Constantly Disconnects "The Socket is closed"

Had no problems until today. Logged 2 characters in, tried warping to a gate, got disconnected. I can’t even go from station to gate or station to station for it will “Close the Socket”. I dont know whats going on, but CCP needs to fix this and address it.

Getting this on a daily basis as well recently. Today was particularly bad. This ■■■■ needs to get fixed or I’ll start unsubbing accounts

UK here as well

What solved it for me was to use a VPN what an exit in USA (I live in Sweden). Try Tunnelbear, they give 500MB/Month for free. EVE uses almost no bandwidth. Just make sure to download all game data first via launch menu > Settings > Download everything.

My problems seem to go away if I enable the SPI Firewall on my router. When I turned the SPI Firewall off again the problems returned. I have had no lost connections for hours. Up from one every three minutes.

I also stopped playing over a year ago because of this issue. Sad to see nothing has changed.

I’m unsubbing my secondary accounts since this issue is still not solved to this date. It’s baffling that CPP can’t solve a basic connectivity issue or at least work with us to get more info. It’s clearly not something related to individual machines or even ISPs, the same issue is reported by people in the US, Sweeden, UK, Germany etc

2 Likes

Got this problem just few days ago. Reisntalled client, checked client integrity, checked all cable connections, checked package losses - all is fine on my side. I didn’t figured it out yet, but i feel like it is once in an hour.
In a meantime my browser works just fine, I can watch 4k videos online just fine. Whatta…!&?
Can’t have at least some responce from tech support here?
Ukraine here.

Loged in, opened help channel. Gonna take a look at time when it disconnects again.

UPD: 2 Disconnects in last hour. Internet is stable.
UPD: +3 Disconnects this evening, switched routers. Called ISP, claims the only time my session was off - when changed routers.

Last time I almost lost a ship, cause login instantly decloaks you and i landed right on a grid of hostile fleet in a wormhole.

I’ve also started experienced this issue after the last extended downtime. Disconnections occur in a couple of minutes - a few hours after the client starts.
In addition to all of the above, I tried to change the port from 26000 to 3724 and this didn’t help. Disconnections also occur on the SINGULARITY server (rarely than on the TRANQUILITY).
Ukraine too.

I also have the same Issue. I get the message after a completely random time…

Copypasting from another thread.

I struggled a bit with chat and socket closes recently. I went into my router and disabled the firewall for the router, which is basically just a DoS protection, as well as allowed incoming ICMP which seems to have magically fixed the issue.

The firewall has not been an issue with any other games, so it’s still something specific to EVE, but at least it works now.

Also make sure you reboot the router after changing settings.

1 Like

copy pasta here too:

I’ve been having constant socket closed errors when leaving grinds after destroying citadels, and also when changing grids in general it would happen randomly.

I just tested a fix by using my ISP provided router in modem mode, and that fixed the issue. So it;s my router in this case. I’ve ordered one to use instead of the ISP one (virgin media SuperHub 2ac, which are pretty bad)

Hope this helps some of you guys

1 Like

indeed, almost every socket closed I’ve ever had has been a local issue. Might need to update router firmware or try a new modem.

I had this every few minutes, tried all the suggested answers. In the end I solved it by turning on the SPI firewall (stateful firewall) on my router. Hasn’t happened since.

1 Like

Here we are again. Exactly one year after the last alliance tournament, the hourly disconnects are back. It def has something to do with the alliance tournament - 100%

Currently having the same issue on my laptop. i have a desktop as well and it worked perfectly fine on my desktop with same router connection. so i’m not sure what the issue is exactly.

im having this issue, oddly enough it tends to only occur to one account, and other account that is open has no issues

This is a VERY long thread from 2012, which makes it clear this is a long standing problem with EVE. CCP may be right that the ‘problem’ lies with nodes outside their control, but even if true, it is bad game design to create a system which is so finnicky and prone to error. Others games don’t have this continuing problem.

https://eve-search.com/thread/115292-1/page/1

1 Like

no reason we shouldnt continue this thread into 2020. my connection lasts anywhere between 0 seconds to 2 minutes. same issue, DC, closed sockets. i had a 2 or 3 day window of everything being fine. enough time to make me tell the EVE support guy that they can close the ticket. but we’re back at it again.

literally every other online game i play runs just fine.

1 Like

Have you tried a VPN?