Daily reminder - if you have any doubts about your internet connection stability, don't take the risk of Abyssal Deadspace

I take this thread from the OP as lessons learned. Thanks for the heads up, please bypass all the hateful and snide remarks from other members of this forum.

4 Likes

Exactly.

Reimbursement denied.

1 Like

You’re good :grin:

1 Like

You really dont.

If it was just a heads up, no problem.

Its the rest thats the blood in the GD water.

Thinking about a possible solution to the problem - some kind of “pause” or “snapshot” when you disconnect in abyssal deadspace would certainly help.

So if you pull the plug - there’s no escape from abyssal, you’re stuck there, the timer runs again and enemies attack you again when you reconnect (and you’re still without shield).

Technical or time limitations probably do not allow them to implement it.

There was already a request for this:

But the OP came to the conclusion that it’s impossible for disconnects that are not CCP’s fault, and only supports a solution for if it is CCP’s fault now. I suppose there could be a popup for first time abyss runners stating no reimbursement for ship losses within…? Maybe that would scare too many people from even trying tho… :man_shrugging:

1 Like

It would scare me :slight_smile:

2 Likes

You don’t get it, there is NO PROBLEM. The well established rule is enter at your own risk.

Losing a ship is not a problem.

1 Like

LOL

It’s cool. Everyone’s tolerance for loss is different and situational, just gotta know yourself before taking any dives.

Personally I enjoy the Abyss as an alternate income stream, and for its breathtaking scenery. I’ve had my losses, but the content has paid for itself through loot and fun. :sunglasses::smiley:

I was enjoying the Abyss too. Sadly, I cannot guarantee that my Internet provider will not have another hiccup, so I won’t play it again. It’s easier to stay alive in such situation in other Eve activities.

4 Likes

This seems like a perfectly reasonable PSA to me. The GM response just shows exactly how CCP handles these circumstances. He’s basically stated “lesson learned”, and adjusted playing style accordingly…

Some of you really need to tone down your “OMG he’s whining” radar…

And how is CCP supposed to discern between their internet problem (main trunk to a server misbehaving, and your internet problem (living in an area with a crap service) ? Do you think you should be reimbursed by CCP because your ISP’s techie pulled the wrong plug ?

When many of the EVE players run out of things to do (or are afraid for their stuff) in the game, they stop logging in.

But since they’ve invested so much time - sometimes years - into the game, they can’t quite cut the cord. So they hang around the forums like vultures waiting for the opportunity to bitterly attack anything they can. It makes them feel better and there’s no risk to them as there would be if they actually logged in to the game.

Attacking the low hanging fruit with impunity is the endgame carebear activity for so many bitter vets, and the forum is the best place to do that.

2 Likes

Be man and decide for yourself what to do!
Don’t let some Internet unknowns dictate you :innocent:

1 Like

https://oldforums.eveonline.com/?a=topic&threadID=1573966

Years later, the answer is still NO

1 Like

Should I do Abyss?

• No. I am a coward who enjoys furry conventions, decaf coffee, wearing helmets on public transport, and MLP cosplay.
    • WAAAAGH! LEEEROOOY JEEEENKIIINS!

0 voters

To be honest the best internet connection in the world could not save me :frowning:

The disconnect thing is the worst flaw in the whole idea.

In regular pve, if I disconnect the worst that will happen to me is I lose some drones (I overtank and a use cap stable fits after some devastating DCs in the past). in Abyssal space its always all or nothing. I still do them and haven’t DC’d in a while but its always frustrating.

Logs.

Unless CCP servers are separated into thousands of little servers that each use a different ISP, if something happens to EVE servers because CCPs ISP fails and goes down, they will be able to realize something is amiss when half the population disconnects.

Yes.

I dont understand.

Can you guarantee that lightning wont strike your house and make you lose power?

Can you guarantee that a hacker wont hack into your power grid and shut the power off?

Can you guarantee that a meteor wont hit the power station?

Theres always a chance. No one is saying that with 100% certainty, they will be able to play EVE. So even if your internet cuts out every 1/10000 times, thats still pretty damn good, and shouldnt prevent you from playing.

If you live in constant fear of what might happen, you wouldnt be able to do anything.