[Compilation] The Lore of the Triglavian Collective

Uh, you have the alphabet above. Use it yourself? Even if it isn’t exact or even correct, I bet the actual result will be more entertaining than the real thing.

is there a place I can find the actual font?

Yes, it’s called “look at the posts this beautiful man has made and actually read them”.

1 Like

there are pictures, but im not crafty enough to get font from pictures, so thanks for the help I guess?

Heya! just realized I hadn’t actually included a link to the font itself - you can find it here on dropbox:

I’ll put it into the post too, so it’s more accessible - the link is right under the alphabet sheet now :slight_smile:

3 Likes

oh im sorry didn’t see it. Thanks dude!

I just want to note that I have actual in-game (anecdotal) evidence of this.

I was in a Calm Dark filament. Second pocket. 3 Damavik frigates orbited my ship and did not engage, despite me destroying and looting one of their extraction nodes, even though they were clearly within firing range and orbiting. I also brought my ship to a complete stop and let them orbit for a full 30 seconds; they did not engage. They were locked on (yellow flashing brackets) but they did not fire until I actually opened fire on one of them.

Everything is very cool !
That’s just the ships did not have to give the players. Because of the whole impression is spoiled.

Narodnya
The word “Narodnaya” , in real-life Russian, is literally translated as “People”; in terms of gamelore, the mentions of Narodnya in viewable data indicates that the bloodline means much the same for the Triglavian - that is, they are likely standard “people” (or whatever a normal Triglavian might be) in the race’s overall lineup. Capsuleers are also called “Augmented Foreign Narodnya” in Triglavian records, further indicating that the term refers to a conscious, breathing human body - however augmented it may be.

Since I am from Russia, I really laughed at it. :joy::rofl::joy::rofl::laughing:

Narodnya = National (Folk)
Russian Folk Music:

Russian folk tales:

People have nothing to do with, “Narodnaya” is the property of the whole Nation. Memory for ages. Memory for the future generation.

Koschoi
The name of this bloodline refers to a folkloric figure by the name of Koschei, an immortal man whose soul has been separated from his body and hidden away. In EVE’s context, the Koschoi appear to be a sort of leadership bloodline within the Triglavian Clades, likely operating as a different (and possibly more capsuleer-comparable) mode of life.

That’s right, but there is one thing:
Koschoi = perdition (Death) = He also Karatchun:

in Slavic mythology, the deity of the lower world (HELL), who is the master of frost, cold and darkness, as well as an evil spirit that shortens life and personifies death at an early age.

Oh yeah he’s not immortal, its hard to kill :wink:

Navka
This bloodline shares its name with the Navka Overminds , the Rogue Drone swarm that is found within the Abyss. On our side, the name refers to the souls of the dead in Slavic mythology - the singular form of which also refers to an underworld which the god Veles controls - also often interpreted as another name for Vyraj, where human souls go after death and which they return from to be reborn. This is also referenced in the description of the unreleased Veles Cladepylon: “Convocation of the Troika of the Vodya Subclade of Veles Clade divined purpose for the deviant automata in the flow of Vyraj.” - taken to indicate that Vodya Subclade is finding some use or path for Rogue Drones within their own society, possibly as vessels for Triglavian infomorphs to reside in. At this point, the Navka may either be some form of Triglavian infomorphs residing in Rogue Drone “bodies” (see the Clade-aligned rogue drones alongside Triglavian vessels), or even the literal Rogue Drones themselves, simply being convinced to join the Collective for mutual benefit - something that’ll certainly be made clear in the future.

No no and one more time no !

If you take Slavic mythology, then you are wrong.

Navka - is the soul of a child or girl who passed away unwillingly. According to legends, the meeting with her did not carry anything good. Only in rare cases did a dead man take care of a person. The ideas of those who wanted to win her over with the help of gifts were usually easy to guess. At best, the mythical creature laughed at the cunning one, at worst - killed him.

Some nationalities believed that the souls of those children who were born dead or died unbaptized wander the world and ask for their baptism…

• stillborn children
  • babies who died unbaptized.

The Rogue Drone were not created in the Federation. They existed in Spectrum Breach, a virus that later infected Federation ships. “Operation Spectrum Breach”

Navka = curse = Virus

7 Likes

This explains why some Triglavians are staunchly opposed to allying with the rogue drones.

3 Likes

Navka are not Rogue Drones. The Navka were an important part of Triglavian society prior to their encounter with the Rogue Drones.
“Convocation of the Troika of the Vodya Subclade of Veles Clade divined purpose for the deviant automata in the flow of Vyraj. The Koschoi of Vodya made a casting that the winnowing of the clades would be served by turning poshlost to sobornost. The Navka of Vodya gave this noema profound reverse-time sense and grounded the metaxy. The Narodnya of Yodya accepted the volition and merge-consented in the Koschoi and Navka of Troika Vodya. With this scribing is the working of the flow revealed as law”

The Navka do seem to be some kind of infomorph, possibly operating vila in a similar way to Sleepers.

