Dev blog: Abyssal Deadspace - What Lies Beyond The Filament

hhn

1 Like

Chat is on Amazon cloud anyways (and local disabled), not sure about mail.

1 Like

Just checked. I can still interact with other players while in the instance. I can cancel orders and give money.

So there is “interaction.” More so because I will have to go back to regular space in 20 minutes or less. That is more interaction than Jita spammers and station warriors.

3 Likes

Not really … anyway this is a side track, you know what I mean with interaction. The pockets are even not properly modeled star systems by EvE standards or a universe with some sense behind the randomly placed gimmicks. It’s arbitrary and meaningless.

1 Like

You mean like planets, moons, and constructs that never orbit and so on.
You will be able to hunt down players that risk the harder filaments knowing they won’t be in anything more formidable than a cruiser.
Why don’t you wait and see? It might be pretty good.

Inb4 CCP alt

3 Likes

Nope, you won’t be with reasonable effort. That’s my point number two.

Because I want CCP to change things now, before release.

IMO they will regret pushing it out like it is now. Resource Wars 2.0.

1 Like

The only people i feel sorry about are the art department if they get blamed for this failing which it will as it is now.

1 Like

Just a couple of points to address.

firstly the " I won’t be able to kill them " argument. this is a bit of a misnomer, this already exists, in the form of stations and citadels, a player can station trade, run project discovery, do invention and manufacturing, etc etc etc, and we don’t hear calls of it not being fair because we cannot kill them? players “undock” from 4/5 abyssal space at a maximum of 20 minutes, with a suspect timer, and probably in deep structure, what more do you want?

The RNG destruction element is real and extremely problematic, at best it will be a cost of doing business, at worst non viable, depending on how extreme the loot is from higher level sites. It is questionable if this is a good design choice.

I hope the balance can be perfected before release, there is only one chance to make a good first impression. If it is done right, this may be the best thing to come to `EVE in a long time.

5 Likes

I want CCP to give me back all the money I spent on clones and to permanently ban and name and shame all bots.

Good luck with wanting.
If this is resource wars 2.0 then you shouldn’t have a problem with people doing them.

2 Likes

Just out of curiosity - mutas allow you to mutate neuts, not not nosferatus? Is this an oversight, or is there reason behind this decision?

The 20 minute timer inside the site has nothing to do with it, if that was what you meant.

It’s just my assumption, but I guess since Nos serves an aggressive and a regenerative purpose at the same time, they might have been seen as something that potentially can’t be countered if too strong.

A certain randomness in spawns is actually one of the really good things about the sites. The problem is that people can run them permanently and by that I mean: one directly after the other.

That is the problem for PVP around these sites, not their existence as such. Let’s be realistic: most carebears simply dock up, logout, cloak and go afk if any neutral enters their pocket. They already need to be stupid, greedy or uninformed to have to face PVP. Mechanics, that have nothing to do with Abyssal Deadspace make it laughably easy to avoid fights. At least when such a person enters Abyssal Deadspace, it is a trap. Well al least that’s the idea. In reality there is a way to avoid that for all areas of space, plus the problem with Tier1-Tier3 in Highsec.

1 Like

So here he is. That one guy that plays on a Mac. And here he is too ask that all development stop because he is too dense to give up on a dead platform.

I turn that around, as a paying customer, I demand that all support for OSX stop. Its a waste of money that could be spent fixing other bugs.

1 Like

I’m the second guy. I’d play too if only CCP would fix the chat issue and their terrible excuse of a UI

1 Like

You misunderstood, I want that to be a success, and want the masses to do them, but not in complete PvP-safety. Because my part in this game is that of the hunter. If nobody runs them or only in complete safety, or with other targets much easier to get, there is nothing to hunt for me.

1 Like

NOSes are terribly under-utilised in pvp, it is the one module that could benefit from mutes without becoming overpowered

1 Like

And nos has some small uses in abysal space even neuts have a function but the gains aren’t worth fitting neuts

1 Like

Working where i do now, “Rogue” is part of the product name. Everyday… everyday i see “Rouge” being used by our clients and die a little inside.

If CCP gave rogue drones a red hue, at least it would still be somewhat accurate.

I think the fact that you are contradicting yourself is a prime example of how contradictory the entire Abyssal PVP system is in itself.

On the one hand we have the 20 minute timer and scanable beacon which guarantees an encounter for the daring hunter.
On the other hand we have Tier1 to Tier3 in Highsec being pretty safe, even from ganks*. Site runners also have time to identify possible threats before they leave the site and call for reinforcements. And finally there is (or was?) a way to avoid being tackled after leaving the site altogether.**

*Ganking people who leave Tier1 to Tier3 in Highsec is merely a theoretical option, which will not make sense for the attacker in most scenarios.

**I write more about his separately

You kids worry too much the rats will suffice in killing the site runners they even pod them guaranteed

1 Like

@everyone

Currently it is possible to avoid being attacked after leaving Abyssal Deadspace
In all areas of space!

Here are the steps for you to reproduce:

1. Run Abyssal Deadspace and make sure to have one spare Filament with you
  2. After exiting the final room and returning to normal space: DON’T DO ANYTHING
  3. You have a 60s Invulnerability timer as long as you don’t move/activate modules etc.
  4. Open your cargohold, double click the spare Filament
  5. After 30-45 seconds the Abyssal Trace will despawn
  6. Look your wannabe attackers in the Eye, while you wait out the 60s timer
  7. Mouse over the Filament window. “Activate” is greyed out
  8. The second your Invul timer is over, you immediately click “Activate”

One has to be no genius to realize that this will break any attempt to catch people outside these sites. With a Tier1 Filament, they can simply keep on running, until attackers leave in frustration.

I’m publishing this so people will abuse it, unless CCP fixes this before launch.

THIS NEEDS TO BE FIXED. THIS IS BROKEN!

Thanks in advance :slight_smile:

Edit: bubbles may possibly stop this, so maybe only Lowsec is fked

5 Likes