CSM 13 - High Sec Issues/Suggestions/Ideas

Oh, and what are my goalposts which CCP obliged and I just moved them away?

Adding new missions periodically? (since 2010)
NPC interaction to add value to standings? (since 2011)
PvE-only rewards? (since 2012)
Adding cosmethic structures to serve as housing? (since 2013)
Developing PvE based on simple problems with multiple solutions as opposed to complex problems with a few optimal solutions? (since 2015)

It’s the year of the lord 2019 and please, tell me, WHAT of those goalposts between 4 and 9 years old has CCP obliged?

(Not to mention avatar-related goalposts like releasing all clothing items in the Singularity store, adding extra hair colors, adding nail polish or recovering the coppery skin from the initial Incarna skintypes… plus a lot more things I can’t remember now, both PvE, highsec and avatar related)

1 Like

Have returned to EVE after 3-4yrs away, fro 2007 -2013 lost one ship to ganking, in last two months have lost 4. This is despite setting safe bookmarks, etc. Today lost a crane with 3sec align time docking in amarr!! Cargo value was zip…this is the second transport I’ve lost in 2 weeks! As an industrialist I transport stuff all over eve. Am a solo player, and like it that way. There is not enough isk in manufacturing to loose 1/2 bill isk every month. I am not interested in pvp, understand the risks, and expect to loose ships in low sec/null sec. somethings not right in the gameplay, if you can get easily ganked in 1.0 space docking at station. Now I will not fly a tech 1 industrial, to high a risk for the reward. Gameplay needs to be rebalanced to reduce the risk of ganking in hi-sec. If I want to pvp I can go to low sec/nul sec. love eve, love the complexity, always something new! Just sometimes want to make stuff, mine stuff, ship stuff with lower risks. I can get the adrenaline rush of pvp on a PS4 game.

1 Like

Yeah, T1 Indys are pretty much useless. Switch over to Blockade Runners and DST for transport or hire Red Frog or others to haul for you. Course if you want to push the envelope a bit, there is a great video of a guy farming gankers at Jita as he undocks using a T1 Indy…lots of fun.

Have some more blockade runners and DST’s in manufacture, had the last one since 2008!! Agree that T1 industrials are now just bait… will check out the vid, maybe need to turn the tide. Have an expidition frig, fitted to hit gankers in the belts, time to put it to good use…

Since it’s balancing year I have a suggestion for HS combat sites.

We need some sort of unification what sort of hulls may enter sites across all pirate factions (for example I can enter guristas hideout with cruiser but I can’t lookout with one).

T3C has been nerfed. There is no need to lock them out of some HS sites. I think they should enter ded 4 sites.

In regards to Wardecs… At the current time we’re missing a certain something from this, Either the aggressor should by rights have to issue the declaration of war from there own structure with said structure’s location showing up on the declaration, or we need Locator agent’s available to locate player owned structure’s. Only seem’s fair that the aggressor then potentially has something to lose.

This is part of the changes we expect will be finished this Spring - attackers will have to designate a war structure and it’s location will be given to the defenders. If it blows up, the war ends.

1 Like

Not just exclusive to HS, but what in the heck does the “hi traffic” icon on the gate actually represent? I’ve popped through a gate with indications of heavy traffic on the other side and encountered one person. If there is too much delay or aggregate time stats used, the icon really isn’t helpfull.

In the same vein, how about being able to show TiDi effected systems on both the overall game map as well as indicated on a jump gate? I would think it would help CCP clear areas faster and help prevent feeding in more data points for the server to handle.

So how do I manage that as a solo player? My only option is to not have a structure thereby still restricting my own indy game play.

No I’m not paying mercs or joining a large corp and alliance…

Why should a solo player be given benefit over an organized team?

Because CCP market the game as any player being able to play solo if they wish.

Get a lot of alts.

You can’t solo everything in this game, and I’ve never seen it marketed as being soloable.

You can play the game solo, however but you will do better if you have an organized team on your side also.

Is that the best you can come up with?

Re-watch the fanfest presentation about playing EVE, the cinematic one. I’m pretty sure it states yet again that you can do anything you want, solo, or as part of a corp.

Do you think I don’t know that? I’ve been in large and small corps and in major alliances.

But I got sick to the back teeth of having to do yet another mining operation to fuel another structure, or another anomaly op to boost the corp funds etc etc.

Which presentation?

And again, you can’t solo everything in the game, and the game isn’t advertised that way. Yes, there are plenty of things you can do solo. Not this.

Amsterdam first day. There was a short cinematic film promoting EVE.

what year? saying amsterdamn day doesn’t mean squat without a year.

thats like saying they said at fanfest we could have customizable skins. well without saying what year, you’d never know which fanfest it was

Where have we just had a fanfest? Wake up.

At least in hi-sec people with low security ratings should appear in local chat with a red box. Newbs are still gonna get ganked but at least they will be able to blame themselves rather than blame EVE and quit for it. People in hi-sec tend to need more heads up than just a red box on people on grid…if they even have the right overview up. Seriously, allowing pirates/gankers to be masked in local (except for a show info click on every damn character that appears) is beyond the pale in favor of gankers and pirates…and with their spies about they don’t even need the advantage.