decade, what could go wrong now?

If we keep it up for another decade then these potential players might be tempted to switch to Star Citizen (probably going to be released under the name Star Second Mortgage)

2 Likes

James 315, Praise Be Unto Him!

2 Likes

Holy hadesā€¦a humanitarian, and someone who spit out the kool-aid. I guess Scooter McCabeā€™s lesson hasnā€™t gone un noticed.

I think you are the one that donā€™t understand. Yes some people are trapped in boring activities , but MANY people like that activities, and you canā€™t force them to like PvP. Iā€™m not saying you canā€™t PvP them, itā€™s eve afterall. My fleet was ganked by code guys some time ago, we lost a really bad fitted exumer. It was fun, we learned our lesson, I told the guy how to fit it properly, I talked a bit with the code guy, and life goes on. That will not me make fit a ship and start ganking. I like the industrial aspect of eve, and I will stick to it. You liking it or not.

1 Like

Preach.

As long this dudes can bump others no no buying a subscription anymore. When CCP wants to stop that and like more subscriptions again, I am in.

I agree that the bumping mechanics is illogical and suck , I think we should have collisions following phisichs rules. So yeah if you ram a bigger ship you are screwed

James grants an indulgence for all mining activities. You simply need to obtain a permit, and pay taxes, so you can live out your fantasy. Some industrialists play ball, and others are the ball.

3 Likes

I think you are blind , or simply donā€™t wanna see. I told allready I donā€™t have a problem with ganking, you guys can come many times you want. Donā€™t think Iā€™m the 13 years old cry babies you are used to gank. No tears here amigo , move forward

So, why donā€™t you just get a permit? You say you arenā€™t crying, but then you choke up at the thought of paying a meager 10 million isk annual tax?

2 Likes

Simple Iā€™m not in the mood. Simple as that . If you want 10 mill go gank someone xD. Donā€™t get me wrong I know how important you guys are for the game, but y must realise that is not the only playstile. Eve has many roles

1 Like

Yes, thatā€™s fine, you can play the outlaw industrialist. EVE needs a few villains.

2 Likes

Hehe not a bad idea

Every now and again I met a miner who admits what they are doing is wrong, that they are breaking the law and destroying the natural asteroid environment, stealing the New Orderā€™s ore and refusing to pay taxes. Thatā€™s good, because then we are all finally playing the same game. You can be a pirate in EVE, stealing into high security space, desperately scrapping together enough ore to build yourself a ship that you use to massacre the defenseless Gurista refugees. Thatā€™s a roleplay that some people enjoy, I guess, I donā€™t know. My character is a lawful good paladin, dedicated to ensuring that these criminals face justice.

3 Likes