Delay Local

The beauty of attacking through wormholes (ice fishing) :]

1 Like

It’s not like NS can’t learn to verge hostile WH’s.

As long as its not bot’s doing it.

You will just get even more multiboxing and even more bots. Because doing gate duty and nothing else for hours is such a great activity, individual players will do that voluntarily all the time on all up to 5 gates in some systems. Sounds like a very great thing … to make bots an even bigger thing in EVE and overwhelm the already understaffed security team.

As long as null sec does not become like w-space, delayed local is no option. It also has not created more player interaction because there were fewer players logged in overall.

And CCP_Falcon spouting this nonsense on some discord also just shows that this guy has no idea how EVE works at all. Giving null sec most of the disadvantages of w-space without the advantages sounds Betsy much like a thing CCP would do.

2 Likes

As someone who currently spends most of their time mining/missioning in high sec, I fully support the idea of a wormhole-style local system.

At minimum if local won’t go away, I would like to see a delay in it updating, say 5 minutes for high sec, 10 for low, and whatever for null. Or even an increasing delay as sec status decreases, much like concord response now.

I loved it.

I currently live in HS but venture out, and this was just awesome. The only things that still suck are the AFK cloaky bots parked within overview range by gates. If CCP actually banned bots and took care of these things would be so awesome.

O and in b4 “u just want ez prey …” no. Just ■■■■■■■ EN OH. I go out mainly to PvE, some explo and misc ratting here and there to get a bit of income which HS doesn’t provide. Though I tend to fly fits that will let me counter and get away or on rare occasion take out a solo player that doesn’t expect a fight back.

If local was removed from NS and LS, then more of us would be there or visit more often.

That is very false and exactly opposite of what is happening. I’m mostly a PVEr residing for most part in HS nowadays. Though I have a few years of LS / NS under my belt back from the day. My PvP is very rusty at best. But things I learned back then still apply and work 10x better with local removed. So let me give you some tips:

1. If doing any sort of plexes, mission, anoms, whatever, that have a jump gate, when you land DO NOT just sit there on landing point and spam your hardeners + long range weapons. Go out at least 120km, 150+ is better but sometimes mission objectives keep you within ceirtain distance. Then stay aligned to something while firing.

Remember, cloakies get decloaked when going through gates, so when you see one or two, just warp out, ez peezy. They can’t get to you that fast, they would have to scram at 100km+.

If you have to, pull the rats with you, they follow, this has a double + because when they do they line themselves up nicely for better damage application.

1. Watch the D-Scan. If you see probes, keep scanning like mad, see if they’re closing in on you. If you see them at 4AU range and then disappear, again, just warp out, don’t hang around. Common sense and again, super easy.

2. Pick systems with a lot of anoms and various things in it. Without local hunters have to either probe / scan (which you will see) or waste a ton of time warping from too many places. In fact, often times by time they come to the place where you are at, you’ll be gone.

3. The dangers are in the non gated places such as the current event sites, asteroids, explo sites. For that, you of course have to simply fly a right ship with a right fit. I personally use a Tengu with the ECM sub system and double ECMs for it. Most often Imenage to lose their target lock long enough for me to warp out. Your ship and fit will vary. On rare occasion due to the way ECM works I still get popped, or when I have 3+ ships jump me their sheer DPS jsut takes me out faster then the ECMs can affect. But those are rare and inbetween. If all you do is fly a mission specific blinged ship fit for nothing but tank and dps in a PvP enabled system then what do you expect ? If you want to do that kind of flying, then welcome to High Sec.

No CONCORD operations there?

Then no bounties or sec status gain for rats killed. And no killmails generated.

1 Like

That sounds good no bounties ftw, away with inflation.

1 Like

It be nice to get rid of KM’s…way too much intel comes from those.

1 Like

I can smell the risk free ISK grinding crowd soiling themselves at the thought of their safety blanket going up in flames.

6 Likes

And since nobody wants to talk to anyone anyways anymore the intel tool for the bots just made a dent in the next economics report, showing the most isk came from level 4 missions in highsec.

1 Like

The courier ones?

Sheet man that’s rediculous…

1 Like

Yes, because Dscan mashing is such a great activity. As if fighter management wasn’t RSI-syndrome-ladden enough.

Number of anoms does not really matter because only a few of them are worth doing, and dscaning something in these few anoms is a breeze.

And that’s where null sec gets the shaft under a W-space like null sec system. The right ship is a PVE only ship for the anomalies because PVP ships do not have the tanking capabilities to sustain the NPC DPS. I say it again, as long as null sec does not work like w-space, delayed local is nothing but rubbish because null sec in its current form impedes those w-space tactics for earning money and living there that w-space allow to do with their kind of isk printing features.

2 Likes

Some of the current “disadvantages” of null-ratting:

• unlimited anos (contrary to a region based respawn mechanic that leaves you without sites very fast)
  • direct payment of Isk to the wallet (contrary to having only loot and salvage that needs to be brought to empire space and sold first)
  • no preparation for ratting needed (contrary to having to scan your system and connected systems completely and close unwanted connections - which might not even be possible)
  • minimum commitment to a site (contrary to having to finish a site to make salvaging viable and to reach the rather big chunk of the payment that is in the drifter boss for c5/c6 sites)
4 Likes

He has much more knowledge about game mechanics than you obviously do, I can assure you.

Why is a highsec puppet like yourself even commenting about space you’ve never entered, let alone lived in?

2 Likes

These last days events just show what a positive effect removing local gas had. We’ve seen players login and sub despite the server outages, the only tears have been from botters.

Reddit, Discord and social media has been ablaze with intrest in the game again. Lets hope ccp do the right thing. What a bkow this will be to botting.

1 Like

And all that can be introduced to Null sec as well, would it force people to roam around instead of sitting in one system all the time (which is apparently something many vocal people want as well) and live like in W-space. Just cherrypicked advantages and disadvantages for the sake of some loud incompetent hunters is not acceptable.

@The_Dunning_Kruger For the same reason you post here: Alts. Correct me if I am wrong, but just like me you don’t have a killboard history and are just like me a person who has " never entered, let alone lived in". :smile: At least on this character. :wink:

2 Likes

Yes, I’m an alt. But I also don’t care about killboards, so there wouldn’t be much on it anyway, unless the other party is doing the killboard posting.

Your post also makes it very obvious that you don’t really have a clue about either nullsec, or wormholes. Pointing out the obvious of “I don’t have a killboard history, you can’t know” is a mere distraction of your words that speak clear as day that I’m correct in my assumption. Or perhaps you’re of the usual renter trash. Either way, a player like you should be nowhere near nullsec. Probably not even playing EVE in the first place, if all you want is 100% risk-free farming.

No, I just used the killboard as a way to figure out whether your character is any better than my character to post here. Not to figure out whether you know something or not. And judging by your abrasiveness, I conclude that you belong to the renters portion of the game because they are always so dissatisfied with their situation as being a lower tier subject that is only being milked for money. :slight_smile: I own my own space, I want content in that space and I want to have fun in that space. What I don’t want is unrewarding tedium just so that some incompetent hunters can get a reward they don’t deserve.

What about you?

3 Likes