Delay Local

Funny how you say that
Because bumping adds more content but you cry about it a lot lmao

Delaying Local intel, only affects Local intel.

It doesnt change rules/mechanism of engagement in any sector, in any way.

This thread is about delaying Local intel, not about bumping or anything else.

The sites are different, so for example Foresaken hubs are the best as they hardly ever do drone aggro. So people go for them first, they look at what people use. So they donā€™t need probes.

I hate missions, and I like the risk of null sec as long as it is not certain death.

In what different way?

Spamming D-scan is not my idea of funā€¦

So what is a PvP fit, Omni tank, and a point of some sort.

In affect all I would do is just park my second main in a Falcon near my VNIā€¦,

But still giving a delay to local makes it too easy to hunt and devalues the game IMO

You dont need a point, and can tank however you want.

Drac, seriously.

When you are ratting in your VNI, and see an unknown pop-up in instant Local intel:
What do you do?
How would that be any different with a 30s delay?

Look straight off that is a serious comment, years ago two corp mates were ratting together in drakes and they got tackled, and they were skilled players with high SP characters, the people who tackled them killed them with no loss. Because they just warped out, then came back in.

Ommi tank is because you tank for damage other than the rats, because that is what they will not be usingā€¦

A VNI has an oversized prop mod, which is part of its tank, as soon as I see someone pop up in local and as I rat in the periods when my alliance mates are normally asleep this happens a lot. I align to my safe, while pulling drones, the safe is dependent on whether my VNI is going back into the site or not. The drones take some time to come back. Normally they come in from the entry to the pipe, so that means that the distance they have to warp gives me enough time to pull drones and get out and there are normally 4 Foresaken hubs, so a 25% chance of warping to me.

With a thirty second delay they will be able to reduce that to a 50% chance of warping to the right site.

If it is one or even two ceptors I would pull drones back to me then send them out if tackled and I would likely kill both if they did not warp out. However do you know how many people run around in large gangs of ceptors in Catch? A lotā€¦

This gets to the important part, you want people to make an effort to ctach things, so they should be using swarms of ceptors to catch stuff, the issue is the networks more than anything elseā€¦

@Dracvlad , let me put it another way:

What is the level of Local intel in Player NS you are prepared to accept, where you are satisfied (objectively speaking) that risk/opportunity is fair to both you and hunters?

PS: Please disregard drone return time in your answer. Drones are not the only weapon system for ratting, and inherently carry that element as a negative. You can abandon them, and return later to recover them.

First of all people catch people now, they catch the unwary, those who do not pay attention and the unlucky such as warping a slow ship to a site as they enter local. if you are paying attention then you should in the main be able to get out of the site. In other words on a per system basis the current level is about right. If you make it so that the game mechanics enable you to catch the wary and attentive almost 100% of the time you will screw the game up. Hunting should be difficult, as you might have noticed I had that attitude in terms of hisec war decs. But as hisec is casual I sort of am less bothered by that.

For me hunting in Eve has to be difficult and that you catch in the main unwary, inattentive and unlucky people.

Sansha rats tracking disrupt so guns are not so good, missiles are possible and what I used to use in Stain. Drones are likely to be blown up or scooped, because the VNI uses heavy drones. So they are pretty much a loss so I tend to wait to see if I can get them in before warping out, which of course makes me a bit more vulnerable.

There are vulnerable points of time in ratting.

The issue is automated local intel which botters use, a player one with people actually reporting has gaps and weakness, in affect as a player you can only really rely on yourself to keep tabs o the main entry point. Local as it is without delay is at the correct level. The issue is the bot like stuff thath screws it up.

@Dracvlad That was a disappointing answer.

Amounts to ā€œI want to be able to warp to safe even before the unknown arrives in system, cos Local intel begins the second they begin the gate transitā€.

That is not very convincing.

Especially not regarding Local delay, as is topic, and what I asked.

Ill try one more time:

How much delay in Player NS Local intel are you prepared to accept as equitable for everyone involved?

What kind of pvp do you do that doesnā€™t require a point?

Oh wait

forum pvp

1 Like

He doesnā€™t want any. Read his posts in the afk cloaky thread. All he wants is AFK cloakers, the last variable imposing possible risk, removed, without any other changes to anything.
Arguing with Dracvlad is about the most pointless thing you can do.

1 Like

I never said that! I work on a per system basis most of the time, in other words people arriving in local is what makes me react. That is where I want to play, so a delay screws me over totally.

I repeat that I think that the current balance of the unwary and inattentive and unlucky get caught and the person who is paying attention is not likely to get caught is correct. So 0 delay is what I accept as equitable, because hunting should be difficult and the prey should in the main have a good chance to get away, otherwise hunting becomes too damn easy.

So people want a delay in local because they are solo hunting and want to use a ship to catch and kill them, as of now they have to use a ceptor to catch and bring in the rest to kill.

And this is totally convincing. What I donā€™t like is the automated local reporting bots which need to be purged, but setting the overall game designed based on bots is well sad.

The added few seconds from local transit really makes little difference.

Linus Gorp, enjoying your ban I seeā€¦

@Dracvlad You did not answer my question.

I did

With this:

1 Like

do you guys really need a delay on local or call for no local because you cant find targets with working local?
really???
if you dont like local place a other chat channel in front ā€¦ problem solved

if you want to kill someone and you cant ā€¦ maybe not local is your problem ā€¦ maybe its just you ā€¦

call for delay or removed local ist in other words ā€œto lazy to huntā€
if you want to hunt work for it ā€¦ its not funny when the dear wait for you to get shot ā€¦

JuuR

2 Likes

The problem with chat looks like there is not one system room to which all players connect, but there are many rooms for each player in the system to which the player connects and the other players connect to his room. And the message of one player is sent not to one common room, but to all players in their version of the room. I hope I clearly expressed my idea. I apologize for Google translator.

You show up in local before you load into the system and can do anything at all. The bots are already in warp for 3 seconds when you get to finally move your ship, use dscan, whatever.
But personally I donā€™t give a crap about local. Everything can stay the way it is for all I care, but that includes that AFK cloaking remains just the same way it is now. After all, itā€™s the only counter to the otherwise perfect intel tool.

I get it.

You want to rat in a VNI in Player NS.
With the same instant Local intel as HS.
Earning far more isk than in HS.

Did I get that right?

Why should he make less isk in null with more native risk involved?

Lol

You asked what delay I would accept, I replied with 0 and explained why, which is because hunting needs to be a challenge, not a sure thing and that people who do it right and are attentive are damn difficult to catch. That is my reply based on being a solo ratter in nullsec over many years including ratting in contested systems. I donā€™t use automated local bot channels and neither does my alliance.

I canā€™t get clearer than that.

As for risk I have to maintain a lot of high value ships to fight to maintain our space, come on think about it.

1 Like

Neither can I.

You want to rat in Player NS, in a VNI, with the same Local intel as in HS, for greater profit.

Thats what it boils down to.

I cant blame self-interest, but I am disappointed.
I thought objectivity was important to you.
Guess I was wrong.