2 Likes

Thank you for the information! I’ve got no background in Slavic mythology myself and went off of what I could collect from wikipedia etc., so that’s extremely helpful :slight_smile:

3 Likes

The Overmind thing has to refer to a living mind operating a drone, either remotely or its configured so it can host an infomorph in some way? The alternative is that has been taken over.

Will we receive an update to include the logi cruisers in the logs?

As in these

A heavy, intermediate warship that appears to be the Collective’s equivalent of a combat battlecruiser, the Drekavac is another Triglavian design that has proven adaptable to capsuleer technology, as with previously recovered examples of ship architecture recovered from Abyssal Deadspace.

As with other frontline combat vessels of the Collective, the Drekavac is capable of mounting Heavy Entropic Disintegrators and an array of support weapons such as energy neutralizers and pulse weapons. The ship also makes use of drones and has a long-range remote repair capability.

Drekavac Subclade of Perun Clade relinquished the adaptation schema of reverse-time accepted 243 tactical troika classification cladeship into the proving grounds of Perun Clade on the assent-conjunction of prayer from Gromovi and Samovda Subclades. Evocation of playful communion across repeated-time by tactical troika in sub-15, sub-21 and sub-27 exclaves of repeated conduit loop construct-303 is under now-time pressure. – partial translation of data included recovered design schematics of the Drekavac

A cruiser-sized vessel that is oriented towards remote armor repair and seems to be the Collective’s equivalent of a support cruiser, the Rodiva is another Triglavian design that has proven adaptable to capsuleer technology, as with previously recovered examples of ship architecture recovered from Abyssal Deadspace.

The Rodiva’s remote repair systems are considerably enhanced by adaptive armor-repair mutaplasmids that are used as nanite feedstock for its remote repair projectors. As the armor-repair mutaplasmid stream is able to adapt itself in real-time to specific target ship conditions far more efficiently than standard armor-repair nanites, the efficiency of armor repairing performed by the nanite stream on a given target increases over time towards a maximal repair output.

By the prayer of Convocation of Triglav Outside the Struggle, Rodiva Subclade of Veles Clade relinquished the adaptation scheme of now-time accepted 72 tactical troika classification into the cladeflow of Triglav. Strategic troika have advancing-time pressure for adaptation into tactical subroles conforming to now-time accepted noema of cladistic proving by Convocation of Triglav Outside the Struggle. – partial translation of data included in recovered design schematics of the Rodiva

The first modification of Triglavian ship design using the methods of Tech II invention and construction, the Zarmazd builds on the Collective’s Rodiva-class support cruiser to create a logistics cruiser adapted for capsuleer use. The Zarmazd’s design combines elements of the Amarr Guardian-class armor logistics cruiser’s technology with the Triglavian ship frame, energy system and signature adaptive mutaplasmid repair system.

The Zarmazd’s remote repair systems are considerably enhanced by adaptive armor-repair mutaplasmids that are used as nanite feedstock for its remote repair projectors. As the armor-repair mutaplasmid stream is able to adapt itself in real-time to specific target ship conditions far more efficiently than standard armor-repair nanites, the efficiency of armor repairing performed by the nanite stream on a given target increases over time towards a maximal repair output.

“It proved possible to adapt the ship specifications provided to incorporate some of the improvements found in our own advanced logistics cruisers. The Guardian’s high-output nanofabbers were readily altered to support the production of armor-repair mutaplasmids and, while the engineering challenges were novel, the increased flow and unusual nanotopography were ultimately incorporated without great difficulty. It should be noted that any competent nanotech engineer could reproduce these adaptations using the Rodiva’s specifications as a basis.” – excerpt from a report from the Office of the Fabricator-General of the Imperial Navy

A light, long-range combat ship that may be considered the Collective’s approach to standoff destroyer designs, the Kikimora is another Triglavian design that has proven adaptable to capsuleer technology, as with previously recovered examples of ship architecture recovered from Abyssal Deadspace.

As with other light combat vessels in the Triglavian lineup, the Kikimora is capable of mounting Light Entropic Disintegrators and an array of support weapons such as energy neutralizers and pulse weapons. The ship also makes limited use of drones and has a long-range remote repair capability.

Kikimora Subclade of Svarog Clade revised adaptation schema for cladeship of the 9 tactical troika classification has been accepted for imprinting in advancing-time generations after reverse-time reclamation following audience communion with reverse-time proving from ancient noema. Tactical subrole dispersal is subject to suspended-time pressure contingent on proving anew. – partial translation of data included in recovered design schematics of the Kikimora

ah, hadn’t realized I hadn’t put them in - I’ll toss them into the post :slight_smile:

:Edit: added the Rodiva strings, already had the Drek and Kiki there - as for the Zarmazd, it doesn’t have a data string - it’s the Amarr describing its production.

