Daily reminder - if you have any doubts about your internet connection stability, don't take the risk of Abyssal Deadspace

Should I do Abyss?

• No. I am a coward who enjoys furry conventions, decaf coffee, wearing helmets on public transport, and MLP cosplay.
    • WAAAAGH! LEEEROOOY JEEEENKIIINS!

0 voters

To be honest the best internet connection in the world could not save me :frowning:

The disconnect thing is the worst flaw in the whole idea.

In regular pve, if I disconnect the worst that will happen to me is I lose some drones (I overtank and a use cap stable fits after some devastating DCs in the past). in Abyssal space its always all or nothing. I still do them and haven’t DC’d in a while but its always frustrating.

Logs.

Unless CCP servers are separated into thousands of little servers that each use a different ISP, if something happens to EVE servers because CCPs ISP fails and goes down, they will be able to realize something is amiss when half the population disconnects.

Yes.

I dont understand.

Can you guarantee that lightning wont strike your house and make you lose power?

Can you guarantee that a hacker wont hack into your power grid and shut the power off?

Can you guarantee that a meteor wont hit the power station?

Theres always a chance. No one is saying that with 100% certainty, they will be able to play EVE. So even if your internet cuts out every 1/10000 times, thats still pretty damn good, and shouldnt prevent you from playing.

If you live in constant fear of what might happen, you wouldnt be able to do anything.

You guys missed the ball.

This was all because the drifters are attacking and concord is out of that magic router fluid.

Damn drifters. My phone battery even went dead.

1 Like

This is really common sense though. I can’t imagine that anyone on the forums, or anyone in the world who plays games online, wouldn’t know this already. Yet, you look to us and the poor GM for…sympathy?

You know, maybe you could sue CCP. Because you know. Serious business.

1 Like

The only thing that got in my craw with connection strength was using Geckos.
Of course that Linksys router hack to be a repeater to a wireless roughly 100 yards away was a bit risky now that I think about it.

Replace that ‘when’ with an ‘if’ and I’ll allow you that - I was talking more about the frequent case where one individual is accusing CCP of disconnecting them, but no-one else is seeing a problem.

Really ? Why ?

300m loss, get over it OP

Yeah, it was just a 300m Gila. The greater the warning for those who use blingy ships and don’t have 100% stable connection.

2 Likes

lol, 300m is not blingy :rofl:

All this over a lousy 300m ship? Really?

1 Like

He didn’t say it is. Read.

To be clear, a long time ago (12+ years) I had a ship reimbursed on loss due to disconnect. CCP is free to adjust reimbursement policies and standards, so it’s not useless to get occasional updates from players on what they don’t reimburse.

Let’s say a pilot who doesn’t know much about the game autopilots and gets ganked by CODE. Then this pilot makes a post saying they are not going to autopilot anymore because they have learned their lesson. Basically the same as this post, with a different lesson. A post saying “lesson learned” is not inherently a whine. In fact its exactly what I have seen many of you, that are attacking Roman here, advocate in other threads. The arrogance in most of the replies to this thread is a bit sickening.

2 Likes

Some replies might be a little tongue-of-cheek Shai…

Girls just wanna have fun.

1 Like

Not as free as you might think. The more they push the “Buy PLEX to sell for skills and ships” (AKA buying ships for cash), the closer they come to a legal responsibility to replace losses.

No one, especially us builders, want to see this. That’s why the disdain for CCP/PA’s decision to turn EVE into a cash shop. This slippery slope is going to lead to the loss of one corner of the golden triangle EVE is built around.

All for what? Short term profit over long term stability. Anyway, back to the topic.

Carry on.

2 Likes

Except OP doesn’t say that.

Lesson learned - there, you have it. I won’t go again into abyssal deadspace, it’s not worth it due to increased possibility of loosing your ship because of connection problems. I’ll loose my ships in other ways, even being ganked by PIRAT is more fun than this.

5 Likes

Perfect, most feel Abyss should be removed from the game.

1 Like

sent you a little something in game, dont be put off trying

2 Likes

@Dilligafmofo - I too lost a ship in tragic circumstances. It must have been ccp’s fault, those punks. 5 billion gone. I look forward to your generous gift.

3 Likes