Connection Lost Frustration

Very frustrating. I experienced the same issue today : constant random disconnection. I have fiber with 2ms ping. Have no issue with other games.

1 Like

Resubbed two days ago after a long break. Now disconnected all the time or not even being able to login. Regretting paying for a game which I cannot even play. Probably not continuing my sub, have to find another game.

1 Like

Also having lots of random disconnects since yestreday. Doesn’t seem to effect all accounts at the same time. Still happens if I only run one account. Can’t really do much in game while I might disconnect at any moment.

1 Like

Cleared the cache, tested other games and internet connection. Everything else working normally, connection being very fast. The only problem software is Eve. Decided to reinstall Eve. However, when trying to start downloading client from https://www.eveonline.com/download, chrome blocks the download page as being suspicious. What a piece of crab this game has become.

So I went and canceled my sub. Happy I didn’t waste more time, money and effort this time.

1 Like

I’ve been getting disconnected every 5-10 mins or so ever since DT… Please do something about this CCP!

Just lost a Gecko drone and my drone was in deep, deep hull when I was able to reconnect…
What the hell is going on? Getting disconnected from chat servers and the game very often.

I just came back after a long hiatus.

Well, did my last try. I reinstalled Eve and deleted everything client related from my pc. Booted the pc and router, etc, etc. For 50 minutes everything was ok, and i dared to start a mission. 10 minutes later, dc during a mission fight. When I was able to log in again (10 minutes later), my ship was gone. Flew my pod back, logged out and surely not logging in for a while.

Of course MMO providers have sometimes logging and other issues. But… for example Blizzard immediately informs the players in launcher, stating that they are aware of the problem and fixing it. CCP is too arrogant for informing anything. Instead, it seems that CCP is blaming players and ISP companies for their problems. I don’t know if that is related to their old technology or incompetent staff. Leaving a ticket has never solved anything,

It’s really a pity, used to love this game. Now it is simply unplayable.

1 Like

New day new wave of disconnects. Any info from devs would be great…

1 Like

I have disconnected 4 or 5 times today. I hope CCP provides some feedback on this issue. CCP should offer some assistance even for players to help prove to our ISP, sine other wise we end up in blame pingpong between CCP and ISP.

Update: Now I cant even log in with out disconnecting…

no changes in hardware or software or isp in the last week and started getting dced 3 days ago happened 2 times the first day around 5 the next and today has been happening every 20mins to an hour i have lost a ship in pvp because of this issue yesterday and almost lost another in pve today luckly the npc combat timer ran out before i died and my ship automaticly warped off
edit: launcher has started to lag and the 2 last times ive tried to log in due to dcing have been hit with the same issue within 10mins one of them while writing this and the client itself also lags a lot
edit 2: after logging in tried to open my inventory window lagged got dced within 30 sec this is becoming unplayable

well this is new. havent had any significant problems playing ever. Now im decing multiple times a day, starting like 3 or four days ago.

same here, never got a dc before on my current ISP ( with them for over 2 years ) suddenly after last “no downtime wednesday” I’m getting DCed. First it was twice a day around 7pm CET and 9pm CET, but it got worse over next days, untill the point of getting disconnected almost instantly after I log in into the game. After each DC I can’t log back in into the game + getting launcher msgs about connection error ( can use my service normally with anything else in the same time ). CCP focus on fixing that garbage before adding more nonsense gambling BS into the game. You are getting paid to deliver working service.

I’m having the same problems… Since “no downtime” last Wednesday I’ve been getting an increasing number of disconnects. Initially it was once every few hours, but now it’s getting worse. After getting disconnected this evening I am having trouble logging in (connection time-out/reset errors), and when I finally do get in, I just get disconnected again right away. Did that 3 or 4 times… no joy. For me the game is unplayable at the moment.

EDIT: Logged in the next day after downtime and played for an hour - no problems! We’ll see what happens, I suspect that the disconnects are related to the chat issues that are also being reported.

Same problem for me. Disconnections at random moments, even when I am not active in the game like doing jumpgates. Today already 12 times or so. And on moment I even can’t reconnect again, error message about IP adress problems. And no communication at all from CCP that they have a greater issue.

This post which points to a few tweets from one of the CCP people may explain the issues everyone in this thread is seeing.

Of course, someone from CCP posting on the CCP Eve Forum is just crazy talk, so I guess as long as you follow each individual devs twitter you’ll be across all the important updates/issues :expressionless:

Regards,
Cypr3ss.

2 Likes

I’d assume it’s one of those “the dev can post on their twitter, but not the status twitter” things.
I will talk to the community team about it though.

1 Like

As in a CCP (internal) policy thing?

Can you ask them to make a bot that scrapes the ‘status twitter’ and throws up a post on the forum? Pretty please! :slight_smile: Even if it had it’s own sub-section (cause I get that tweets aren’t exactly ‘awesome communication’) that would be wonderful!

Regards,
Cypr3ss.

I was actually thinking more along the lines of “didn’t have the password for.” rather than a policy.

Ahhh, one of those things :slight_smile: Cool cool.

Regards,
Cypr3ss.

Eperiance same thing till i even lost a ship by it.
Could not find a cause till i watch a YT vid where they changed advanced settings of networkadapter wich did it for me.
The setting: speed duplex setting must be changed from auto in max speed and full duplex.
Browsing seems bit more faster to and have since then no lag or disconnect in EVE.

1 Like