Connection Lost Frustration

Great! Problem solved then, thanks for your
input.

1 Like

Hi guys i have the same problem the last 24 hours. Getting disconnected like every 10 minutes. Did any of u find a solution that works?

I keep having random disconnects ever 4-5 minutes, and other times every 20-30 for the last 30+ hours.

I have cleared cache, disabled ipv6, rebooted a few times, rooter reset.

The errors from the log are (about 20 of them):
EXCEPTION #21 logged at 03/10/20 12:15:08 : Socket closed with Exception

Formatted exception info:
error: [Errno 10054] An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host: ‘recv operation failed’

Common path prefix = c:/buildagent/work/d2d8a22a74178531/eve/release/release

Caught at:

/packages/bluepy/__init__.py(42) CallWrapper
/carbon/common/script/net/machoNet.py(4720) TransportReader
(2) Read
/packages/ccpProfile/blueTaskletImplementation.py(40) Wrapper
/carbon/common/script/net/machoNetTransport.py(506) Read
/carbon/common/script/net/GPS.py(842) EncryptedRead
/carbon/common/script/net/SocketGPS.py(501) Read

Thrown at:
/carbon/common/script/net/SocketGPS.py(473) Read
/carbon/common/stdlib/socket.py(235) meth
args = ()
name = 'recvpacketoob'
self = 

Thread Locals: session was 
Stackhash: -709809539

Reported from: stdlogutils
EXCEPTION END

GameUI::OnDisconnect - Unknown msg= Network communication between your computer and the EVE Online server has been interrupted. 
This may be caused by local internet connectivity issues, by a server reboot, or by a temporary network disruption between your location and the EVE Online data center.

Hi, I also keep getting disconnects since yesterday every 10 mins or so.

When I skip using the Wi-Fi home netwerok and connect my laptop using my phone through mobile tethering, everything works well and was online for more than 5 hours without any d/c issue.

It is quite frustrating though not to be able to use the home wi-fi network.

CCP plz fix this or get back to us with a reply at least on what to look for so as to solve it.

I also just resubbed to the game after almost 3 years and will not renew the subscription if I keep getting this connection problem.

Thanks

If the problem os happening on one network, and not the other, it isn’t a CCP problem - something is wrong with either your wifi card, your wifi router, your modem, your ISP, or one of the paths between your ISP and CCP, which is a different path than your mobile phone uses via cellular data.

1 Like

I moved to a new place 300km away from my old home. New connection went online on Tuesday. Friday the game started crashing every 15’. It might crash at 5’, but never more than 15’ of stable client. I run 2 accounts, sometimes both would crash, sometimes only 1. It happened regardless if the pilot was in space, in station or in log-in screen. The first DC cost me a ship (nothing crazy) and 30’ minutes of travel time wasted.
The issue persists till now. Someone suggested to me to get on a VPN. I tried a free trial version. 2 hours logged in via VPN, no disconnects. I wanted to test the issue, so I left the VPN and reconnected. Sure enough, 10’ later, both accounts DCed. I’m gonna get both accounts running after the servers are up again today, test without VPN once to see if the server reset hepled any. Then I’m gonna run the accounts non-stop via the VPN and report my results back here.
I never wanted to use VPN, never had reason to. I find it useless considering I don’t have any secure connections to make from home, and greek authorities aren’t anywhere close to USA in monitoring issues.
If my experiment proves that VPN makes my connection stable, I don’t know what to do after that. Paying even more for a game that half the time feels like it’s still in beta is chaffing, but I love the community, the drama, my corp mates, the craziness, the thrill.
I’d appreciate it if any IT experts could explain my results.

Using a VPN re-routes your connection to the CCP server through different nodes of internet connectivity.

It’s important to understand that the internet is not a single cohesive structure - it is made up of millions of component parts that are physically linked together, and there are routing rules established that determine ‘optimal’ paths between point A and point Z. Much like an highway system, internet routing is subject to unexpected blockages and deterioration with time - especially in high-volume traffic situations.

Say you are trying to drive from City A to City B. Without the VPN, your route is running into issues around an intersection between A and B - maybe a bridge is out, or there is roadwork and traffic is closed down to one lane, leading to significant delays. With the VPN, you detour around to City C first, then proceed from City C to City B by an entirely different path, skipping around the messed ip part of the road network. While the path is longer, the speeds stay high, so any delays vs the normal route are tiny and imperceptible to most processes.

1 Like

the thing is that for 4 months i didnt have any disconnection. It started 2 days ago. An there are a lot of people with the same issue. Are we sure that it isnt Eves fault??

