CONCORD PANIC BUTTON for HISEC space

Okay, you are seriously naive about botting and its abilities, in WOW bots can combat so well that the bots can actually beat real players. Auto-magically calling CONCORD would be beyond child’s play for a bot creator.

Also, fyi. Bots can be made to vary their actions in human response time intervals, making them very hard to detect.

1 Like

As a further note.
Concord does not respond because of the defender. They respond because they monitor pods and the attacker performed an illegal action.
Because shooting another ship is not the only criminal action and it can happen with no witnesses.

Faster than me :slight_smile:

This tbh. Throw some logi on Concord too so the only real gank targets become the afkers. Idk why this game promotes afk gameplay so much it needs to stop.

1 Like

There’s no point for logi here and I have no idea why you’re bringing it up.
If you want to hate on gankers for ganking, then do that somewhere else.

I feel like you’re missing a fundamental point about this topic. But continue to throw out insults like that.

Bots will be safer compared to normal players because if Bots call for Concord as soon as it is possible, they’ll operate the same way it does now. But players have the element of error, and they may not even be able to press the button before they notice what’s going on.

I feel like you’re so obsessed with trying to insult me that you’ve taken to intentionally misunderstanding what I am trying to say. I’m sorry you’re making yourself do that, but please do try to follow the conversation.

Sure, man. I’ll bite.

How is that a problem? The bots are still exactly as safe as they are now and the players, who are at the keyboard, are still exactly as safe as they are now, assuming they’re actually at the keyboard, of course!

It is trivial to make the button easily accessible and reachable, especially via HotKey.

It is trivial to take into account the time it takes for the client’s signal to reach the server, to make sure CONCORD’s response takes the correct amount of time.

Your argument is none. The bots don’t have it safer at all, and even if they had it safer than players, they’d still only have it as safe as they have now. There is no actual problem with this.

“Margin of error” is not an argument against anything! If we’d go that route, CCP would have to balance the whole game around minimizing everyone’s margin of error in the name of imaginary fairness! It’s an invalid argument simply because everyone is suffering from this, and when bots don’t, then that’s not actually a problem! It’s actually helpful!

When bots react instantly, then that could and would easily raise alarm flags, because players wouldn’t react that fast! Bot programmers would be required to add a “human” delay, turning your imaginary issue even more into a non-issue.

Try harder.

3 Likes

All I am getting from this is “Please make it easier for me to gank people in highsec without Concord killing me.”

I don’t see how any of this benefits the game or the players, other than adding a needless extra button to do what already happens with the in-game mechanics.

My argument is that this suggestion doesn’t provide any benefit to the game overall and thus should not be implemented.

If Concord operates mechanically the same way as they do now, how would this “easily raise alarm flags”?

I don’t even have to. You’re making it too easy by just focusing your time on insulting me and avoiding my points.

And now you’re trying to switch the topic!

They’ve been listed above, in another post, and it doesn’t matter if you do or don’t.

You’re literally fishing for something to throw at me, because I’ve blown your last “argument” apart.

Learn to read. It’s expressed easily enough for a child to understand. You failing to understand that it would be noticable in logs when someone consistently reacts faster than anyone else isn’t my problem. You’re just fishing at this point.

You’re trying too hard and you suck at it, too.

I have nothing more to add.

2 Likes

Again, you’re just dodging the points and resorting to insults. I feel like this is a good place to leave the discussion.

The suggested idea is poorly thought out and doesn’t provide any benefit to the game or its players. It serves only to be an extra button with the intent to make ganking in highsec easier without losing ships to Concord.

@Solecist_Project you are more than welcome to insult people contributing to the discussion and attempt to derail the topic with ad hominem attacks. Hope it makes you feel good about yourself to follow me around the forums and insult me like this. :slight_smile:

I will not engage with someone who only knows how to insult and cannot form arguments to address points raised by others. Have a good day. :slight_smile:

Yeah I was joking

I had a similar idea but it was to just have a menu selection where you chose to have Concord come automatically or not if you are attacked. Having Concord come and take your kill isn’t any fun, so it would be nice if some players just rejected Concord entirely. Its not like Concord is actively saving ships anyway. More PVP and less bot rule is welcome.

1 Like

The same way our characters all look human rather than like blobs of orange goo with 5 tentacles. The same way the game uses real human language rather than making it all scribbles. The same way it applies more on-Earth physics we are used to rather than actual outer space physics. This is not complete fantasy at all. If it were no one would even try to play it. Lots of reality is woven into this game and I welcome even more.

2 Likes

If the above isn’t happening.

How does this happen?

If they haven’t saved your ship, you’re dead to a gank. If they have, then you can attempt to kill the gankers. You’re comment makes no sense.

Regards,
Cypr3ss.

Not doing that? Oops didn’t check the name. Was just encouraging bait tactics and a reward to active gameplay.

The combat is not always over when concord arrives after automatically scramming the ganker (while concord is still off grid) and then destroying the ganker in one shot.

I considered asking to have an anti-bot measure, like picture matching or text matching but thought it would be to much to do for most players while being shot.

As for the arguments that bots will use it etc the argument has been already been made that if a bot is programmed to use the button the speed of the bot recorded in the logs could be used to raise flags for such a eula violation.

On the other hand just to take botting into account the response time for concord could be randomized further if the button is pushed within a timeframe that the developers deem to fast for a human.

I disagree that bots can be made utterly undetectable. Apparently I am not the only one according to at least one blogger who is going over an old CCP release about botting https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4TDlTiYPhO8 (a simple google search for eve botting turns up tons of info about botting).

1 Like

I’m against all ideas that put new players in greater risk than is already permitted by the game features. Please abandon this thread.