Delay Local

Solstice does make a good point on the social side of chat, and knowing who is in the system with you.

If you can’t see who is in system you are very unlikely to open up on chat. A lot of friendships in this game start with ‘I’ve seen you in this system a bit and…’.

However - a delayed local in low sec/NPC null still allows this, and the mindless bots grinding for the corporation in player Null are unable of coversation with a non-corp member anyway.

4 Likes

Yea the idea was to remove people from instantly appearing in local not removing local chat completely :stuck_out_tongue: most chats start off with a random HI in local anyways so meh wont really change anything on the social side.

1 Like

Weak bait.

I propose the following:

-HS: Instant Local.
-LS: 10s delay on Local.
-NPC NS: 20s delay on Local.
-Player NS: No Local.

I propose an alternative:

High sec: instant.
Low sec: Starts from decloak. (giving scouts time to d-scan around before revealing themselves.)
Null sec (including Npc Null): As default no local intel, a player can add a structure upgrade(any structure) (rig) that let’s them see local intel for the structure owning corp/alliance, but that Intel (system wide) only starts from the moment someone decloaks on gate instead of when they enter system giving them time to gather info through d-scan.

An enemy can fly to the station select the (Intelligence array or what ever its called) and use a hacking module on it (not entosys) which brings up a hacking minigame, the minigame goes on until a single fail at that point depending on how far the hacker got determines how long local is on lockdown.

1-10 levels completed = 15 min lockdown
11-20 levels completed = 45 min lockdown
21-30 levels completed = 60 min lockdown
31-40 levels completed = 120 min lockdown
41-49 levels completed = 180 min lockdown
50 levels completed = 240min lockdown

Once local is locked down it cannot be locked down again for the same time afterwards as it was locked down for, so if enemies locked it down for 2 hour’s then once that 2 hours is finished the intelligence array cannot be hacked for 2 hours afterwards.

Maybe firewall upgrades could be bought for structures that make it harder to hack as well by increasing firewall hp nodes inside the hacking games.

The idea would be to force people to undock and take care of the situation if they stay docked up then it only gets worse for them. This will promote alliance’s/corps to always be prepared to engage an enemy at a moments notice.

If a corp/alliance is not active during this period then having their local shut down during that time will not effect them anyways.

P.S. the reason hacking module is suggested instead of an entosys is that hacking has a chance of failing where as entosys does not.

2 Likes

Your alternative is… very complicated.

2 Likes

Eve is a complicated game, but like all things once you do it enough it becomes easy xD

Better alternative

HS: none
LS: none
NS: none
WH: none

Done :joy:
Who needs local anyway except people that are paranoid

People who like to chat with those out of corp/alliance.
Scammers.
Guys who like to taunt people they just blew up in a public manner.
Code agents who want to announce their presence.
People who like to know who their neighbors are.
People looking to see if an enemy is present to hunt.
people bragging about killmails.

You know… those using the chat feature… as a chat feature. For social interaction rather than intel.

3 Likes

You have misunderstood.

Nobody is proposing there is a delay on chat communication via Local.
Only the intel on a capsuleer entering the system, via Local, will be delayed.

You can still use Local chat to speak, as per usual.
Speak in Local, and you will instantly popup in Local, along with your message in chat.

Would work the same way as in WHs currently, until you appear after the delay in the Local list.

2 Likes

You still could

This too

And this

And this

The overview help (and dscan)

Skilled players don’t need local (look at whs)

Still could do that

Nothing is preventing anyone to do any of those in wormholes, and you don’t see them complaining about it lol

Edited can to could

If this will ever happens , I propose Gate lockdown after jump (without agro) for next minute .

If you want to troll with local delay , why not gate delays. :slight_smile: I see plenty of ppl going to null , hugging gates then running back to HS with tears.

1 Like

I dont see how you can troll with Local delay more than you currently can.

If you want to trigger bots to warp to safe, all you need to do is show up on Local.

Edit: I see now this was to Lena’s very complicated suggestion. Nvm.

bots ? are you sure ?

The problem with this is it stops people from burning back to gate to split enemies into smaller bite size chunk’s which is a good strategic element of pvp and imo should not be removed with gate blocks. Maybe there is an alternative thou what do you want to achieve with gate blocks btw?

this has good point but still I want to lock the gates :slight_smile:

1 Like

I dont understand why.
Can you please elaborate?

Is this somehow relevant to Local intel?

ok example , a wannabe -pvp dude or a small gang coming to null , and about 5 mins later they are running back home , while 2 dudes chasing them … :slight_smile: (running is a bad word , its more likely they trying to achieve world record in warping gate to gate) … then there is a ceptor , oh noes burn back to the gate and hugg it… you probably know rest of the story :slight_smile:

I still dont get it.

Are you proposing that a ship cant activate a gate 1min after it entered or exited one?

What does this have to do with Local?

one more example , a sabre jumped thru the gate and instantly hugging it

sounds like you wanna hunt just easy pray , tbh