Delay Local

Prices may not actually go up much, because it would be riskier to rat and print ISK. Inflation lately has been staggering and I really think that removing local would change the value of things, but the actual inflated ISK values would ultimately go down.

1 Like

Yup remove local in null and low or at the very least make a new region of Kspace without local abd watch real players flood to it.

1 Like

Depends on their intel channels and available fleets to react to defend miners/ratters.

6 Likes

Your lack of knowledge is not reason to believe something does not have relevance anyway.

Let me be even more clear on the part where you called me a failure. You want the local feature to be removed cause you are failing at catching people. They see you coming. About sum it up? And you have the audacity to call me a failure. Finally, I am a null sec player anyway but I still have a voice nonetheless. DO NOT remove the local feature. If you donā€™t like it, then join Wormhole space and stop crying.

Save your repliesā€¦ Iā€™m done here.

3 Likes

All threads discussing local are being merged into this one to keep the forums tidy.

2 Likes

Youā€™re not worth my time anyway :wink:

What about removing local but upgrading D-scan with modules for high slotā€™s that let you d-scan further, see cloakies/reconā€™s and maybe even an approximation of distance from you with more accuracy the better your skills/module teir. Better to earn intelligence instead of having it spoon fed.

Wouldnā€™t mind seeing interceptorā€™s gain D-scan bonusā€™ once interdiction nullification is gone, allowing them to be even better at scouting, this would also give interceptorā€™s something to use their high slots on if they loose gunā€™s like someone suggested awhile back.

1 Like

Can you guys just PLEASE jump on top of this gameplay generating idea? There are actually players asking for this AND it has tested well (even if it was a mistake), two factors I think weā€™ve all noticed have been missing from many recent ā€œimprovementsā€ made to EvE.

Delayed local increases player interaction because it circumvents the long standing ā€œsee red in local 4 jumps out and insta-dock to avoid player interactionā€ vibe that has cursed the game for years.

As has been demonstrated this change would also strike a decent blow to the RMT market / botters in general.

You need some pretty fancy footwork to pretend these things are bad for the game, even more so to pretend the current meta is anything but broken.

3 Likes

I donā€™t even see why this idea is being entertained. But hey, ā– ā– ā– ā–  it, Iā€™ll play along. So many things would need to be done to even make this balanced.

Just off the top of my head the most important features that would REQUIRE change would be:

1. Current warpable combat and ore anoms would need to either require probing down by all, or only visible to the alliance holding the IHUB (this makes more sense being the owners and all and puts it a step above just living in WH space). Otherwise hunters have to put forth no effort to catch their prey outside of warping around to different anoms until they find someone. No DSCAN required, no probing required just warp-catch-kill.

2. Nullification must be removed from combat capable ships. This really needs to happen anyway, but with the removal/delaying of local comes significantly more importance on the ability of the holding alliance to control their space via gate camps and strategic bubbles. Someone being able to simply warp away and pick and choose when they fight while never truly being at risk is not balanced in any way.

3. Mining barge/exhumers that have had their align times artificially destroyed over the past decade to make them easy targets would need to be adjusted such that if they saw someone on dscan they could resonable escape -OR- they would need to be given their combat and tank abilities back to them that was stripped away when each hull had itā€™s specializations removed. This also goes for the rorqā€™s need to siege and convert to an NSA-type effect where it doesnā€™t prevent warp. The current mechanics in a delayed or removed local would just serve to make it impossible for them to escape, not just make it slightly harder for them to react because they have been so severely gimped over the years so you would have catchable prey.

You accomplish three of these things, then we can talk about a null with a delayed or no local. Until that time, all I see are people wanting easy free kills in gangs of cheap, fast, nigh uncatchable ships where the killing of a single VNI sends them isk positive. I went through and zkilled most every person here in favor of it here and for those not posting from zero-kill alts are entirely made up of HS gank alts, FW plebs flying T1 frigs/destroyers, or small gang players again flying cheap T1 and faction frig hulls, one guy at least was using Stratios fairly often - but mostly dictors in frig gangs. Nothing really being put at risk while asking the complete dismantling of the current system to fit their vision of a dangerous universe they donā€™t actually participate in. But that is nothing new, people always have opinions on matters they have no knowledge or experience in yet think their opinion carries weight. The problem is when CCP listens to them and destroys something in hopes that it will attract more people than it drives away - which is never does.

Edit - humorous spelling errors fixed.

10 Likes

You have numbers to back that claim up?

Sure, just make the scanner have the same amount of delay.

The only people who would be negatively affected by a delayed scanner window would be people only looking for easy kills

2 Likes

So the ones who can get intel close to local with other intel will continue to use expensive shipsā€¦ which will take more time to hunters to find because they wonā€™t have local intelā€¦ and will be just as hard to trapā€¦ because the target will have intel close to local today.

Andā€¦ thatā€™s good for hunters?

1 Like

Weeds out the trash players. Competent hunters wonā€™t have any problems with that.

God forbid your corp has to have a response teamā€¦put a cloaky on a gate, or you have to press d-scan.

2 Likes

Come on Falcon kill the local so that the game may live!

Or we can just remove local and let bots & multi boxers die?

1 Like

Why would multi boxers dieā€¦if anything they would proliferate so they can keep cloakies on gates and listen for gate activation.

2 Likes

^^ Exactly this will happen. If anything youā€™ll see a surge in multiboxing disposable VNI alts as there is simply too much risk to the reward to use anything else outside of deep null.

If you think the removal of local will kill bots and multiboxing then you donā€™t understand basic human behavior or this gameā€™s mechanics very well if at all. All it will accomplish is driving away players who recognize that this game is too dated to be worth adapting to such a drastic shift in mechanics with no additional reward or replacement mechanics for their safety outside of being forced to sub more accounts. At the same time driving those who remain into denser populated areas with the coordination to react to anything that breathes within their turf.

4 Likes