Daily junk

I have made my peace with the inevitable demise of Eve. There is nothing to fear.

I don’t believe CCP monitors stuff all that closely. The game is on autopilot. Sometimes they add something new, but mostly it just coasts along, making money.

2 Likes

CCP has long replaced the majority of the game’s normal PC gamers with mobile freemium gaming transplants. At this point, when one of their little schemes stops working well, they’ll just replace it with an equally bad (or worse) one, instead of reversing course, like they did when we burned Jita, for example.

Burn Jita forced CCP to make a theatrical concession at the time - but the long-term trajectory of the game was not changed.

And none of that changes anything I said.

I have zero sympathy for people who want to come complain on the forums that they get free stuff they don’t want along with free stuff they do want.

1 Like

Technically it is free junk, not free stuff.

2 Likes

No it’s just stuff. One persons junk is another persons treasure.

1 Like

Junk.

I can immediately name one, War Thunder. Although irc, the daily rewards are redeemed automatically and progress is reset if you miss a day or two. The big rewards however are worth considerably more than EVE’s big rewards with the ability to earn premium currency while EVE only gives crappy jump filaments.

That would be an interesting reward. I wonder how much it’ll go for on Contracts. Quite a bit of flatulence there already.

I seen a few people saying my complaining is down to entitlement or laziness… just to be clear, I would have no issues at all with this whole daily log in free loot box idea being scrapped entirely, in fact, this is what I would suggest.

My point is purely that, if I’m offered a beautiful permanent skin for my ship on day 6 of the daily rewards, but before I can get it, I have to accept and delete 5 tech 1 frigate BPCs, it’s annoying!

Maybe some of you have no issues with notifications popping around and a messy redeem queue, but that’s not me. The sheet must be clear and the notifications must be gone.

Claiming 15 tech 1 frigate BPCs and then deleting them all just to get the decent reward is just tedious…

Just remove the whole idea, I don’t care for free stuff AT ALL, but if everyone else is getting it, I don’t want to put my self at a disadvantage by declining free SP and Skins due to being a clean freak that doesn’t want 500 useless junk BPCs lying around…

Despite my seemingly flippant response earlier, I do agree with your overall sentiment. A messy UI that constantly forces you to click what amount to app modal dialog boxes is not always a good choice.

An “Ignore/dump gifts to hanger” check box might be in order.

Well then don’t click it and leave it there for others who DO like it and for newbies who might be enticed to keep logging in and keep playing till they are “hooked”.

Just because you don’t like something why should others be robbed of it? How much if an egocentric person are you? Not everything is about you.

3 Likes

I’m very egocentric bordering on egotistical, I mean the word ‘aloof’ is my middle name and IDGAF is my moniker but even I wouldn’t complain about something as trivial as “free junk”. I take what I want and the rest I jettison out in space. It could be useful for another rookie. One man’s junk is another man’s treasure ( now, why does that sound not right? :thinking: )

1 Like

Exactly, so if its not for me, or about me, then give me the option to only take the SP, which obviously everyone needs in EVE Online, and nobody is ever going to decline.

That way, I can take the SP so I don’t end up in a disadvantaged position, and you get to collect all your useless junk boxes that you’re so in love with, or believe new players love.

My point is to remove the attachment from the SP and the ‘new player grabbing’ junk boxes.

1 Like

As others have said, just ignore it. It doesn’t hurt you.

You really don’t. You can literally just drag the items you want at the login screen up to the character to receive the items and ignore the rest. The daily rewards have a relatively short expiration.

So again, drag the items you want from the login screen to the character screen, then login and delete the rest from the redeem window. It’s not that hard.

Do you really think the relatively small amount of SP puts you at a disadvantage, as a character with 60+ million SP already? The FOMO is strong with this one.

They’re already separated. There’s a button and a corresponding panel for each of them, SP panel and “junk” panel. All you have to do is log in, click on a toon and click on either button.
How hard is it to ignore one of those buttons? Not very hard at all.
Your complaint is so freaking trivial. I’d be ashamed to have started such an entitled thread if I were you.

1 Like

Seriously? What’s so entitled about not wanting junk thrown at me when I play the game I come to when I want to relax?

Do you even know the meaning of the word or are you just one of these new breeds that protest anything your not interested in. I believe it’s you who is entitled as any other opinion but your own you reject so fiercely.

So let me clarify, I don’t believe I’m entitled to anything at all, I don’t want to be given anything. When I come to play EVE Online, I’ve already worked my ass off all day, all I want to do is sit my tired ass down at my PC, click the game and fly, stress free!

Is that really such an entitlement to want to RELAX, playing a GAME?

It might seem trivial yeah, but believe me if I could choose between removing your dumb ass from the game or the junk boxes. I’d keep these junk boxes without question.

Let me guess, you want to defund the police also?

Anyway, I’m not replying in this thread anymore, cancel culture wins, enjoy it.

Yes, seriously.

Nah every officer needs a tank.

Cant think of a better way to spend public funds.

Fire engines are boring.

1 Like

As already stated, you can ignore the free stuff. You won’t miss anything. At your SP level the small amount of “bonus” SP isn’t even going to hurt your competitiveness. That is if getting free stuff you don’t want causes so much stress you have to take all this time posting and replying on the forums.

LOL now who is having trouble with definitions. Now I will first state that cancel culture is cancer. Hate it horribly and it is ruining everything. But you sir have maybe been mocked and laughed at in this thread, but you haven’t been cancelled.

If you think this thread is so harsh that it is cancelling you, that would fit more under a different term. Something like…snowflake.

1 Like