Delete

I’ll have to phone my parents and see if they even know what reddit is. :slight_smile:

I’m sorry, you usually have a brain, but this is just dumb.

All voices matter, even if they are pixel cowardly care bears that will quit the first time they are killed.

Suppressing voices, or limiting the conversation to a particular subset of CUSTOMERS is a tactic to be used when your ideas suck and can’t stand the light of day.

The AFK thread is doing exactly what it is intended to do. It’s a good thing.

5 Likes

Aside from community teams, when have you ever seen a job description dictate that staff should be on a forum during work hours?

Outside work hours though, the devs are free to do what they want with their lives and we can’t dictate where they post. We don’t own them.

So if they, like many people these days, spend their own time on socials and as part of that, engage with the community, thats a positive. That’s more access than we are entitled to.

But demanding that devs spend their work hours reading the forums rather than doing their job is a level of entitlement befitting of the toxic reputation of this community.

Thouhg, the last time I did a count, there was a ratio of about 3:1 posts here compared to reddit. Has been a while since I actually checked though.

4 Likes

There’s really no point in having a thread for nothing but complaints from kids who don’t have a spine. That’s why there is no cloaky camping sticky thread on r/eve. The discussion has been beaten to death for years and all the carebears talk about are the same crap day in and day out.

r/eve would rather have a discussion about changes in the meta or impacts of patches and balance passes rather than have to rehash the same crap month after month, which is why it’s moderated to clear out junk like that.

if people want to beat a dead horse, this forum exists for them. if they want to actually have a discussion and hear perspectives from individuals who actually know what they’re talking about, they can go to r/eve.

3 Likes

They don’t post on reddit much either and who said we are entitled to their time?

Some of them don’t, but you don’t get to dictate what someone can do.

Why - because you are only entitled to the level of access that you agree to in the EULA and nothing more. They could spend no time anywhere and as a community, we would have nothing to complain about if they did that.

However, yes CCP see the community as vital and their staff post on multiple social platforms, because the community isn’t just the small group of people that post here. It’s also the parts that post on reddit, twitter, instagram, facebook, etc.

The devs spend time on several social platforms outside work, and thank god they do. They give us far more access than we deserve given the way we as a community, are quick to criticise.

4 Likes

Because people don’t want to waste their lives arguing why cloaky camping is fine?
The discussion has been had. Nullbears are cowards. It’s simple as that. We don’t need to rehash the same thing over and over again. Don’t try to pretend it’s about “free and open discussion”. You just want to keep playing the victim card.

Turns out the community is sick of beating a dead horse. Wow, who knew?

4 Likes

wtf?

It’s also a word that actually has a place and meaning and trying to dismiss it just because you don’t like it doesn’t diminish it. It applies perfectly in situations where someone is demanding something without any argument. That’s exactly what you are doing.

So I’ve said my piece now, so carry on with your belief that you should be able to dictate the lives of other people and that the small group of us here are someone more relevant for dev time than others in the community.

5 Likes

That’s the thing. There is no discussion. And there’s nothing to be gained from it. It’s nothing but whining. And the community doesn’t want to listen to people do nothing but whine day in and day out, which is why they downvote your threads into oblivion.

I don’t need to anything. CCP already visits r/eve more frequently than the forums anyway.
If anything, you’re the one who feels the need to have CCP come to these forums.

Given the fact that the community regularly downvotes these threads on r/eve.
Given the fact that ISD routinely cleans up threads and merges them with the main cloaky camping thread here on the forums.

Looks like both communities are in agreement that garbage belongs in the trash.

4 Likes

ROFLMAO. You may bet the devs using reddit do it purely out of personal preference and not as part of their jobs, yet here is Lucas making up stuff and conspiracy theories again about the “real” motivations to try to make reality fit his narrative. :rofl: :rofl:

Although I neither like nor use reddit myself, and as much as I would like CCP devs to participate more in the forums that I do use, @z0ra_Berg was spot on in identifying some of the reasons why those devs may prefer reddit to the forums, again purely out of personal preference, not as part of any CCP policy, LOL.

And as @Scipio_Artelius pointed out already too, none of us get to decide which media should they use to participate. I would prefer them to participate here because these are the forums I use myself, but unlike our beloved OP, I’m not self-entitled, and hence I don’t pretend they should do that simply because that’s what I’d like them to do…

6 Likes

I wonder if you two are self aware enough to see the irony in you posting this in this forum?

