Dev blog: Abyssal Deadspace - What Lies Beyond The Filament

More dishonorable than throwing 2k alpha or unkillable rats at a cruiser, then instapop if you don’t beat an arbitrary timer? The whole thing feels like a waste of what could have been a good thing.

2 Likes

And now we have reports that the timer is even more arbitrary than it was supposed to be:

3 Likes

Trust me no-one wasted more hours of his life trying to provide good feedback to see this succeed than me(didn’t even get paid anything) .

The way I look at the npcs it seems like the devs downright just wanted to kill as many players as possible

Bugs were ignored npc stat changes were ignored player capabilities were ignored the core of the game as a sandbox was ignored,it’s like you have to play another game

6 Likes

TBH, as soon as I saw the instapop clause on the feature, that’s exactly what crossed my mind. I recognize that I don’t have access to all the data, but this just screams to me that everyone who goes in and loses the first time will probably never try it again - and that group is going to include a lot of potential new players.

2 Likes

No by looks of it on zkill 95% are old players

2 Likes

You can’t teach a dead dog new tricks.

2 Likes

This is more like taking it out back and shooting it

1 Like

And then shooting the neighbor’s dog.

3 Likes

And then telling the neighbor that they should have been faster if they didn’t want their dog shot.

4 Likes

And then sending them a bill for burial of the dog.

2 Likes

And then, if the dog was big enough, giving them legal notice that other people are now allowed to shoot their other dogs.

1 Like

Pwease stahp

If you don’t like it don’t use the filaments.

CCP knows how often they are being used.
They will either rebalance or will leave it as is.

Either way it doesn’t hurt anyone who doesn’t use it.

1 Like

I spent 8 hours scanning down 29 Data sites and 6 Relic sites. Went between low and high sec, scanning mainly angel sites. I found 1 filament for my time.

Am I doing something wrong or is CCP?

Yes.
They sell in Jita. I bought 1 and it multiplied. I now have over 50 in my hangar of all types and tiers. Multiple skill books/plasmids/bpcs/materials.

From 1 filament.

2 Likes

They only drop from certain area’s found like 5 in 10 minutes in molden heath low sec, data and relic sites.

1 Like

Ironically I have yet to do any-sold all the ships too because hull prices went up.

On the other hand found another bug in abysmal space on sisi nothing gamebreaking tho

1 Like

I ran 2 xD but its meh now. I’m more interested to see how other people do on them than running them.

Twice?

1 Like

Loot has been pretty mediocre so far. Ran three raging (t4) electrical sites. The last one gave me only a fierce (t3) gamma filament for loot in one of the three caches, and the other two caches were empty.

2 Likes