2 Likes

It’s still interesting, simply for the fact that Empires have been able to build a T2 from a Triglav T1. Be interesting to see what else they come up with.

If I had to wager, I’d say the “precursor” skillbooks include far more info than just some base understandings of Triglavian technology - if anything, they seem like very comprehensive repositories on many aspects of precursor tech, doubly so if any other precursor shiplines come out and use the same skills.

4 Likes

What interests me is how the Rodiva string mentions how its classification is only now time-accepted, suggesting that they never had any need, let alone thought of producing a logistics ship in this capacity.

Since the Trigs rely on repairing each other in groups of 3, it doesn’t really make any sense that they would have a dedicated ship for this when they could simply keep the combat ability and repair ability of a combat vessel.

But I’m guessing either we or the Drifters changed that plan, and the damage output is simply too high for any two other vessels to repair on their own unless they are dedicated in design to fulfill that purpose.

Even more interesting is the usage of TTC-72, which is a multiple of 3, but not in the numerology way that we normally see. If you divide 72 and the product thereof of 3 (72÷3=24÷3=x), the result is 8, not divisible by 3 unless you want a spare 2.

That breaks the mold by a lot, and I just gave myself a headache trying to figure out how this unique set of 3 multiples with a beginning root that is not 3 or a multiplicative of 3 could be rolled in to the current Triglavian standard without breaking a lot of rules.

Summary: somebody really high up the chain had to say yes to this decision and begin production of the Rodiva. This is not just a reaction, but a serious shift in decision making for the Trigs.

2 Likes

Very well written.

Some points that I would like to expand on:

• Engages in “Proving” , a form of testing by combat, which all of their vessels undergo
  • Why are the Triglavian interested in Capsuleers

Could the Tier I through Tier V sites be the “Proving Grounds” that you refer too in your article? If the Abyssal sites are in fact proving grounds then the Triglavian ships that we encounter in each site therefore must be a ranked structure for their pilots. Could their pilots increase rank by defeating Drifter ships along with Capsuleer ships thus being promoted from Tier I all the way to Tier V?

If Tier V sites are the hardest sites to run and they are guarded by the Elite Triglavian pilots, where does the elite of the elite go too? We haven’t seen any fortifications other than towers in the Abyssal sites nor have we seen any mining or manufacturing operations which must exist in order for them to build their ships from.

Recalling an incident from an old Earth science fiction story about a similar enemy that was very elusive to find, the Triglavian reminded me of them. In the story numerous ships had fallen prey too an unseen enemy fleet. When Earth forces were dispatched to the planets they met the same fate being nearly torn to shreds by enemy fire but more so their own fire as a result of a ghost fleet being projected that modern weapons couldn’t target but appeared on the gunners grids.

It was only after a massive volley of stray orbital fire from atmospheric interceptors was the reality shattered in front of the fleet commanders eyes. As the first scout ships slipped into the cavernous depths of the tops of the city ships the reality that the fleet commander faced became more grim as his ships would blink off and on from the screen momentarily. When the crews returned they seemed different, overtaken by something that was not them if you will, but not before several suicide attempts were made by the pilots who had ventured too deep into the depths of the city ships.

Several were caught and interrogated but died due to the lack of a fluid that they needed to survive. What Earth scientists had discovered was beyond dismal. The aliens had rapidly scanned the bio-signatures of the pilots that had gone in first and replaced them with clones.

What was even more horrible was that rescue teams later found the 100 or so male and female pilots stripped naked and tossed in piles of ten inside several medical facilities of one of the city ships. The city ship that they had been found was the last to leave the planet and was headed for deep space but had been stopped by a fleet of heavy interceptors. The rescue crews still have nightmares recalling the scene of the hundreds of eyes and mouths of the crews wide open as if their soul had been pulled from them right before their own eyes.

Abysmal to say the least.

So it must therefore be that the Triglavian’s have city ships somewhere in Abyssal space, hidden in the asteroids or in the crushing depths or in some other location that is blocked off only to Triglavian ships. The centers of the Triglavian culture, currently building and manufacturing their ships to keep, what they view are as hostiles coming to destroy them, from venturing any further into the depths where their children live, play and learn.

1 Like

I think the use of logi ships is something they learned from us. Normally they spider tank but logi has its advantages.

The Proving Grounds are a fenced off arena. It is an optional gate that appears in Tier III - V Abyssals. Links 2 pilots running Abyssals concurrently and lets them duke it out for dank loot. City ships could be a possibility, I’m currently looking into one project of that nature. I think it is more likely that they live elsewhere.