No, but jumping to blame CCP without research into the more common alternatives isn’t particularly fair, either. There are a couple of things you can do to try and rule out routing issues - some of which are actually built into the client launcher.

The very first thing to try when having localized issues (that is, EVE is the only service experiencing issues), is running a traceroute on your connection to the EVE servers. That process (see Google/YouTube/etc for instructions) will show if there is a drop in connectivity between you and EVE - and those kinds of issues absolutely can start up ‘out of nowhere’ due to a number of factors (changes in routing by your ISP, a node taking a DDoS attack and losing packets in the mess, physical infrastructure issues like a failing network component, etc - and even things like Cloudflare or Amazon Web Services suffering an outage will have wide-reaching impacts). If you see packet loss or serious delays before hitting the EVE server, CCP can do absolutely nothing to fix that - but you may have options to remediate the issue (depending on your ISP/network administration accesses).

Not sure what it was, but it only affected connection to Eve/TQ, not Singularity or any other service. Also only lasted from Friday to Sunday night, whatever it was, it’s either gone or has been fixed.
Several people had the issue come up at the same time, bug reports were sent and it works again.

What you’re saying makes sense to a layman like me. What you’re not saying is how a layman can resolve the issue. I’m blaming neither you nor CCP, I’m just stating facts. I found a sticky from CCP on the forums, which suggests creating a specific ticket about the issue.
Regarding the VPN, here’s the 24h experimentation results:
With VPN “A” (I’m trying not to advertize anything), no disconnects for 10h straight. With VPN “B” I couldn’t even connect to EVE. Both trials, “A” was a free trial, “B” was providing a 30 day guarantee, which I used after an hour of failed attempts to connect.
Since I came back from work today, Eve has been running with no issues without a VPN. It also runs with no issues with VPN “A”. Considering the fact that quite a few people had issues, I’d have appreciated it if any officials had come up and given us “the talk”.

Not all things are resolvable by a layman, though, and depend on exactly what is happening and where it is happening.

My point is that doing the most basic troubleshooting can at least tell you if CCP has any chance of being able to help in the situation, or if it is a wider internet issue that is out of their control.

The issue has been resolved (by itself).

I used a free VPN for 2 days to maintain connectivity while checking now and then if without the vpn the connections was working properly.

And since yesterday, it returned to normal. I guess there was some network problems with the isp or something that has been resolved.

Now it is me who is having this errno=10054 right when I log in, this started since last Friday, it doesn’t stop, i just reset my router to factory settings (i’ve played EVE for months using factory settings) and EVE is the only software that I am having problems. I am getting disconnects on Discord too, but i’ts ok-ish. Only EVE dies right after logging in.

I have no idea how to fix this, I turned the firewall off, changed DNS, reset my DNS setting, etc. I use Windows 10 fully updated and did all these with no results:

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
sfc /scannow
ipconfig /flushdns
netsh winsock reset catalog
netsh int ip reset
netsh int ipv4 reset reset.log
netsh int ipv6 reset reset.log

Nothing changed, I am still getting disconneted. I contacted my ISP, everything is fine supposedly and they even sent a technician over here who found no problems.

I’m stuck and I can’t play EVE.

disconnects all day today

I have same thing for several days now.Disconnects every 2-5 min.

Been having this issue as well

Btw, have mostly 3 Clients running on same computer.
2 toons keep d/c every days… only difference, those two toons hav subs on multiple chan.

The only toon who never d/c is the one with only local and corp channel.
Have removed all channel on all my char… no more d/c…

Surely a chat issue.

Been playing eve since mid May 2020, no problem until yesterday, keep losing connections like every 5 - 10 min with any account I’ve tried (login one by one, no multi box). The logs are the same always:

EXCEPTION #25 logged at 30/10/20 16:42:27 : Socket closed with Exception

Formatted exception info:
error: [Errno 10054] Connection reset by peer: 'recv operation failed’

I’ve lost an augmented vespa because of this, now I don’t even dare to undock. Anyone here can share some idea what can be done? Below is what I’ve done:

• restart router
  • reset to other google DNS
  • running the Network diagnostics Tool: Basic, trace route, Download Test, SSL, don’t see anything abnormal
  • refresh and restart eve launcher
  • verified the shared cache
  • restart computer

ps: os is macOS 10.15.7

Im having same issues. Disconnecting non stop all day today.

No other issues with my internet. ]

Run Netwokr diagnostic, request timed out.