Constant Disconnects

I downloaded eve online all of a week ago. I have a help ticket pending, after sending the logs CCP asked for, and will update here if and when thet get back to me.

In my case I suspect it is a problem specific to my laptop, an MSI gaming laptop purchased April 2020. The reason I say that is that I can login to the game fine, today, on my wife’s dinky old Dell but remain unable to do so even still with my laptop, which also is hahing problems connecting to Terraforming Mars and Tabletop Simulator via Steams servers. The weird thing is my wife’s Dell is running those games with NO PROBLEM at all.

I even just went through the trouble of trying a complete Windows 10 reset tonight, only to get the exact same problems with Eve online and my other games (didn’t get eve from Steam).

Wireless or wired? Also did you try using a different version of the driver?

I’d look for people who live in your general area …
… and ask them if they have the same ISP and or experienced the same.

Also I’d try a VPN to see if the disconnects still happen.

That’d give information to work with.

Also, in case you’re on WiFi …
… try using a cable connection and …
… try sitting right next to it and …
… check for potential interference.

Microwaves can kill your connection and possibly other things too,
but I only know of microwaves. Maybe you’ve bought something new recently?

Always worth considering if things changed at home
… which might be influencing the connection to your router/modem.

1 Like

Here is what I got back today from CCP:

Hello again,

Thank you for the files provided. I can see there is several packet loss in your network which is most likely the cause of your disconnections.

In cases like this one, I recommend taking the following actions:

If connecting through WiFi, check for interference and change the channel or switch to a wired connection
Limit the speed of any downloads that may be running alongside the game (streaming services etc.)
Reset the router and make sure that its firmware (drivers) are up to date.
Use an alternative DNS such as Google DNS.
If that does not work, you may want to contact your ISP and let them know you are having an unstable connection to tranquility.servers.eveonline.com and you are having several packet loss when connecting to the internet. They might help you stabilize your connection.

You can find more information on network related issues in the following page:

NETWORK COMMUNICATION BETWEEN YOUR COMPUTER AND THE EVE ONLINE SERVER HAS BEEN INTERRUPTED.

I hope this clears things up for you, if you have any further questions or issues, please let me know and I will be happy to help.

1 Like

I am going to try an ethernet cable connection next, and contact my ISP if that doesn’t work. Router firmware was already updated, and router restarted, before I sent my logs to them. I also changed the DNS to google but it didn’t help.

What is messing with me is my wife’s computer on the same wifi network is having no problems connecting and maintaining eve online, right next to my computer which keeps getting disconnected! This makes NO SENSE to me!

Connected the ethernet from my modem directly to my computer. Game worked just fine. Did factory reset of modem and router, modem to computer tested again and worked just fine. Wifi, still get disconnect error on my machine but no problems on wife’s machine.

Anyone have any ideas? This is driving me insane. Did a packet loss test, had zero packet loss on that test from my machine over wifi…

This is why I asked you if you were wireless or wired a few posts ago.

You’d be surprised at all the issues wireless cards could have. Drivers that have various compatibility issues with software, improperly connected internal wi-fi antennae, etc.

2 Likes

Hi Destiny, just wondering if you have any troubleshooting ideas for fixing the wireless on my other laptop?

Update or roll back the driver. Maybe get a tool that tests the stability of your connection (to check for drops). No concrete ideas, since it could be anything. But if you get dropped connections doing other things, then it’s likely your wireless card, or some kind of driver issue.

The upside to constant disconnects is that they’re reliable.
You can count on them to happen!
There’s comfort in the consistency!

Imagine they’d happen irregularly!
A day without, then three in twelve hours!

It’d be pure chaos!

You’re not properly approaching this.
You didn’t post the model name of your WiFi thingy.
You didn’t post if other people with your notebook model had similar issues.
You didn’t mention if the problem improves when you’re sitting next to the router.

What’s the model name of the WiFi hardware?

Look into the device manager and post it.
Have you actually checked in the device manager if it’s marked?

Example of a perfectly fine one:

When you have the name …
… google if other people are having issues with that thing.

If they don’t …
… google for people having similar issues with the same machine.

If they don’t …
… open your notebook and check if it’s properly screwed in and seated in its slot.

If it is, run your machine under heavy load …
… then turn it off …
… and check if it’s hot.

There.
Start with the hardware first.

That’s because you’re not considering that it might be a problem with the hardware in your machine.

Another route is checking if there might be electromagnetic interference.
An old TV, a microwave, stuff like that.

2 Likes

But you still want to investigate that right? I mean, maybe not for you, but to improve customer satisfaction by providing info about it for future cases. Then they will be sure its not specifically your service problem.

1 Like

You’re a nasty little hater, Nana.

1 Like

And who said they didn’t internally investigate? I’d bet isk they did. It’s not a requirement to tell us everything that goes on inside the walls of their company.

I just care about customer (mine) satisfaction, thats all.

Also :psyccp:

It’s pretty hard to investigate a connection issue that happened in October. They looked into it back then and couldn’t find the cause, hence ‘specific unknown problem’, so what makes you think that they can find the cause now, while the problem has not existed for months?

Surely you do not want CCP devs to waste their time?

Yeah but claiming that it would help anyone is just silly.
It’s not going to reduce the amount of complaints and tickets.

If a huge sign “LOOK IT’S NOT OUR FAULT” would help anything …
… everyone would be using one.

Oh boy, what a risky bet!
Putting virtually nothing of value on the line!

Sheesh, mate, how can you!?
Think of your children !!!1111oneoneone

You clearly have …the patience of a Saint…

If that would be waste of time for them, why they work there?

Sorry, I dont buy this:

since metrics do not indicate any large-scale wide-spread issues, then there is some probability that this is a network issue that would be located near each player

Thats why I asked for further investigation, which I am sure they will do. Or not, because its a “waste of time”. What do you think? When you will not be able to connect, I dont wish that to you if you stil play at all, maybe you will understand. I had some issues that I dealed with myself, but not many people know what to do and are left on their own, or eventually maybe CCP writes something like that, that its happening only to small portion of players (so they will not waste time, like you wrote).

Would you be happy then? :thinking:

This temporary issue (that fixed itself) is three months old.

If it happened last week, sure, let them investigate. But now? Recreating the exact scenario of 3 months ago that depends on a lot of external factors is likely impossible. On top of that the issue did not repeat itself which makes troubleshooting even harder. Let it be.