2 Likes

No, I don’t agree with you, and your self-entitlement prevents you from being able to understand the difference.

No, that’s not what you said. What you said is this:

I don’t think they should be more active here, like you pretend, I merely would prefer they did. You cannot understand the difference precisely because of how self-entitled you are.

And the “reasons” why you believe they use reddit instead are… ROFLMAO

What’s most amusing is that you need to keep believing this and repeating it every time that I reply to one of your posts…

2 Likes

That’s the thing, the OP clearly hasn’t looked at any sort of validation of his whine, but just wants to ■■■■■ and moan anyway.

A quick look at dev posts here: Developer of ccp games - EVE Online Forums

The devs average about 100 posts per month here on EVE-O.

Compared to popular devs on r/.reddit:

CCP Rise - 25 days since he last posted there
CCP_Fozzie - 10 months since he posted on reddit
CCP_Karkur - has never posted on reddit (she prefers Twitter)
CCP_Dopamine - posts about 2 times a month on reddit and multiple times a month here
CCP_Aurora - 8 posts on reddit in the last month, compared to many more here
CCP_Convict - has never posted on reddit (I’m not sure which socials he uses

EDIT: As Scoots points out below, CCP Convict posts as CCP-Convict and is quite active.

The last 3 are community team members so they are active compared to others, but most active here on the forum.

Obviously, CCP has far more devs than that, and most of them don’t post anything anywhere outside work, but there are probably a few others that are relatively well known worth checking and the results will be similar.

There’s no need for a crying thread about how they should post here more than reddit, when they already do.

5 Likes

His account is actually: Reddit - Dive into anything

2 Likes

Go pick whoever you want.

I’ll go pull the data now and it’ll show how much of a whine about nothing this thread is.

152 includes all that have posted here, a large of whom don’t work for CCP anymore, but I’ll go check for all those that do.

What, you did actually go and validate before whining?

Where’s the actual figures then?

2 Likes

If anyone is curious why CCP employees don’t post here. Just watch at this threat from top to botom.
Official forum at it’s finest…

3 Likes

I’m assuming you mean because there is an argument between opposing views?

If so, other platforms aren’t any different really and for the most part, the forums are better than some of the other platforms. But people having different opinions isn’t a negative.

The OP is certainly entitled to an opinion, just as others are to point out that we don’t have any more right (ie. we aren’t entitled) for access to devs than outlined in the EULA - so no right at all.

It’s great that they give us access here, reddit, twitter, twitch, youtube, instagram, facebook, etc. because they care about the community, but we don’t have any right to that access. We are just customers. We don’t won them.

All of it is a positive, but lets just beat them down with a thread complaining anyway. That’ll encourage them.

1 Like

Since around 2004 if you are talking specifically about the EVE-O forums.

2 Likes

What’s to be angry about?

I just don’t see any benefit in being entitled to something we have no right to, and being wrong about it to begin with.

Yes, the use of “should” makes all the difference here, as you may see by looking up the meaning of the word, and by noting how I was already saying very clearly that I don’t think they should in the very post you replied to saying that I agree with you, in the very part of that post that you quoted even, yet you cannot understand any of this precisely because of how self-entitled you are…

Yes, I am. Are you going to make a fool of yourself about that too?

I didn’t express that correctly. I meant I find it hilarious that you seem to believe this is part of some CCP policy.

And this is precisely one of the things that make you a crappy and toxic poster on these forums. You cannot refrain yourself from making up stuff about every one that disagrees with you all the time.

You’ve been making up stuff about me in each and every thread in which both of us participate. You need to make up stuff about others in order to be able to make it all fit in your head. Things simply don’t make sense to you otherwise.

Again, I don’t agree with you. You’re simply unable to understand why. That’s a problem you have, not me. That’s why you need to make up stuff about me and others all the time, because things don’t fit in your head otherwise and you don’t care at all whether what you believe is true or not, just whether it fits your narrative…

4 Likes

Riot does this with League of Legends too, to the point where they just ended up shutting down the old League forums completely. I don’t think CCP would be the type to do that… but there’s still the option, sadly.

1 Like