[COMPLETED] Extended Downtime Notification - 8 May 2020

As long as they need to.

The dream!

5 Likes

they have offices in other timezones and customer support is manned 24/7, itā€™s not unreasonable.

Anyway, from a fellow developer, keep working hard guys and stay healthy in these times.

3 Likes

What is VIP Mode? ?

Jonesing :slight_smile:

Very important person, I imagine. Likely devā€™s and testers only.

1 Like

For developers and testing purposes only.

1 Like

Who could have imagined that removing those red dots would need such an extended down timeā€¦
Coz that is what it is all about right?
you guys at CCP are finally removing the red dotsā€¦?
ā€¦
Right?
:red_circle: :red_circle: :red_circle: :red_circle: :red_circle: :red_circle: :red_circle: :red_circle: :red_circle:

3 Likes

That is a mode that lets our developers and testers log in to the Tranquility server and perform various checks and tests on a live server before we open the gates and let everyone log in to EVE.

5 Likes

Right , they will replace them with blue donut shaped ones.

Guessed it right on the money :smiley:

Extended Server Downtime to help resist DDoS? SHAZBOT!

Thanks for the hard work folks, keep it up, maybe roll back the resist nerfā€¦keep the shields nerfed though, shields are silly. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Hull tank ftw?

3 Likes

Wow. People that canā€™t take a 4 hour break on a game. And we wonder why CCP give us 7 day skinsā€¦they know their ā€œCrowdā€ for sureā€¦

Please CCP do something with this DDOS. 2 days i cant login in game and in off site. Today tried with VPN - can just loggin to my profile. Ingame loggin still dead. I hope today after DT everething going better! GL!

1 Like

CCP,

Thank you for the update and the work on reducing the impact. I am looking forward to these DDoS attacks stopping and allowing the players to get back into the game.

2 Likes

when your day is done today ā€¦ go and get a beer you deserve one and some pizza ā€¦ or have them delivered either way ā€¦ you do AWESOME work keeping this thing working :slight_smile:

4 Likes

They wonā€™t ever stop, there is always someone(s) out there. Either purposely hitting them, or some ā€œscript kiddieā€ running someone elseā€™s tool just for giggles. Best we can hope for is increasing mitigation that recognizes an rejects false traffic, while still allowing real traffic.

1 Like

Find the source of DDoS. Send Glitter.

1 Like