[DAEV4] Thebeka III Freeport Aid Stations

When there’s an internal rebellion, “Fake Veik,” loyal entities set their differences aside and put a stop to it, even if some among them might have some sympathy for the rebels. You seem to be under the impression that I’m a squeamish and weak person, and maybe compared to you I am. I don’t want my life to be a dark stain on this world.

That doesn’t mean I can’t see my duties as Directrix Daphiti’s retainer clearly. They don’t include tolerating or encouraging a Sabik-induced breach of the peace and sovereignty of the Amarr Empire. We need to end this. The issues will remain once the revolt is over, but for now we have our orders and our duty.

There’s no test in following an easy path-- something I’d expect you to understand, Veikitamo Gesakaarin of Kaalakiota. Though it’s not clear to me you (or your handler[s?]) have ever faced that kind of challenge. To you, I expect, “duty” is something easy.

No-- I take that back. You’ve probably gotten bored while on duty at some point. That must’ve been pretty hard.

2 Likes

Babe, a blade is only a blade when it cuts, and a life without worthy enemies to cut is no life for a blade.

I’m certainly not going to retire and settle down with a nice little family after a trite redemption story.

I’m going to die on the battlefield with the taste of blood on my lips where I belong.

1 Like

Only if those ‘loyal entities’ hold their loyalty as a principle more dear than compassion, or justice. Killing people for attempting to be free is not restoring ‘peace’… just ‘quiet’.

And yet, that’s exactly the path you’re following. The one that costs you the least.

3 Likes

Not all of us live the same way, and not all of us will die the same way.

Temper your view depending on the person.

1 Like

So, Arrendis? There’s a basic difference in the way you, plus most of the Matari who post here, and I see this world.

To me, order comes first. It comes first because I regard civilization as a prerequisite to improving things, and because chaos plays into the hands of multiple deadly enemies, all of them slavers.

People in a state of chaos do not become more open or trusting of others. They do not become more considerate of others’ welfare. They close the shutters, seal the doors, arm themselves, and protect their own. And that’s just Caldari Prime-in-a-hard-winter style chaos. Add in a bunch of highly-opportunistic bandit gangs strong enough to verge on being civilizations in their own right, and things get really troublesome.

Then we add in the fact that some of those bandits, and the instigators of this little event, are Sani Sabik, what I’d frankly describe as chaos cultists because their understanding of the world comes closest to reality in such a situation and because their philosophy tends to encourage moving towards exactly that.

Burn the world? “Anything’s better than this?” To the Abyss with that.

There is no justice in this world. All there is, is a bunch of humans struggling to bring something worthy of that name into being. But the success of that project depends on being able to maintain the order in which such a thing can grow. Revert to chaos, and the world goes straight back to might-makes-right.

Maybe that doesn’t sound so bad to you. Maybe you think you’re well-situated to inflict your vision of “right” on the world. But for myself?

Yes, I’ll take “quiet” where I can find it and work on “justice” later. It’s the only way I can see a path forward as a thing that even exists. I have my duty, and I have reasons for holding that “duty” in high regard. If that makes me a villain to you, or anyone else, that’s fine. There’s only one person in this world whose judgment I will accept.

I made a promise: loyalty unto death. I take it seriously. And you’re quite right: to break my promise and lose my integrity and self-respect would indeed cost me dearly. If that makes obedience “the easy path,” so be it.

Where I am is exactly where I should be.

1 Like

No.

//post tax

1 Like

Fine; don’t say you weren’t advised.

1 Like

Civilization might be a prerequisite for improving things, Aria, but that doesn’t make that civilization one that has ever done anything vaguely resembling ‘improving things’ for anyone but themselves.

They created the very ‘bandits’ and ‘cultists’ you bemoan. They inflicted on everyone else the chaos that is now rebounding back upon themselves. So yes, I agree with you: civilization is a pre-requisite for improving things. Hopefully, some day, civilization can take root in places like Domain, rather than simply decadent parasitism masquerading as it.

5 Likes

This is the IGS, it is made for unsolicited advice I mostly ignore.

3 Likes

Fair point.

1 Like

Done.

I consider the agreement complete.

5 Likes

Eyes confirm, they have been taken down. The Thebeka conflict seems to be coming to an end within a couple of weeks or so as it is.

DAEV4 has chosen to put up a new citadel only a day after removing its raitarus. While such stipulations were not arranged for in the agreement, and it does not break the letter of the agreement, I consider the spirit of it violated. I think I can speak for everyone involved in saying: In any future conflict, no settlements will be offered.

I wouldn’t worry.

This one isn’t for the planet.

3 Likes

I’ll be awaiting your war dec, then.

So much for the word of an Angel.

Did you see the bit where the agreement was completed?

Or the bit where none of you ever stipulated I actually leave?

I saw those bits.

8 Likes

I did. All very technically true. All blatantly against the spirit of the agreement.
So all this did was show that you can’t be trusted further than you can be forced to be.

The moment someone becomes technically trustworthy, they can never be trusted again.

2 Likes

Sort of the same way that putting up a military base and calling it a hospital is against the spirit of a hospital?

I mean I guess you’d know.

You’ll note, at no point have I ever called it a hospital. Strawman harder, boyo.