[December] UPDATED: Jump Fuel and Jump Fatigue Cap changes

I mean, it’s y’all’s own fault that you were too lazy to actually finish us off, so why are you complaining again? If you don’t like what we’re doing, you have an avenue of redress. However, we are under no obligation to make it fun for you.

The idea that you or anyone in this game actively sacrifices for “the good of the game” is fu​cking absurd. Anyone claiming that a player group needs to act in the “best interest” of the game automatically cannot be trusted to dress themselves, let alone be trusted to have an opinion even resembling valuable.

You don’t need to be our size to make this sort of thing work. You do, however, need to actually engage in pursuits other than complaining on forums. I don’t want to give you a conniption, but it may require you to log in and actually play the game.

Idk about all caps but I feel dreads should out range carriers since dreads counter carriers. Why can carriers just zip across double the distance of a dread (almost double or 50% further iirc) the hunter should outrange the prey.

I’d say double all jump distances regardless.

Hello, traveler from the past! In this timeline, dreads and carriers both have the same 7 LY jump range.

2 Likes

Since when? The update? I don’t remember reading about dreads ever getting a buff in the last change. I know jump and carriers got buffed. But dreads were like 3.5 au base last time I checked

7 LY is with JDC5. (No one undocks caps without JDC 5.) Both dreads and carriers have had equal jump range since Phoebe.

Screw calibration. That’s not base. It should be 7.5-10 base.

1 Like

Nah. Current jump ranges are fine. They make geography a strategic concern.

Nah. It takes to long to move around. It should be increased.

1 Like

Moving around is for deployments. Commit to an area of space.

Nah. People should be able to go where they want when they want. You shouldn’t be locked into one area. That’s why the game stagnates cause people huddle up in clusters. You get more conflict with constant ebb and flow

2 Likes

You mean the wonderful period of “ebb and flow” when two groups owned all of nullsec, because there was no fatigue and double the jump range?

Yeah, no. People can continue to go wherever they want now, anyways – it’s not like fatigue or jump ranges prevent you from going anywhere, period.

I remember it was CCP Greyscale that introduced jump fatigue.

2 Likes

What if, in order to get people to use capitals more often, we make using capitals more expensive and shitty?

1 Like

Oh no, we only have 200 guys, and that can’t compete with Goons, what shall we do?

Here is a thought, do the same thing Goons are doing, just on a smaller scale. If you can’t fill a region full of active dudes, scale down to a decent constellation, get a few more friends, join a small alliance/coalition. You don’t have to make massive blue donuts, but can make a small force that fills a smaller amount of space. Then do this simple thing called working as a team, organize based on skills and desires, set up protection fleets for your miners, maintain defenses on factories and citadels, then prosper.

If you do it right, you can have 9-10 groups living in a single region, most being neutral to each other and fighting among yourselves all day long. Don’t think this is so, look at Querious, it might be controlled by Goons, but the fight club isn’t a blue donut, but it does come together when outside forces attack it. You don’t have to have an overlord to do it yourself, just man up, use your diplos and build a home that can be successful.

Going through this thread there are only a few posters complaining about fuel costs, and others are mostly ranting on other issues. The logical conclusion is that the fuel costs themselves are not a big issue. I appreciate the larger fuel bay capacity.

It is quite ridiculous to assume that people will stop using carriers and dreads in PvP just because there may be an additional 10-15m in jump fuel costs. JF pilots may be impacted but can always adjust their hauling prices (and if they jump a lot for personal business they are rich f*ckers and should not complain).

I feel you are correct and the time it takes to move needs to be fixed, but jump ranges are basically fine as is. Reduction in jump fatigue is what we need, rather than range.

1 Like

I don’t know, that extra 15m is just to much for me to handle, I mean my fully faction/t2 carrier, with deadspace hardeners and t2 fighters just can’t deal with anymore costs. I mean I am risking near on 4b in hull and mods, 15m is just asking for too damn much.

2 Likes

I’m really fine with either. I’d like more range for my buck personally that’s all.

But fatigue is fine too if they want to cut that in half. Apart from that I don’t really have any issues from caps in my somewhat limited experience with them.

I dont like the guristas dread having fighters cause it’s out right op. Maybe a general dread buff for pve activities so you don’t have to use carriers if you wanna go big. But those are a different discussion.

Just dumb having to wait an hour to only go a few systems over. I think a jump capable ship should have more oomph. Main issue with cynos and jumping is alts. It reduces teamwork and makes those ships useless for people who can’t dual box.

1 Like

Is this aimed to hurt the little guy? Seriously CCP please don’t pass this. This isn’t going to hurt big deployments of large alliances like Goonswarm but it will tie both hands behind the backs of even medium-sized alliances who need the members to seed markets and it ain’t as easy as sticking the Rorq out for 5mins for your high sec JF import trip because these alliances can’t defend these Rorqs, so you use the smaller stuff sink 10x the amount of time into it get the same amount.
Also, remember that moon ore stuff you just changed? doesn’t compress, doesn’t move in mass easily and the markets have already inflated with those changes, now you are costing people more to get the moon ore to high sec markets which are already incredibly unstable due to your last changes.

1 Like

And yet, it still hasn’t changed the accumulation of jump fatigue. We’re not going back to the days of no-jump fatigue (no matter how much some bitter vets would love to see that), and we’re not going to get a break on how it accumulates. The only break we’ve gotten and are going to get, is in the max cap (anyone else remember it used to be 30 days?). People also don’t like the fozziesov system, and it has reduced sov conflict, but you don’t see that changing.