[December] UPDATED: Jump Fuel and Jump Fatigue Cap changes

Correct me if I am wrong but didn’t we also try this with Mega and Zydrine ‘for the miners’ in doubling the amount required in production, with from what I remember was kinda a nerf to both the miners and VERY slight to overall producers and consumers? As the Miners had to mine 2x as much for ~20% increase in the worth of their haul. While the production side had to move 2x the m3 (though VERY small) With a slight bump in the end-user product.

1 Like

Seriously. Can you not tell the difference between a Coalition and an Alliance?
I’d still like to see the post where I said, as you suggested - There are only 2 coalitions on TQ. Or are you conceding, you changed the context of what i posted to suit your own agenda?

As blobs go, when the largest alliance is so much larger than its closest rival in numbers, how could it be called anything but a blob.

As for Arrendis - Typical nonsense post that contains nothing of value. Goons really should get back to limiting who can post on the forums, their current batch of posters bring the intelligence level of the whole alliance down by at least 20 points.

One can’t tell the difference between an Alliance and a Coalition - The other simply posts nonsense decided on a mistakenly placed apostrophe.
Coherence - the quality of being logical and consistent - I’m not sure how an out of place apostrophe changes a logical [shown with statistics] consistent [my stance hasn’t changed] argument but then I try not to use words I don’t understand the meaning of.
I do sometimes make a spelling mistake but I’m not sure that diminishes my coherence. Only Arrendis can answer that one, maybe with words he actually knows the meaning of…

1 Like

Personally I think EVE Online players should lighten up about everything that @CCP_Fozzie is doing for the player base of EVE Online. Without changes to adapt within EVE Online there should be not much of a reason to play the game EVE Online.

Today I have updated my former troll post to reflect my real opinion about CCP Fozzie and he is actually doing great things to EVE Online.

Citadels should use fuel to be online lile poses if the citadel run out of fuel it should turn offline and disable tethering and docking, that would prefent the masive spam of citadels everywhere and that would also help the ice price to dont go down. (Citadels are killing all thr content)

How can you say you don’t want to reduce jumping if a dreadnoughts gonna need 100% more fuel? It still has a small jump range and you gotta wait 40 minutes between jumps.

Increase jump range
Lower all fatigue, never jump until your timers down. Dunno anyone who wracks up several jumps at once. The wait is insane.

Even using a non Industrial on a jump bridge means you have to wait. Terrible. Getting around takes too long.

1 Like

All I know about fozzie is he made the current sov mechanics and they ****ing suck. What has he done that’s not awful?

2 Likes

The reason for that are not fatigue caps but the way the fatigue stacks. Exponentially. Assuming you take a 3+ jump route you either wait until it hits the 10 min mark of you don’t jump. Else you will either force yourself to wait much more or end up with silly amounts of fatigue.

Look at this scenario. A player needed to make 3 long-range jumps with a capital.
After just the first jump, instead of waiting 1h10min he waited 55 minutes. So 15 min less than optimal. Maybe he was late for a capital move(so PREVIOUS jump was made earlier), maybe the cyno was about to go down, maybe he had to go do grocery coz his wife was screaming.
After that he had to make last jump with rest of his folks - after ~1h mark.
So he did.

End result: others get 1h final blue timer, he gets almost 9.

Nine times the fatigue over a 15min difference in one of the initial jumps.

Extend that to a 4 or 5-jump route with double-jumping at the end [coz 5h capital move is beyond cancerous].

He will most likely hit the 5 day cap.

COZ HE JUMPED 15 MIN EARLIER at the initial jump.

It’s silly.

2 Likes

Seriously people need to stop with the excessive CCP employee bashing. They are doing their jobs, none of them work in isolation, none of them make decisions by themselves, none of them unilaterally change the game design.

If you wish to rail against something then do so against CCP as a company, not against the individuals that work for that company and hence have to do what they are asked or lose their job.

3 Likes

I would just like to point out that this change is not only a joke, effecting very few pilots, but it also is more of a slap in the face. With the change to max Fatigue down from 30 days to 5, the player base was pretty cool with that. What we need is a reduction in the growth rate of the fatigue. Most players seemingly have issue with this part more than any other.

A simple solution is a reduction in the fatigue by a factor of 2, max jumps in a carrier being 35 minutes rather than 1h 10m. This would still prevent marching across the universe on a whim, but at the same time make travel to war zones and content much more acceptable. You can still have your exponential ramp up, for multiple jumps in short order, but this reduces travel time stress on the general masses of cap pilots doing day to day activities.

@CCP_Fozzie The reason this should be done is simple, 99% of the jumping in Eve is just players moving their ships around their own space, be it for defense, moving smaller ships to ratting or mining systems, restaging or cargo hauling. Yes I get that there are specialty ships for hauling and moving mining ships, but not every cap pilot has those do to skills, cost or time. This still prevents crossing the universe in under 3 hrs, and yet allows for a bit larger area of effect that capital forces can react to if needed. Preventing a few small groups from freely moving supers all across the map at a whim is good, preventing groups from decent capital fights because moving is too much of a pain is bad. There must be a better middle ground. Also, using a “long timescale” is on par with saying you either have no clue with what you are doing or you just don’t care that this is one of the worst “features” in Eve according to the community.

