Delay Local

Former BoB, these days just a cloaky fag. Active hunter, and a fairly good one at that. I don’t resort to AFK cloaking, but certainly do laugh at all the people that come to the forums to whine about it.

It’s a double-edged sword. CCP isn’t going to just take local away and leave everything else as-is. Trash players will continue to be trash players. They won’t get any magical advantage out of nowhere. It will come down to adapting to the new system. Those that can will continue to reap the rewards, but without the perfect safety that totally skewed the risk/reward ratio, and the 80% that can’t will stop hyperinflating the economy and run back to the space they should never have left: highsec. Most of them will probably quit, but a lot of the old bittervets will probably come back to EVE when it’s finally dangerous again.

It’s also going to ■■■■ with bots and RMTers. Drone lands would be absolutely empty and up for grabs for actual players.

4 Likes

Very likely, yes. Yesterday I couldn’t participate in the renter culling in Delve myself, but on comms I followed how some russians massacred 2 or 3 carriers even with the immediate local. From killboards I think the same happens in drone lands all the time. Some groups can’t survive even under the perfect safety of immediate local. :laughing:

1 Like

Hi, today is third day ! 22-01-18

Yesterday i deleted EVE , and reinstalled EVE, i took about 2 hours to download completely all game files. Today when i log in , i was hoping that all will work again like it was before patch , but no way ! Same problems with chats, i cant create any chat , i cant join any chat, i cant invite people to conversation , i dont see my corporation, alliance , militia channels !

From my side i tried everything , i turn of firewall, i deleted antivirus , i cleaned my computer ,i reinstalled eveonline , that does not help me !

Dear CCP tell me what should i do , it is third day i cant play in eve , i dont know whats going on in caldari militia , How more time , days , weeks take to fix that properly ???

1 Like
  1. Press Escape in-game
  2. Reset Settings tab
  3. Click on Clear All Cache Files
  4. Start the game up again.

It’s sensible doing that after every patch. Usually solves most of the immediate problems.
You’ll also want to locate the old cache folder on your hard drive (Clear All Cache Files just renames it without deleting anything) and remove it manually. Those things get big over time.

What’s interesting is the change in player behavior the last few days.

I reside in low sec, and enjoy solo/small scale PvP. This week I did something I had not done for 2-3 years: I (or rather a few alts) entered Null Sec and had a ball.

That’s right - a solo player having fun in Null: a place normally more boring and more risk-adverse than High-sec.

I’m 100% for no local in Null, and maybe a delayed or unreliable local in low sec.

Keep up the good work CCP - this was fun.

6 Likes

My predictions:

The bad’s(People who want easy farming) will move to highsec or some empty space in lowsec.
The people who stay in nullsec will be earning more for their time because those items will cost more.
Inflation will drop because botter’s get kicked in the nut’s so everyone is effectively earning more isk, unless they give up.
There will be a ton more pvp, alliances that choose to stay in null will have pvp ships ready they will be in standing fleet and they will form in seconds to kill any intruder’s (the dream). The only group that does this really well is pandemic horde. If you roam there you will recieve 50 ships in your face fast and cyno’s and super’s its hell roaming there for solo pilot’s lol, but in a way its better for the game if more alliances follow foot.

Not really a dream. Go to Delve if you want to experience that dream.

Yea Delve is not bad with their defense, we have roamed there a few time’s and have had a few t3’s and hictors chasing us but nothing as crazy as horde.

Id propose the following:

-HS: Instant Local.
-LS: 10s delay on Local.
-NPC NS: 20s delay on Local.
-Player NS: No Local.

There is one “potential” problem though.
The Delay on LS/NPC NS may help bots, as they wont react to a ship appearing instantly on Local, especially if its a ship that has no interest in them and is just passi g through. Ie: they will ignore ships passing through, rather than reacting instantly to any unknown when registered in Local as having started the gate jump.

I think 10 and 20s however are sufficient delays, so that even a ship passing through will probably trigger a bot watching Local to warp to safe, before the unknown ship gates out at its destination.

Botters may however adapt, by increasing the time before a warp to safe is initiated when an unknown shows up on delayed Local. But they would still be out 10/20s reaction time.

So I think that “potential” problem, is negated.

3 Likes

Who needs local tbh?

This is the best screwup by CCP since the jump clone changes

3 Likes

Local is not without use. It makes a system feel far more alive when people talk.

3 Likes

Botters and nullbears do, as evidenced by all the whine threads. Especially the “afk cloakers hurt my feelings CCP. Make them go away!” threads.
Also those people that afk cloak just for the tears, since there’s no point in afk cloaking when people can’t see you’re there :wink:

1 Like

People that talk in Local, show up in Local.

You are confusing automatic Local intel, with the Local channel for communication.

Frankly, its pretty shocking you did t get that difference already.

1 Like

In your mind, yes. In reality I responded to the question “Who needs local tbh?”.

1 Like

Sorry if you only read the title, and got confused.

This is about Local intel as to whom is in the system, not Local chat, which identifies them as in system only when they chat in it.

Sure, whatever makes you feel better.

1 Like

You can still chat in Local channel, even if it does not tell you whomever else is there as Local automatic intel.

Hope that makes you feel better.

1 Like

Funny how you can not even come up with your own lines.

1 Like

To make it very clear, since this seems to be difficult for you:

-Local intel is where the Local chat channel automatically reveals everyone in the system.

-Local chat is where you enter text into the Local channel, and thus reveal your presence in the system.

If that is unclear, feel free to ask questions and I will explain it further.

1 Like

There is a mechanic in place (don’t know if it’s working atm) called “Recent Speakers Memberlist tracking” that only shows those in the member list that have posted within the last 15 minutes in chat.

1 Like