Daleks are technically the first aliens ever shown in Eve

In this thread? I’ve been mostly talking about fedos.

They are EVE lore now.

It’s a combination of many things.

I think it’s a combination of the state of the game, CCP’s inability to improve on core features that have been neglected and kept stale, as well as complete surprise by the strangeness of this new event (in terms of what events have been before).

It is what it is.

1 Like

I for one, approve our new Dalek overlords.

1 Like

Well you’re almost certainly right about that.

ftfy
CCP has been given much helpful and concise feedback on many things and it goes largely ignored. It’s just the way they do things I guess.

I disagree. CCP has had a big problem with not finishing what they start and among other glaring faults of this Dr. Who tie-in and what it shows about the approach CCP now has toward EvE (which is of course what’s bugging folks mostly) ignoring good ideas they’ve had in favour of chasing what they see as a new shiny sucks.

I hear you, but have always found it kinda refreshing that New Eden wasn’t full of the just-reskinned-humans and anthropomorphic worn-out tropes that clutters so much sci-fi.

Ya I can definitely understand why they wanted New Eden to strictly be a human only kind of thing but I also don’t mind science fiction just being science fiction. If they never added alien civilizations to Eve I would be ok with that too.

**sapient aliens

–Helpful Gadget

How? CCP is making money off this, how exactly?

They aren’t. Crossovers are about promoting each other. This is a cross-promotion not a cash grab lol.

I get that, but this is a one off event much like the others. I don’t see it as a consistency thing.

I see it as a harbinger of accelerated agenda. A little Rubicon.

I see it as Thanos personally.

Are you all forgetting about the Slaver Hounds native of Syrikos V??

So “technically” we already had aliens in game, BUT even if I can’t remember where, CCP said that they would never introduce other Aliens into eve… and now that they decided to change that policy… we get Daleks… ffs

1 Like

Allegedly you mean.

As you can’t provide a source :smiley:

Dude you keep replying to all my posts, are you in love with me?
As you said in another thread… go find it yourself

You’re the one who made the claim bruv :smiley: Onus is on you.

Isn’t my fault you can’t prove your allegation.

Inevitable? *sigh maybe so…

CCP Falcon or Ovre back in the old forums posted this in reply to a post about the absence of aliens in eve:

"EVE is the story of humans being human. We are ruthless, cutthroat, a–holes. EVE has and always will be the story of humans being humans, Aliens are not needed’

There’s your onus, now stop being toxic and sniping all my posts

I like your positive attitude. That’s a good thing. But this absolutely is a cash grab.

There are many folks in Eve that take the lore and theory and “science” stuff seriously. It’s not believing it, but playing IN it. This is the sort of thing that spits at them and says, “Here. Buy this thing outside the story.”

The Infinite Improbability Drive of Hitchhiker’s Guide fame would fit just as well, but there’s not money in that. See how that works? Alice in Wonderland…Discworld…and yes, Star Trek. Eve should avoid being a billboard for other things.

I would LOVE to know how this came about. Who talked to Who (I kill me) and offered Who what money.

On the other hand, if CCP makes enough money on this to be more independent of Big Game, then I’m all in.

1 Like

I don’t understand, what’s the cash grab here? Did the BBC pay CCP a bunch of money, and if so, why are you whining about it?