Can this be made a sticky at the top of all the forums?

1 Like

Citadels are the main problem that cause this lack of content. Pathetic. You should put fuel requierment on citadels to be online it would prevent the spam of citadels everywhere. Also the price of the ice would go up aswell wich is what you want with this fuel consumption change

I have to point that 99% of the capital jumps are only for move ops becose citadels prevent all kind of pvp content so no need to jump caps

I have no opinion about this, I only use my JF and Carrier for moving stuff, despite owning them I count myself as a sub-cap player.

Just here to point out that these freak outs at Fozzie every time something changes are stupid and counter productive. Most of the posters freaking out would not respond to someone freaking out at them, but expect CCP to suddenly see the error of it’s ways when they do it…

3 Likes

You are right, most things are done as a team in CCP and are credited to that team. On the occasion though a Dev takes a step forward and claims an idea, be it good or bad, and this gets accepted by the masses, even though it was likely still a team project. The issue here is that, laying claim to the idea, as devs such as CCP Greyscale so clearly did with jump range nerfs, gets that dev all the hate that the community feels about it.

On the other hand, there have been devs who we find did solo projects, that are benefits, and we love those devs who take a bit of time to improve our game play rather than hinder it.

Fozzie has linked his name to a few changes, either as “head developer”, “team leader” or inferring, if not out right claiming ideas as his. Doing so has linked him to many changes that the community has found to be disliked, hated and well called things that I can’t repeat here.

So yes in general, you can’t just blame one person at CCP for most things, but when a dev want to take the spotlight for a feature, they have to take the praise, or the condemnation, for claiming it.

1 Like

I blame the whole ccp company when i say citadels are an issue i hope they realize it soon

Here I agree to an extent, however I’d also say that someone has to take lead on the idea in the forums, otherwise CCP will get hammered for not communicating with us. My point is that when an issue comes up someone has to have an idea to at least try to change the problem. If not then the game stagnates. The very act of trying to fix the problem means that CCP as a whole, and it’s employees in particular care enough to try, knowing full well the potential bile bath they may suffer as a result.

In terms of trying to improve the game rather than hinder it I would say that no-one would actively seek to hinder the game, they would seek to improve it as a whole. This may hinder an individuals area of the game in some cases, but for the greater good (hopefully).

In short if people don’t like a change they should attack the change, the reasoning behind it, and/or the company direction if this is seen as the cause. We should not attack the individuals tasked with presenting, developing and implementing it as they are just doing their job (for a very tough crowd!).

I appreciate all the hard work CCP does trying to improve the game. I think most of your efforts are positive and well-received, despite community stigma and unrealistic demands. Lifeblood was cool and I’m happy with the changes!

That being said, as someone who has been playing EVE for a long time now, I don’t support this fuel specific change. I think reducing the volume of fuel was a fantastic idea - one that capital pilots overwhelming enjoyed - but the effect was quickly negated by the addition of CCP’s proposed plan to double jump fuel requirements.

Even as a Goon, this change effects me, because in order to safely complete the DED sites I earn my living with, I rely on a carrier to jump expensive hardware around. While on paper this seems like “easy mode”, It takes billions in assets and months of training to get to where I am. I don’t think your changes ever consider that. With an increased cost in fuel, each site becomes worth even less, and I’m only making 60-100m for anti-ing up a nice ship.

Lastly, every module I import or buy will cost more, as the lifeblood of 0.0 logistics is jumpfreightering. Things in null will get more expensive because everyone uses shipping services. That’s just how it is. But players will gain very little in terms of practical benefit. I don’t need to jump twice as far, or really give a toss about 12 hours less jump fatigue.

Please, please, please rethink this change, Fozzie. It’s bad ju-ju all around.

I would normally agree with you, but many changes, for years, were implemented by CCP after the CSM tried over and over again to prevent them, citing the very thing that happened. Jump fatigue, FozzieSov and other such ideas were either implemented with near complete CSM opposition or with next to no input by the CSM. Bypassing the player focus group, which the CSM basically is, just because you blindly think you are right, has never seemingly worked out well for CCP.

CCP needs to have a bit more faith in the system they themselves created as a means of proofing ideas and goals. Failing to do so will just continue to lead to even more bile and screams of hated.

1 Like

Simply not going to happen. In 2015 town halls, CCP was pretty adamant that the current system of accumulation, and amount, is what they wanted. It won’t be reduced, we won’t get skills/boosters to reduce it. Because of power projection during a TiDi fight.

“Never undock a ship you cant afford to lose” i love when they say that becose it was true before citadels but now with the massive spam of citadels with 0 maintenance cost you are 100% safe so you will never lose your ship, time to stop using thst phrase becose that makes no sense on the actual gameplay